++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-05-2005, 06:26 AM   #16
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Really! That's an odd choice of cities, considering.

LOL Teri
Old 10-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #17
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) I guess when you write songs you want to perform the ones you like, I have some creed songs especially off of my own prison that I would love to hear live again!
Yeah, but that is NOT Scott's songs! That's Mark's songs that that Scott just sang! I think it's weak of him to play Creed tunes on tour.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-05-2005, 09:53 AM   #18
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Same here. I want to hear more, especially since I'm not fond of the new single. I'm hoping the rest will be better.

Much better ... I hope
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #19
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, but that is NOT Scott's songs! That's Mark's songs that that Scott just sang! I think it's weak of him to play Creed tunes on tour.

How do we know who wrote what? I have seen Scott say he wrote this song because of this and that. I have seen Mark say the same thing about other songs. Does one write the majority of certain songs and the other helps finish it up? Every CD I have had says Stapp/Tremonti or Tremonti/Stapp. thanks

P.S. So are you saying Mark wrote Higher?
Old 10-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #20
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) How do we know who wrote what? I have seen Scott say he wrote this song because of this and that. I have seen Mark say the same thing about other songs. Does one write the majority of certain songs and the other helps finish it up? Every CD I have had says Stapp/Tremonti or Tremonti/Stapp. thanks

i believe they were all collaborative efforts, save for a few...mark wrote the music for higher and probably helped with the lyrics some...or maybe not, we don't know for sure. regardless...he should've done RL and a creed tune, not 2 creed tunes.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Scott wrote most of the lyrics and that makes them his, and he can do them if he wants.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #22
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) i believe they were all collaborative efforts, save for a few...mark wrote the music for higher and probably helped with the lyrics some...or maybe not, we don't know for sure. regardless...he should've done RL and a creed tune, not 2 creed tunes.

I'm referring more to the lyrics. thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #23
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) How do we know who wrote what? I have seen Scott say he wrote this song because of this and that. I have seen Mark say the same thing about other songs. Does one write the majority of certain songs and the other helps finish it up? Every CD I have had says Stapp/Tremonti or Tremonti/Stapp. thanks

Mark wrote all the songs. And by saying that I mean the music. And yes, Mark did write more lyrics than we know of. At least that is what has been told to us by Mark's brother Michael and some other sure sources.

Like What's This Life For... Mark wrote all the music for that one, and some says he wrote most of the lyrics, other says he wrote the whole lyrics. Anyway... I think Mark, (or at least some one who knows him), have said that Scott often took credit for the things Mark did in Creed. So maybe the lyrics for WTLF was one of those things. And it has become pretty obvious that Scott has lied about some stuff in the past, to give an perfect picture of Creed to the fans.

2 example I often use when I'm talking about Scott's lying is:
1) AB and Michael says Stapp did lie, (read the Kerrang Interview! It's up on ABB.net, I think)
2) He said he kept contact with AB after the Creed break up. And that he and Mark decided, over the phone, which songs would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark, Flip and Brian were totally against the release of the Greatest Hits record. When you check the booklet it says that some guy; Ryan Smith, decided which songs were gonna feature on the album. I remember Michael saying in a post back on AlterBridgeRocks.com that all this Stapp had said was just "Another falt lie".

I'm not saying I hate Stapp, I do support him, I'm just saying that he might have been taking some credit for stuff Mark's done in the past.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-05-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #24
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
its really a who knows who did exactly what but they wrote most together.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:15 PM   #25
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Mark wrote all the songs. And by saying that I mean the music. And yes, Mark did write more lyrics than we know of. At least that is what has been told to us by Mark's brother Michael and some other sure sources.

Like What's This Life For... Mark wrote all the music for that one, and some says he wrote most of the lyrics, other says he wrote the whole lyrics. Anyway... I think Mark, (or at least some one who knows him), have said that Scott often took credit for the things Mark did in Creed. So maybe the lyrics for WTLF was one of those things. And it has become pretty obvious that Scott has lied about some stuff in the past, to give an perfect picture of Creed to the fans.

2 example I often use when I'm talking about Scott's lying is:
1) AB and Michael says Stapp did lie, (read the Kerrang Interview! It's up on ABB.net, I think)
2) He said he kept contact with AB after the Creed break up. And that he and Mark decided, over the phone, which songs would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark, Flip and Brian were totally against the release of the Greatest Hits record. When you check the booklet it says that some guy; Ryan Smith, decided which songs were gonna feature on the album. I remember Michael saying in a post back on AlterBridgeRocks.com that all this Stapp had said was just "Another falt lie".

I'm not saying I hate Stapp, I do support him, I'm just saying that he might have been taking some credit for stuff Mark's done in the past.
I'm referring more of the lyrics. I went to abb.net, and it is not alter bridge related
Old 10-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #26
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) Scott wrote most of the lyrics and that makes them his, and he can do them if he wants.

yes, he can get up there and read his lyrics if he wants...lol

seriously though, any artist can do any song they want live. as long as they are not claiming it as their song they aren't breaking any copyright laws and can perform the song.

Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) I went to abb.net, and it is not alter bridge related

huh??
Old 10-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #27
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) I went to abb.net, and it is not alter bridge related
Quote: huh??

Huh???? Another poster told me to look at abb.net for a possible interview. It has nothing to do with alter bridge, creed, etc.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #28
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, but that is NOT Scott's songs! That's Mark's songs that that Scott just sang! I think it's weak of him to play Creed tunes on tour.

Why are they mark's songs? I truly want to know. What if Creed fans want to hear them?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #29
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
you know its funny how Mark has invented himself to be this and that and slams Stapp all the time? maybe mark needs to take the high road you don't see Stapp slaming AB? and they aren't just marks songs people get over him he aint god!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #30
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) Why are they mark's songs? I truly want to know. What if Creed fans want to hear them?
Yeah, see I look at it this way... Since Mark wrote them it's Mark's songs. In case you didn't know - that's the way it works in the music biz!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) you know its funny how Mark has invented himself to be this and that and slams Stapp all the time? maybe mark needs to take the high road you don't see Stapp slaming AB? and they aren't just marks songs people get over him he aint god!
Mark is a very down-to-earth-guy who has NEVER ever said anything bad about Stapp!!! Although I think Brian has. But never Mark. Mark has never in an interview said something unpolite about Stapp! And have you ever thought that he might be telling the truth? That Stapp actually was the reason they broke up? Almost all the Stapp fans are so close minded, and there's nothing in the world you can say to make me take that back! And I'm pretty sure pretty many of you are thinking: "Well, HE is close minded". But I'm really not. I read interviews from both AB and Stapp, I read every post Michael posts. And well... I have heard some pretty bad stories about Stapp from some contacts I have. I'm telling you, if I were close minded, I wouldn't be supporting Stapp! I am supporting Stapp, I just don't think he has a personality that's easy to deal with. I think it has a lot to do with his hard time growing up.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor