++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-29-2003, 10:56 AM   #31
Frankie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It always amazes me the number of Creed fans that tend to "live in the past". They want MOP over again, and I don't understand it. I just can't wait to hear something NEW from Creed. They are older, more mature, their lives have changed. They aren't in that dark, lost MOP place anymore. As long as they continue to write from their hearts and do what they want to do, I'm sure it will rock us to the core.
And as far as being "done" Mark himself has said that they are getting ready to write and will head into the studio in January.
Give them the time they need.
I'm new here...hope it's ok that I jumped in with "both feet" so to speak.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:29 AM   #32
marlsy
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Frankie
<b>It always amazes me the number of Creed fans that tend to "live in the past". &nbsp;They want MOP over again, and I don't understand it. &nbsp;I just can't wait to hear something NEW from Creed. &nbsp;They are older, more mature, their lives have changed. &nbsp;They aren't in that dark, lost MOP place anymore. &nbsp;As long as they continue to write from their hearts and do what they want to do, I'm sure it will rock us to the core.
And as far as being "done" Mark himself has said that they are getting ready to write and will head into the studio in January.
I'm new here...hope it's ok that I jumped in with "both feet" so to speak. </b>

Welcome to the board Frankie, I hope you enjoy it here! I agree with you 100%! I also just can't wait to hear something NEW from them whatever it is!! Scott will pull something from deep within like he always does and I can't wait to hear it. I like everyone of their CD's with weathered as my favorite. But they all kick major ass! Weathered is my favorite song from that CD and I also love My Sacrifice (yeah it got overplayed) and I love DSD. I love them all even the Lullabye!

Tremonti.net, I was trying to stick up for her not bash her. The wrong opnion remark , I was just kidding! I am a big believer in everyone's own opinion counts, even the ones you don't agree with!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:33 AM   #33
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Frankie
<b>It always amazes me the number of Creed fans that tend to "live in the past". &nbsp;They want MOP over again, and I don't understand it. &nbsp;I just can't wait to hear something NEW from Creed. &nbsp;They are older, more mature, their lives have changed. &nbsp;They aren't in that dark, lost MOP place anymore. &nbsp;As long as they continue to write from their hearts and do what they want to do, I'm sure it will rock us to the core.
I'm new here...hope it's ok that I jumped in with "both feet" so to speak. </b>

Amen!

if you want to hear their My Own Prison sound,

listen to F*CKING MY OWN PRISON!!!

some of you sound like 5 year olds

"i wish they would go back to sounding like the My Own Prison days, mommy can we go to the toy store, I'm not gonna be a Creed fan unless they build a time machine, so i can go back 6 years, to 1997, waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa!!!"

they write what they are feeling at the time and wherever their creativity takes them, it's not like they are gonna go in the studio and be like "yeah let's make this song sound darker" that's not how it works, it's a spontanious process

- Dan
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 08-29-2003, 12:45 PM   #34
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Dan,

Your totally misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying I want a carbon copy of My Own Prison. I just wish Weathered wasn't so fucking poppy sounding, and I'm just saying I hope the next album is more like My Own Prison than Weathered.

You don't expect a band to suddenly change their sound. After Human Clay, I was waiting for Weathered and I was totally pumped about it. However, I was really disappointed because it just wasn't Creed to me. All I'm saying is I hope they go back to their roots on the next album and write something better.

My point:

WEATHERED SUCKED ASS.

MY OWN PRISON FUCKING ROCKED.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:51 PM   #35
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Wow! Are we all pissy or what? You'd think we just left Chicago again! All the albums are different, as Frankie said. They've grown, matured, their lives have become "easier." But I just finished watching the My Sacrifice, the making from MTV. Scott said, "I won't divulge the meaning of this song. Everyone comes up with their own meaning. Our songs are not about pop. Or candy. They are about true meaning." So, I still think their songs come from the heart. I think they've gone from deeper within themselves to deeper within those around them along with themselves. DSD is a video that brings in Jagger, his sister, and although they may not be behind the meaning, they are inspiration to them.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:03 PM   #36
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
ok, tattoo.....I don't care what the songs mean. The music on weathered sucked. Am I the only one that appreciates the music on MOP/HC? All I'm saying is that if Creed comes out with another album like Weathered, that will be the last time I listen to them.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:03 PM   #37
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Let 'em live, they got the talent, but like others said can't worry 'bout the trends. Peace out.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-29-2003, 01:06 PM   #38
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Creed is all about the meaning of their songs. What more can I say?
Old 08-29-2003, 01:47 PM   #39
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Welcome to the board Frankie I hope you have a lotta fun here:P
I agree with ya 110%! I love the variety in Creeds music There is a song for whatever mood you are in and whatever you are feeling. I will honestly say that Weathered is my favorite of the 3! The album came out right when I needed it to because I was feeling the same way and could relate to the songs and the lyrics!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-29-2003, 02:37 PM   #40
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedKevin397
The music on weathered sucked.

So you are saying that the solo on SHWM sucked? Are you saying the music of WGMB sucked? You think the bluesy guitar on Weathered sucked? That's a generalization that, IMO is just not the case. You are entitled to your opinion.

[b]
Quote: Am I the only one that appreciates the music on MOP/HC? &nbsp;</b>

I think we all pretty much appreciate the music on MOP/HC, but not all of us hated Weathered as much as you did.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #41
JenRN
USER INFO »

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-29-2003, 04:35 PM   #42
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedKevin397
ok, tattoo.....I don't care what the songs mean. The music on weathered sucked. Am I the only one that appreciates the music on MOP/HC? All I'm saying is that if Creed comes out with another album like Weathered, that will be the last time I listen to them.

Weathered's music did NOT suck! I personally think Weathered was their best album:P So whatever
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-29-2003, 05:56 PM   #43
GtrPlyr813
USER INFO »
First of all I'm a guy for you who were saying (he or her). I'm just anxious to see what happens. I'm a big mark fan more than anybody else in the band. I just hope they're successful for him.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:06 PM   #44
Frankie
USER INFO »
Since you mentioned Mark...I guess you better re-think your stand on Weathered. Did you know that they say that Mark had more to do with writing Weathered than he did their first two albums? Things that make you go hmmmm.
I love the Weathered album...I have from the first time I heard it.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #45
GtrPlyr813
USER INFO »
It's amazing how many girls like Weathered and Guys like MOP HC.(no offense to guys that like Weathered).
And it's funny how weathered says stuff like "children don't stop dancing." and MOP says "godless to the extent that I died." Then people try to tell you it's not softer or poppier. And I'm not saying DSD is a bad song. I've sang along to it many of times. But the "children don't stop dancing" part kills me everytime. I liked weathered when it came out but I can listen to HC and MOP any day.

And my original post said I don't think scott can handle it anymore. Anyone heard Stand Here With Me from the winter olympics? wow. it hurts to watch, and everytime I've heard him since then live or on TV he's sounded like that.