++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-06-2003, 04:37 PM   #301
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
No kidding! I was on here all afternoon, and now I'm at work and peeking in ...Some days are like that .
Old 09-08-2003, 12:10 AM   #302
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I'm getting back to my walking tomorrow I wasn't able to do anything when I was home except for a few crunches I'm thinking about getting a home gym, I just need to try to find one that won't be that expensive. I just don't want to go through winter without something to work out on
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-08-2003, 10:16 PM   #303
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
I know what you mean Julie. The winter can be so depressing and the time I found myself just not wanting to do anything! I' ve got my exercise bike and have been working hard on that plus , I walked today after dropping my daughter off at her bus stop! I'm gonna try and enjoy the weather before it gets too cold here! It was beautiful today!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 09-09-2003, 12:33 AM   #304
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I walked 3 miles today, mowed the front lawn, and did crunches today I'll probably do some more crunches before I go to bed to
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-09-2003, 08:39 PM   #305
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Way to go, Julie!!

Relearn Love
Old 09-09-2003, 08:44 PM   #306
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Thanks Sheila
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-09-2003, 09:38 PM   #307
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
My boss and I have resumed our 3 mile walks during our lunch hour. So long as there's no rain or snow on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, we'll keep up the 3 mile pace!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-09-2003, 09:42 PM   #308
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Good for you Teri
I walked 3 miles today to and did some crunches:P I really need to get to walkin more again :embarass:
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #309
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
That's cool Teri! Especially walking by the beach. It's also great when you have someone to walk with!

I walked again today after the bus came.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 09-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #310
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
We went to Walgreens yesterday and they had a 5 in 1 home gym thingy for only $60.00 I'm not sure how it will work but I'm thinking about getting it
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-10-2003, 08:44 PM   #311
Sheila63
USER INFO »
That sounds great, Julie! Let us know if you decide to get it. I'd love to hear about it.

Teri, walking along th boardwalk sounds so wonderful. I love being near the ocean in just about any kind of weather.

Relearn Love
Old 09-10-2003, 09:40 PM   #312
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
My mom and I walked on the beach while I was up in Rhode Island. That's my favorite place to walk . We probably did a couple of miles. I didn't do any walking today, but I'm going to give it shot tomorrow .

Julie, if you get that gym station, let us know how it is. It sounds cool.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:53 PM   #313
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I did an hour of cardio this morning, and then my weekly step class tomorrow. I love being back in my fall routine. Now all I need is to get a massage. That's coming in October!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-10-2003, 09:56 PM   #314
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I am about to excercise in just a minute. I have been really good about doing it each day. It takes me awhile to get in the mood, but once I am doing it, I am fine.
That is wonderful news about everyone else as well. Hearing others stories helps motivate me.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:42 AM   #315
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
If I do get the home gym thing I'll be sure to let you guys know about itand give a review about it

I got this from my home page, it looks very interesting and helpful.

US Revising Food Pyramid to Slim Waists
Wed Sep 10, 6:59 PM ET Add U.S. National - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Randy Fabi

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government on Wednesday moved forward with its plan to refashion its well-known Food Guide Pyramid to help pear-shaped Americans eat less and exercise more.

Latest news, photos,
videos and more

With two-thirds of Americans either overweight or obese, consumers have largely ignored the government's dietary guidelines and eat too many sweets and fats rather than fruits and vegetables.

"We've got to do something to get a behavioral change," said Eric Hentges, director of U.S. Agriculture Department's Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. The USDA and the Health and Human Services (news - web sites) are responsible for federal nutrition policy.

Developed in 1992, the Food Guide Pyramid offers a general outline on how much a healthy person should eat each day from the five major food groups. It is the main educational tool used to help consumers interpret the U.S. Dietary Guidelines.

The government, which is working to revise both the Pyramid and the Dietary Guidelines by early 2005, on Wednesday called for input from dietitians, nutritionists, academics, industry representatives and other interested professionals.

Under the new Pyramid, the USDA will recognize for the first time that most Americans do not exercise regularly.

New brochures and educational materials about the new pyramid may be targeted to consumers with sedentary lifestyles, Hentges said. Americans who are physically active would be encouraged to obtain more specific dietary information through a government Web site.

"Given the sedentary lifestyles of many Americans, it was considered better not to assume any specific level of physical activity," the USDA said.

The USDA said its publications would encourage regular exercise.

The current pyramid graphically depicts how Americans should divvy up their food intake each day. Fats, oils and sweets are at the narrow top of the pyramid with advice to use them sparingly. Dairy and meat products occupy the next tier of the pyramid, with a recommended 2 to 3 servings per day. Next are vegetable and fruits, with a recommended 5 to 9 servings daily. At the bottom of the pyramid is the bread, rice and pasta group, with 6 to 11 servings recommended.

The new pyramid may also use cups and ounces to replace the more vague "servings," the USDA said.

Some nutrition experts were, however, skeptical USDA's efforts would help solve America's obesity epidemic.

"Nobody understands the pyramid anyway," said Marion Nestle, a nutrition professor at New York University. "Until USDA starts giving straight information about foods and diets, it's pretty unlikely that people will understand what they need to do to lose weight."

Under the proposal, the USDA offers significantly more detail on the amount of calories certain groups should consume on a daily basis. Groups are based on age, sex and level of exercise.

The proposed recommended servings of fruits, vegetables, grains, meat and milk are based on 12 calorie levels ranging from 1,000 to 3,200 calories. The current Pyramid bases food portions on only three levels -- 1,600, 2,200 and 2,800 calories.

An example, a 25-year-old female who doesn't exercise needs about 2,000 calories per day, while a woman the same age who walks three miles a day needs 400 more calories.

USDA's proposal also takes into consideration recent concerns over trans fats and the benefits of whole grains.

Hentges said the USDA was reviewing every aspect of the Food Guide Pyramid, so consumers can make nutritional choices that are "adequate, but moderate."

Depending on how food groups, consumer advocates and other interested parties respond to the proposal, the pyramid could take a different shape when the revisions are published in February 2005. No new shapes have been proposed, Hentges said.
alone
All I know
on my own