++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-29-2003, 06:13 PM   #46
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by GtrPlyr813
First of all I'm a guy for you who were saying (he or her).  I'm just anxious to see what happens. I'm a big mark fan more than anybody else in the band. I just hope they're successful for him.
Its great having more fans come Welcome
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-29-2003, 06:33 PM   #47
GtrPlyr813
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Frankie
Since you mentioned Mark...I guess you better re-think your stand on Weathered.  Did you know that they say that Mark had more to do with writing Weathered than he did their first two albums?  Things that make you go hmmmm.
I love the Weathered album...I have from the first time I heard it.

I like weathered musically. It probably has more guitar songs. But they aren't on the radio except weathered. Bullets was alright, guitar wise. It was a simple but to the point metal song. Freedom fighter kicked ass. Who's got my back was good, woudln't of been a good radio song though too much indian (native american)hollering. Signs was good, nice catchy song you could almost dance to it. Would of been a good radio tune. OLB was one of my favorites 'til it was on the radio, but that has nothing to do with the band just being over-played. My Sac was ok, i guess It was just cool 'cause everyone was waiting for it too come out. SHWM had really cool guitar, It wouldn't of been a good radio song just 'cause it's kind of a live experience song with the crowd singing "you stand here with me" and all. Weathered was great should of been the first single, but by the time it came out everyone was sick of the album 'cause everyone overplays creed soooo much (cause they're damn good . ) Hide! great song. I have know idea why they did not release this instead of DSD or instead of my sac it blows my sac away ( ) DSD good non-single song. Too much like wawo. Lullaby sounds like scott snuck in had kurzweg play guitar and stuck it on the album. Well thats my review on the album weathered haha. All in all yeah i did like it. But I still love HC and MOP. MOP's songs aren't as complicated or anything but they rock. HC is the best album by far over all. Don't deny it. put it in right now and crank that shit and listen to it all day. Have a Nice day. We're all creed fans here. Be nice. See ya.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:09 PM   #48
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
just one thing:

Marktremonti.net is NOT an official site! Itīs just like Tremonti.net, a fan site.

Although Tremonti.net is way better!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:16 PM   #49
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30?14'?.7 W84?
just one thing:

Marktremonti.net is NOT an official site! It?s just like Tremonti.net, a fan site.

Thanks.
________
Charlie Sheen Intern
________
Petite Webcam

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:13 AM   #50
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Stapp has said that he and Mark write for themselves; if they can go home happy with what they've done, that's all that matters. They don't put pressure on themselves to "outdo" previous albums, they just love what they do, and that comes through in the end!

Please stop reading so much into the fact that they're taking such a long break. After everything they've been through together, I believe it will just make them stronger! When everything was coming crashing down in Stapp's personal life, not to mention the fact he was on steroids so they could keep giving their gift of music to the fans, it was winding down to the end of a hellish year for them. Put yourself in Stapp's shoes for a moment. In the spring, you have a car accident, which messes up your back and neck, requiring extensive rehab, which means postponing some tour dates, which you put the blame on yourself for, even though it wasn't really your fault. When you're able to go back on tour, you aggressively try to make up tour dates, trying to make it up to your fans, which puts unbelievable stress on your vocal chords, and you have to rearrange the tour schedule once again, which you again blame yourself for. So, not to let your fans down even more, you agree to take steroids to relieve the inflammation and swelling in your throat. The steroids make you moody, make you bloated in the face, and a whole bunch of other side effects too numerous to mention. Then there's your ex-wife to deal with, and trying to keep peace as much as possible for the sake of your son, who is your life, as well as not getting to see your son often enough. Your ex-wife hits you in the face with a cell phone, the media finds out about it and has a field day with it, as they often do with anything; your every move is scrutinized by the media, in fact. Then there are stalkers(at least one in particular who won't go away until you get a restraining order on her). Your life seems to be just one downward spiral, and the whole world is watching you go through meltdown. At the last show of the Weathered tour, you are transparent and honest with your fans, saying, "I don't know about you, but I'm glad there's only about ?? minutes left to the year 2002!"

Give Stapp and the band a break!!

Sorry so long, I just wanted to make you guys realize why they need such a long break.... and that this long break doesn't mean a "break-up"....

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 08-30-2003, 12:21 AM   #51
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Absolutely right, excellent post Kim.
That sums it all up. Very well said.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-30-2003, 12:46 AM   #52
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
That sums it all up Kim I agree totally
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-30-2003, 09:46 AM   #53
JenRN
USER INFO »
VERY well said Kim, I feel the same way!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #54
Sheila63
USER INFO »
WhoooHooo!!! Very well said, Kim V.!!! I feel exactly the same way and thank you for expressing it so well.

Relearn Love
Old 08-30-2003, 11:54 AM   #55
Creednut22
USER INFO »
Hi! I'm new

Hey, I know how you feel, but I did hear or read somewhere (brainfart, can't remember which) that the band is taking some time off and that Stapp and Tremonti are hard at work on the new album which is slated to be released early 2004.
Tremonti is also finishing up his solo and that's all I know.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:59 AM   #56
GtrPlyr813
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
just one thing:

Marktremonti.net is NOT an official site! Itīs just like Tremonti.net, a fan site.

No shit?
Old 08-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #57
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Alot of good opinions in this thread, have to say I agree to most of it! I for one, am a female (duh, guess you can tell by my name..lol) And I have said b4 and will say it again, MOP is MOST DEFINATELY my favorite by Creed, then HC and then Weathered. In one of the posts, it was said that probably males liked the heavier stuff on MOP and females probably preferred the lighter stuff on Weathered, Well, I'm more into heavier music, I love my music to ROCK!! Although I liked Weathered, I LOVE MOP!! I look forward to anything Creed has to put out next, although I would like it to be heavier sounding too. Only my opinion. Rock On All!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 08-31-2003, 02:54 PM   #58
katzthatsme
USER INFO »
FORGET IT CREED AIN T DONE
Old 08-31-2003, 02:55 PM   #59
katzthatsme
USER INFO »
i agree wit kim