++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #2416
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

January 23rd

"Make time for Christ."

Being a Christian means so much more than just believing in the existence of Christ. Many people believe in Christ, but they consciously remove Him from their hearts and minds. They don't have time for Him. It takes up too much of their time...What a tragedy! Too many people see life in Christ as slavery rather than freedom. They feel oppressed by the only true liberator that exists.

To understand Christ, we must spend time with Him. If we reject Him without even getting to know Him, we rob ourselves of any chance at redemption and salvation. As Christian people, we need to keep God close by us. We need to read His Word, dwell upon Him in our hearts, and speak of Him wherever and whenever possible. Keep the Lord close by you, and will never feel alone.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Psalm 10:4

Heaven

Old 01-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #2417
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 24th

"Speak with astonishment."

When someone talks all the time, the tendency is to tune that person out. NO one wants to be around someone who chatters incessantly. What a joy it is to find someone who employs an economy of words. The person who speaks infrequently tends to be heard the most.

When we learn to speak to God of the more important desires of our hearts, we can be assured that He is hearing us and will answer our prayers. When we merely chatter on to God about every little annoyance or inconvenience, we may find that He is slower to answer, in hopes that we will learn to take care of problems that are within our own power to solve. Use wisdom in your dealing with God, and you will find your relationship enriched.

Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear.

Psalm 10:17

Heaven

Old 01-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #2418
Sakizopa
USER INFO »

What a tragedy, that a tradition with crimes and cruelties is more worthful than another religion with crimes and cruelties in another land.
This is my main idea of my pictures soul: before I set any foot into a room for the outer world, I should have noticed to shut this door silently as being invisible for others around me [Solei´Ah]. Because the main idea should have been understood: combinations between the books Kandinsky and Vico ["Liber metaphysicus"] in their aristotelian artworks.

My "Soleiah" http://www.brucknerfreunde.at/bilder/mv02.mp3
Old 01-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #2419
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sakizopa) What a tragedy, that a tradition with crimes and cruelties is more worthful than another religion with crimes and cruelties in another land.
indeed they do coutinue without cease which has always been war in the east back to and fro to the holy hands Is Showing Love Really Does Hurt but in its midst GLORY TO GOD WE HAVE A COMING DELIVERER that spoke Of Love Till Death Nor Greek Nor Jew Or Gentile And STEAD FASTING POWER WITH US Is Beyond Rejoicing THATS JESUS CHRIST KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS Blessings And Strength And Peace Be With You
Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #2420
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 25th

"Gives directions to some, and to all in general."

Our actions follow our thoughts like a heat-seeking missile follows the exhaust of a jet fighter's engine. So in a day when so much around us trains us to find the negative in life, we must aggressively think and pursue the character, the qualities, and the things of God's goodness.

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4:8

Heaven

Old 01-26-2009, 05:45 AM   #2421
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 26th

"The divine lifeguard."

What comfort there is to know that we are being watched over. This life provides some pretty treacherous waters, and we need to know that there is a divine lifeguard, ready to pull us up at a moment's notice. The Lord watches over us, not to stifle or oppress us, but to insure us a full, happy, and healthy life. We can tread life's waters knowing that there is nothing to fear, for the Lord is watching.

The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

Psalm 11:4

Heaven

Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #2422
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 27th

"God is with those who choose the path of righteousness."

Too many people think that being a Christian means believing but not doing. They act as if being a Christian makes their old behaviors somehow right. Nothing is further from the truth! Being a Christian means living a godly life and rejecting many things that the world says are okay. How sad that the people who do live good lives are the ones who feel like freaks. As the days go on, few godly people exist.

Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

Psalm 12:1

Heaven

Old 01-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #2423
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) January 25th

"Gives directions to some, and to all in general."

Our actions follow our thoughts like a heat-seeking missile follows the exhaust of a jet fighter's engine. So in a day when so much around us trains us to find the negative in life, we must aggressively think and pursue the character, the qualities, and the things of God's goodness.

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4:8

Heaven

PRAISE JESUS, wonderfull post i find these things in general GLORY TO GOD IN A WORKING MOVING POROCESS ABOVE US In Almighty Fire AND JUSTICE Who Never Sleeps Working Countiunaly And In that Boundrie You Wanna Stop And Marvel AND PRAISE HIM FROM HIS HOLY TEMPLE, GLORY TO GOD, Who Can Messure All His Praises BLESSINGS AND STRENGTH
Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #2424
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 28th

"The gift of God's love."

I knew this guy who believed that he knew everything there was to know about God. If people expressed their beliefs, the man would criticize and analyze them, telling them what he felt was wrong with their way of thinking. He bragged of all the things he had read, of the people he had met, and the numbers he had led to Christ. His religion was worn as a badge to impress others. He was my old preacher...

Our faith in Christ is not to be a source of bragging and pride; but a source of comfort and service. Being Christian doesn't make us better than other people, just better off. We are blessed by the gift of God's love, and we should receive it with humility and grace.

The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things.

Psalm 12:3

Heaven

Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #2425
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 29th

"Planting time."

This prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi is a powerful model of the longing to bring positive change in a hurting world:

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

A farmer who sows wheat is never surprised when wheat grows from the ground where it was planted. That’s the universal law of sowing and reaping. Paul used it to illustrate a corresponding spiritual principle...

Don't be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others—ignoring God!—harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life.

So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.

Galatians 6:7-10

Heaven

Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #2426
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 30th

"Life is not always fair, but God is always faithful."

Everyone desires justice. But we must recognize that our human frailty makes it challenging to mete out true justice. And we can be bent toward revenge, making a casualty out of the pursuit of it. It’s helpful to remember that perfect justice can be found only in God. His courtroom is the one and only place where we can be certain that justice will prevail.

Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Genesis 18:25

Heaven

Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #2427
Sakizopa
USER INFO »

Stonethrowers and Warthroners

War is the throne of inability and incompetence of selfconsciousness, because war wears the effects of nationalism against other people from one state to another.
The difference between apes in humans is, that apes throwing stones of arguments against others, and humans throwing bombs against another countries, but both creatures are same at once: their inability in diplomacy and thinking art in a kind of consciousness about the earth in both sides of life in history.
Although apes can recognize the nature on earth, it would be an insult to say that apes could not build up any good bombs for their enemies when they would have one (an enemy). On the other hand, humans have their enemies, apes having nones.
Lonely apes have no bombs, sometimes having arguments.
Lonely humans throwing stones against their houses in glass to become a "worthful" member of smashing arguments.
This is my main idea of my pictures soul: before I set any foot into a room for the outer world, I should have noticed to shut this door silently as being invisible for others around me [Solei´Ah]. Because the main idea should have been understood: combinations between the books Kandinsky and Vico ["Liber metaphysicus"] in their aristotelian artworks.

My "Soleiah" http://www.brucknerfreunde.at/bilder/mv02.mp3
Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 AM   #2428
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 31st

"Sleepwalkers."

If the Lord is not a real and vital part of our lives, then we are only half living. God renews us and puts purpose into our being. We are spiritual batteries which constantly need to be recharged. We cannot be recharged apart from the power source: Jesus Christ. The Bible, the church, fellowship with other believers, prayer; these and many other activities draw us close to God and therefore energize our spiritual lives. Draw close to God and feel the power.

Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death.

Psalm 13:3

Heaven

Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #2429
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Praise Jesus

AMEN AND AMEN Wonderfull Post Bub Wonderfull, THE, Bible Teaches Us TO BE ALL FOR HIS MAJESTEY Praise Jesus We All Know The Parable Of The Cost Of Being Luke Warm AMEN To Live To The Fullest Of His Promise And In The Days WE ARE GOING TO HAVE LET HIM SUBSIDE, IN OUR LIFES , There Is A Constant Warfare Between Life And Death JESUS SAID There Shall Be Wars To The End As We That Reflection Of All The Wars Going On In The World Bub We All So See That War Risen Inside Our Hearts Body Soul And Mind JESUS SAID GLORY TO GOD FOR I SHALL BE WITH YOU TO THE END OF THE WORLD, This Last Week Oh Boy I Tell Ya GLORY TO GOD HAS BEEN A LIVING TESTIMONIE Thank All My close Friends Here For All Their Support And Prayers Glory To God The Bible Teaches Us Every Mans Work Shall Be Trialed With Fire GLORY TO GOD PRAISE JESUS And Some Of Us JUST KEEP A WALKING HE WALKS WITH US WHERE ANGELS WONT TREAD, In Our Lifes And In Our Works Opening From Luke 10 19,This Scripture Through The Years Has Had Many Intepertations GLORY TO GOD with old time christantiy BUT Hold On To This Parable Today Everyday And Know That He Walks With Thee, Behold I Give Unto You Power To Tread On Serpernts And Scorpions And Over All Power Of The ENMEY THATS ALL POWER If WE BE ON THE SIDE OF THE KING All His Side He Will Be 100 pecent On Ours AND NOTHING SHALL By Any Means Hurt You Notwithstanding In This Rejoice Not That Spirts Are Subject Unto You BUT RATHER REJOICE Because Your Names Are Written In Heaven BLESSINGS AND STRENETH Kats And Troop PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL IN JESUS MIGHTY PRECIOUS NAME,
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #2430
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 2nd

"Faith-walkers."

Arguments against the existence of God can sound good, but they amount to nothing more than opinion in the face of fact. We walk by faith, not by sight. God is looking for faith-walkers. If we will follow what we know to be true with our hearts, instead of what we can be convinced of in our minds, then God will lead us and sustain us in all that we do.

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Psalm 14:2

Heaven