++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-16-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Inspired

I read the bible sometimes, and I am just blown away by some of the things God gives me out of it. Sometimes it penetrates more than words ever could.

I was wondering if we could start a thread where we share verses that have really touched / inspired / transformed us. Now or in the past.

As this is the faith / religion board, this is open to everyone, so please include with whatever writing U use, the source and the author. Bible users, please include book (unabreviated so its easy for others),chapter and verse.

Feel free to include the story if U wish to share, but the words are just fine.

I'm interested to see what this does for people. I hope we can really inspire each other.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #2
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I will start.

I was wondering what God could do with me cos I am so old and from a bad background. I felt like I was destined for failure and would never change.
God showed me this:

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before hand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:19

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-16-2004, 01:43 PM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I will start.

I was wondering what God could do with me cos I am so old and from a bad background. I felt like I was destined for failure and would never change.
God showed me this:

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before hand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:19
oh goodie goodie gum drops i love this thread well theres a lot of scriputres for me i mean alot as you mite know but theres one scriputre in the bible that God Never Lets me foreget }} 1 Cor 27>31 But God HAS CHOSEN THE FOOLISH THINGS OF THIS WORLD TO CONFOUND THE WISE AND GOD HATH CHOSEN THE WEAK THINGS OF THE WORLD TO CONFOUND THINGS WHICH OUR MIGHTY AND BASE THINGS OF THE WORLD AND THINGS THAT OUR DESPISED HATH GOD CHOSEN YEA AND THINGS WHICH ARE NOT TO BRING TO NOUGHT THINGS THAT ARE THAT NO FLESH SHOULD GLORY IN HIS PRESENCE BUT OF HIM ARE YE IN CHRIST JESUS WHO OF GOD IS MADE UNTO US WISDOME AND RIGHTEOUSNESS AND SANTICATION AND REDEMPTION THAT ACORDING AS IT IS WRITTEN HE THAT GLORIETH LET HIM GLORY IN THE LORD ...
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-18-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
One of the verses that has really touched me is Isiah 57 chapter 1. I had a rough time time in my life after someone I went to school with died in a car accident and at church the pastor gave us that verse and I went home and read it and it was just what I needed at that time and it has still been an impact on my life when I am going through tought times.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-20-2004, 07:58 AM   #5
Sincirr
USER INFO »
U know how sometimes U just wanna tell God off and stuff? I have been mad at Him at times. I have felt so guilty and not said a thing.

Look what Jeremiah had the guts to say to God!!!!

Jeremiah 15:18
Why is my pain undending, and my wound grevious and incurable?
Will you be to me like a deceptive brook, like a spring that fails?

I just can't belive he had the guts to talk to God like that! blows my mind! That just shows you what a great relationship they had. Also, this guy was a full on prophet and he still had thoughts like that! Encourages me heaps.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-20-2004, 11:17 AM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
your right i dont question God Because I know He knows before I do I just Have A lot Of faith if U Are A great Prophet You Still Have the same feelings As anybody Else The Only differ Is That Prophets Were chosen For differ Reasons Of God}]But God Bless You The Lord Just gave Me this morning And im gonna Post It For You guys Ok}}GOD Grant me the sernity to Acept the things i cannot Change To Change the Things i Can And the wisdom To know the diffrence}] I Cant Remember Were Thats At In the bible At The moment B/c I know You Specified There Sincirr~~Lol~~Oh heres one of my faves}}Trust In the Lord Your god And lean Not On your own Understanding~~Sometimes when we say Lord Why Is this Going On We Cant Help It we Just Got have Faith In him And he will show Us the way~~IM gonna place A Scrirture Here Every Day To Keep This Thread Going Thanks Sincirr You Know Your Allright
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) One of the verses that has really touched me is Isiah 57 chapter 1. I had a rough time time in my life after someone I went to school with died in a car accident and at church the pastor gave us that verse and I went home and read it and it was just what I needed at that time and it has still been an impact on my life when I am going through tought times.
thats Great Julie His words can bring comfort~~heres what gave me in life first of all a song by creed called sacrafice}}And then these scriptures this is from pslams~~He Heres The tears Of the broken Hearted And Blessed Is Those Who mourn For They Shall Be comforted~~thats from Mark~~matt~~And blessed is the peace makers For they shall be called the children Of God
Old 01-21-2004, 08:21 AM   #8
Sincirr
USER INFO »
I wanna post the passage that Creedsister quoted, cos it rocks!

Psalm:3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding
In all your ways aknowledge Him
and He will make your paths straight.

OOOHHH if only I would listen!!!!!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 01:52 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I wanna post the passage that Creedsister quoted, cos it rocks!

Psalm:3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding
In all your ways aknowledge Him
and He will make your paths straight.

OOOHHH if only I would listen!!!!!
it does rock haha~~you listen i think Ohoh~~for god has not givens us the spirt of fear but of love and a sound mine Thats Some Were In TIM
Old 01-22-2004, 09:29 AM   #10
Sincirr
USER INFO »
U go (in the fire of da spirit!) girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-22-2004, 11:45 AM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) U go (in the fire of da spirit!) girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know thank god for it most of all and sometimes i cant get enough of it
Old 01-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Blessed are the poor in spirt for theris is the kingdom of heaven blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted~~blessed are the mink for they shall inherit the earth~~blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled~~Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy~~Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God~~Blessed Are the peace makers for they shall be called the children of god~~Blessed are they which are perscuted for whats right for theirs is the kingdom of heaven~~Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persercute you AND SHALL SAY ALL MANNER OF EVIL THINGS ABOUT YOU FASLEY for my sake Rejoice and be glad For Great is your Reward In hevean For so Percustied THEY THE PROPHETS WERE BEFORE YOU~~MAtt.ch 5 verse 3>12
Old 01-22-2004, 12:07 PM   #13
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persercute you AND SHALL SAY ALL MANNER OF EVIL THINGS ABOUT YOU FASLEY

I
Read
U
Loud
And
Clear
Sista

ROCK HARD!!!

Last edited by Sincirr : 01-22-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:08 PM   #14
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Psalm 119:18

ROCK HARD!!!

Last edited by Sincirr : 01-22-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #15
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I
Read
U
Loud
And
Clear
Sista
And big God bless ya