++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 02-10-2004, 09:29 PM   #16
Karen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I understand what you're saying Dogstar. With Logan being 9 months old and just getting things off the ground...who knows what's to come. I think they have plenty of talent to do great things. Thanks for the input and the well wishes. I will keep you posted on their journey that awaits them. Cheers!

Jooji_2! I can respect your opinion. It is your's and you are entitled to it! I just do not wish to put words in Mick's mouth and speak for him because I don't know what has been posted at the pit.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 PM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »
They sound pretty good. Never heard of them, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #18
Karen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) They sound pretty good. Never heard of them, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks BearFan!

You know, they don't even have their best song posted at the site! (That's my personal fav though! ) They are finishing up in the studio with it now. It's called STAND UP! It ROCKS! Hope you get a chance to hear that one some day!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #19
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Karen) I understand what you're saying Dogstar. With Logan being 9 months old and just getting things off the ground...who knows what's to come. I think they have plenty of talent to do great things. Thanks for the input and the well wishes. I will keep you posted on their journey that awaits them. Cheers!

Jooji_2! I can respect your opinion. It is your's and you are entitled to it! I just do not wish to put words in Mick's mouth and speak for him because I don't know what has been posted at the pit.

Then maybe you might want to point out to him that what he says on public message boards can very well come back to bite him in the butt. He did plenty of speaking at the time.....mostly dismissing my opinion because I'm a female.....that didn't sit too well with me either. So maybe he might want to tone down the Stapp bashing.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:49 PM   #20
Karen
USER INFO »
I will definately let him know girl!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ya know, I don't want to get into a pissing contest or whatever because you all seem like nice people, but could those of you who belong to other boards keep the crap that goes on there off this board? We've had enough of our own crap here lately. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:10 PM   #22
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Karen) Thanks BearFan!

You know, they don't even have their best song posted at the site! (That's my personal fav though! ) They are finishing up in the studio with it now. It's called STAND UP! It ROCKS! Hope you get a chance to hear that one some day!
I thought I found Stand Up among the demos. Is the studio version different?

Old 02-10-2004, 11:41 PM   #23
Karen
USER INFO »
Hmmmm....seems that Mick snuck that track on the site right under my nose. It hadn't been on there until recently. I don't know if the studio version is different. Haven't heard it yet. They are just finishing up with that track. A couple of their demo's have changed a bit here and there. One of their tracks, My Last Goodbye, is a lot different. They added strings and piano. It's an amazing song. Mick posted a snippet of that track a few months ago. Don't think that one's still there though.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:55 AM   #24
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) actually I think the singer sounds like Eddie Vedder!

ditto
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-11-2004, 12:39 PM   #25
Karen
USER INFO »
Thanks for the feedback DangerousDan85.

Okay...question for the board.

Do you all feel that the resemblance in their voices is a good or bad thing....for Logan?

Could you get into a band that has such a similar sound?
Old 02-11-2004, 05:26 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think it could be bad unless there is something else to distinguish their sound, either a writing style or a playing style, something to set them apart from the rest. That's what Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden did for me. I was blown away by different things in each band. For instance, with PJ, it was Eddie's voice and lyrics; with Alice it was everything, Layne's voice, the amazing haunting harmonies and driving guitars, and lyrics; for Soundgarden it was again lyrics and Chris Cornell's outstanding voice. Cornell was compared a lot to Robert Plant at first, but that band found its own sound and had success. For me, Logan sound a bit too much Creed and Pearl Jam, even though I think the singer is really good and they have potential, I'm not sure I'd be compelled to go out and buy the CD because what I have heard did not bowl me over. Not that it's bad, but it just didn't really grab me. I'm not a musician, so it's hard for me to put it into specifics.

Also, sometimes a band's live performance will do the trick. If I really dig them live, I might be more inclined to give their CD a shot.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 PM   #27
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I agree with Dogstar. If I really want to get into the bands music, then they are going to have to prove that they are different than the people/band they sound like. Otherwise than that, they sound like a good band.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 02-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #28
Karen
USER INFO »
Well Dogstar, someone out there agree's with you (In reference to your comparison of "I am Mine"). This review of "Like a Rain" was from a member at Gragarebands.com.

This song has a kind of a "modern day Pearl Jam" feel to it. The beginning has the same dark but dignified mood as does "I am mine". And this doesn't mean that it's copied, no no. It just has the feel to it. I liked this song very much! The voice of the singer is just right for this type of music, and I like the melodies the guitars play with. Really, one word: great!

You may not be a musician and you say that it's hard for you to put into specifics, but I do understand what you are saying. I think you've done a fine job of explaining your thoughts. If I may ask, how many tracks did you listen to at Logan-net? Which tracks did you listen to?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:23 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I listened to the Lifeless Living and the three demos, Like a Rain, Stand Up, and I think it was Pull Away or something? I can't remember the exact title.

And thanks for the kind words, LOL.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:30 PM   #30
Karen
USER INFO »
So you listened to all of them! Cool! Thanks!

Hey...just telling you as I see things! LOL! Perhaps you should be a musician!