++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2004, 02:50 AM   #1
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Movie discussion thread!

I am a big movie buff and am going to school for film studies. I realized we need a movie thread! Discuss here! The best stuff I've seen lately... The Incredibles was AWESOME, Saw was a great horror flick, Shaun of the Dead was sooooooooo great. I liked Alfie too. I still think the best films of the year are Kill Bill V2, Collateral, and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Has anyone seen Ed Wood (directed by Tim Burton starring Johnny Depp)? That is one of my favorite movies ever but not many people (at least my age) have seen it. My other faves of all time are Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Memento, Citizen Kane, Psycho, Star Wars, I could go on for a while... I LOVE MOVIES!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
i love the jurrassic park movies those Were Kick Ass, Im A Sci~FI Freak And Horror Yesssssss, Star Wars Fan, aI Cant Wait Wait, For The Next One, Killer, Depp Was Awsome In The 9th Gate But I Never Could Figuerd Out The Ending I Will Live I Was Dissapointed With Open Window, Nobody Laugh At Me But The Most Awsome Roll He Had, Was Edward S. Hands Shaun Of The Dead Killer Big Freddy Fan Awww they had to kill him, Wes Cravens New Nightmare Man That Was So Cool Love The Mans Mind,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-15-2004, 03:33 PM   #3
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
I LOOOOOOOOOVE horror movies. The best is the Evil Dead series. "Hail to the king, baby..." LOL!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I saw "The Village" about a week or so ago, and it SUCKED! DON'T SEE IT! They wreck the movie by telling you in the middle that "the things aren't real" and then they leave the end hanging by not showing if the dude dies or not. It was not scary, and when the girl leaves the village to go to the town (yeah, that's really creative, huh?) it's like she skipped from the 1800 into now. WTF?! It was so dumb.

As for my favorites, it'd have to say Pirates of the Caribbean, Back to the Future III, The Patriot, We Were Soldiers, Dr. Zhivago, Shrek, and probably way more.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 11-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #5
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I saw "The Village" about a week or so ago, and it SUCKED! DON'T SEE IT!
and when the girl leaves the village to go to the town (yeah, that's really creative, huh?) it's like she skipped from the 1800 into now. WTF?!

No offense, but you must not have understood the movie. The thing about skipping from 1800 to now was the whole point of the movie. The whole statement of the movie was that the people were sick of how the world was currently so they started a private, unknown "colony" to get away from the rest of the world and all the horrors of it. Yet in the end they found that they can't simply shield themselves from horrors, that evil exists within humans.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-15-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
jarofsap
USER INFO »
Collateral was great, I also enjoyed the new King Arthur movie. Anyone seen the movie Gerry? It's an independent film that Matt Damon and Casey Affleck made about a year back or so. It's very different but really cool. I also like the movie Almost Heroes with Matt Perry and Chris Farley- it's stupid but entertaining.

I'm excited about National Treasure coming out on Friday.
I'm crawling back to start
- Layne Staley (Rotten Apple)
Old 11-15-2004, 09:04 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) I LOOOOOOOOOVE horror movies. The best is the Evil Dead series. "Hail to the king, baby..." LOL!!!
Those Rock hehe Love The Blood In Guts , Remembear ? The Classic Movie Blood Feast I cant Find It Know Where
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-16-2004, 01:53 PM   #8
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
I saw The Grudge, oh my my my scary!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #9
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by GoodGodGirl23) I saw The Grudge, oh my my my scary!
Really? That didnt look too good. Now Saw was scary!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #10
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) No offense, but you must not have understood the movie. The thing about skipping from 1800 to now was the whole point of the movie. The whole statement of the movie was that the people were sick of how the world was currently so they started a private, unknown "colony" to get away from the rest of the world and all the horrors of it. Yet in the end they found that they can't simply shield themselves from horrors, that evil exists within humans.
Exactly, Steve. I don't how HigherDesire missed that. Even though I saw the movie on opening day, I knew how it would end because the script was leaked a looooooooong time before it opened. I would have liked it more had I not known what was going to happen. Some good performances, though. Shyamalan needs to do something else instead of the "supernatural with a twist ending" movies...
Old 11-17-2004, 09:38 PM   #11
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Movies that suck
The village
Alien VS predator (WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING???)
im to bored to name off the rest of the shit

Movies that are good
The bourn supremecy

I saw "The Incredibles" two days ago, honestly have to say it was one of the best (recent) movies I have ever seen. Go see it NOW if you have not already (just ignore the retarded short movie before the real one)

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 11-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #12
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
The Village didn't all out suck, but I admit it was lacking. AVP was fun if you were in the right mood, but it still was pretty bad. The Bourne Supremacy was a good thriller and the Incredibesl brought the house down!! And that short before it was ok... kind cute.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:12 AM   #13
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Really? That didnt look too good. Now Saw was scary!

really? i was really hype when i went to see that, and i went into a huge group, and they were goofing off....
i kinda figured out most of it before it happened, so that ruined it, i didnt danny glover character though.....
maybe if i had been calm enough and just watched it....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller