++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #31
GregS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: More Bad News.....

Scotts going down the wrong road..
If this continues i dont think we will have much of a Scott Stapp tour.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #32
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I don't care what he does in his personal life,...I will still be a fan of his music. I will still buy his cd's and go to his concerts. His personal life doesn't affect me at all. I don't know him personally. I think its obvious, though, that he does have a drinking problem and these aren't just "isolated incidents". But then again, he did just get married the day before,...so maybe it was one of those full weekend weddings and the celebration hadn't ended quite yet. Or maybe this was a one final "hurrah" with the bottle before heading into married life. But then again maybe he just has a drinking problem, period. I just hope this doesn't affect his tour schedule(besides his arraignment date) because I have tickets for his second stop in Atlanta, GA. Does anyone think that he would cancel the entire tour "indefinitely" and enter rehab immediately?

You know...I dont care about his personal life either...but what definitely bothers me in this story its his reaction to all of this...in some days we'll see Stapp playing the good guy role, again being regretful and saying to a newspaper/magazine that 'he needs help, but that this time everything is going to be different because he has a child and (now) a wife'...until the next time...

And I dont think that his problem is deriving from a rock star attitude ... becasue most of the rock stars who had/has drug /alcohol problems dont claim to be regretful /religious...like he constantly does...in media...

Im not judging Stapp but I think that maybe some of us are feeling the same thing that Mark and Flip felt some years ago ...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 02-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »

It pains me to say it, but I think he should cancel the upcoming tour, go straight to rehab and stay there for a long while. It's obvious that the short rehab stints haven't taught him a thing and haven't solved the problem. He's not even touring yet and he's already fallen off the wagon. And what do you think all of this is doing to his son? If Scott can't think of his health as a good reason to quit this bad habit, then he should at least think of his son. Jagger NEEDS at least one parent there for him.

I'm a huge fan of Stapp's music and everything he did in Creed(musically). I also enjoy his solo album. But I can't defend his off the stage antics. He's a man who seriously needs some help and needs to commit to staying sober. Obviously, he still hasn't made that committment yet, which is truly unfortunate. Hopefully he changes his ways before it is too late.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #34
Stappishot
USER INFO »

U know what makes me angry, that article from rolling stone magazine. How he poured his heart out and put his heart on his sleeve. Then he does a 360 and drinks all over again. I agree, he should try to for his son, if not for his wife, then differently for his son. I really don't see this marriage working out (maybe a yr and some months), and if it does, it's gonna be a very rocky marriage.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #35
Disillusioned
USER INFO »

Too bad he didn't take his sobriety coach with him on the honeymoon
Old 02-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) It pains me to say it, but I think he should cancel the upcoming tour, go straight to rehab and stay there for a long while. It's obvious that the short rehab stints haven't taught him a thing and haven't solved the problem. He's not even touring yet and he's already fallen off the wagon. And what do you think all of this is doing to his son? If Scott can't think of his health as a good reason to quit this bad habit, then he should at least think of his son. Jagger NEEDS at least one parent there for him.
I feel so bad for that little boy. The thing is, he can't do it for anyone else. The only way he can do it is for himself. Until he's ready to do that, nothing will change, sadly. And I agree, he should cancel the tour. Change, good or bad, seems to bring out the worst in his addictions, along with pressure. I thought his getting married and going straight to a tour was a bad idea.

Quote: Hopefully he changes his ways before it is too late.
Agreed. God forbid he end up hurting someone else or himself.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #37
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) i only expect them to be married a year or two.
to be honest, i was skeptical at first, thinking they'd only last a couple of years. seems like a rock star and a supermodel or Miss USA or whatever she was wouldn't exactly go together that well long-term. now, what with these revelations that he's not recovering at all, i'd be surprised if they make it to next February.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #38
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I feel so bad for that little boy. The thing is, he can't do it for anyone else. The only way he can do it is for himself. Until he's ready to do that, nothing will change, sadly. And I agree, he should cancel the tour. Change, good or bad, seems to bring out the worst in his addictions, along with pressure. I thought his getting married and going straight to a tour was a bad idea.

Yeah, my heart breaks for Jagger. He needs stability and love in his life. Most of all....he needs a sober father in his life. If Jagger was the reason why Scott didn't kill himself, then Jagger should be the reason why Scott quits drinking. I know, an addict kicking his/her addiction is easier said then done, but with support and love, and committment on Scott's part, maybe Scott can finally kick his bad habit for good.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Agreed. God forbid he end up hurting someone else or himself.

Exactly. I'm afraid he'll hurt not only himself, but his son as well.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:37 PM   #39
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lukedamien) I was @ LAX on 2/11/06 waiting to get on Maui flight for my honeymoon. I was @ the counter and looked to my let and noticed it was Scott Stapp. I was going to say what’s up, but then he freaked. He started banging the counter and said, were getting on this fu**in plane. Your not gonna f**k up my honeymoon. It was great. He started screaming and said he was a cop. My wife and I were the only ones who recognized him and new he definitely was not a cop. He pulled a fake badge and all and said, "you messed up, I'm a fu**in cop." They tried still to get on the plane. He told his fiancé to get on, but she was nervous and the closed the doors. Next the cops showed and were pissed. He was nuts. I was going to try and calm him down and help, but I though he was going to start swingin. I got a couple pics with my cell also.
Luke

I was thinking, wouldn't Stapp be charged for impersonating a cop? So I wonder why he wasn't charged for that as well?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:25 AM   #40
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:54 AM   #41
cariocawlad
USER INFO »

Cancel his tour would be an wise atittude. In this way the alcohol adiction will destroy his professional life like is doing to his personal life.

peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 02-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #42
creedlvr
USER INFO »

This is VERY disappointing. I really hoped that he would pull his act together this time. I'm still a fan of his ..... but I really wish he'd stop acting like an asshole!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #43
titan9
USER INFO »

Hey, wait....shouldn't there be a mugshot from this incident?

Old 02-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #44
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Unfortunately I think it's a lose-lose situation. He cancels the tour he can get the help he needs but unfortunately this will just tick even more people off, especially after all the Creed tour cancellations.

I wonder if his backing bad has any regrets for putting their band off to work with Stapp?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #45
RMadd
USER INFO »

i would imagine so... i wonder if they'll pull out like The Tea Party did