++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 08-21-2003, 07:42 PM   #211
aprile89
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You Ladies Make me PROUD!!! Julbright I am so proud of you for gettin the motivation even though your SICK **you heard my voice in your head didn't ya **

SCOTTSMYMAN ... I know what you mean by not feeling "fat" untill you see pictures .. I now USE those Pictures to motivate myself... Actually I have a before and after pics... and I am gonna keep going! But there is one thing I want to say to you ....

When you look in the Mirror I want you to look at the BEAUTY looking BACK at you ... you may not see it right away .. Look in your eyes . The eyes are the Window to the soul. Your a Beautiful person PERIOD.

I know we all want to be the "barbie Doll" but honestly ..... I don't think I would want that ... My sister and I have always said *yes we're both overweight* that if I had been THIN all my life GOD only knows where I would have ended up. I use my weight to protect myself (Let me explain)

I haven't found my soulmate yet .. but when I do he's going to Love me for who I am and not what I look like. I never wanted to feel like he *mr right* was with me only for my looks .. Maybe this is an excuse to STAY fat maybe it's not. I haven't found Mr Right but I am starting to loose the weight because I feel better about myself and when I feel better I can attract Mr. Right RIGHT to me LOL

does any of this make sense??? or am I just babbling???
Old 08-21-2003, 07:50 PM   #212
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thank you all for your wonderful words. All of you are AWESOME!!!

Kris, I can't wait to meet you in November either. Your warm personality shines through in your posts. And WOW, 10 sizes!!! That's fantastic!!

Julbright, I'm glad you're feeling better and good for you for getting some exercise but listening to your body and not overdoing it. Like Dogstar said earlier, I think listening to what our bodies are saying to us is a very smart thing to do. I know exactly where you're coming from when it comes to getting motivated to exercise, for me, that's the hardest part. I'm planning to go to workout again tomorrow after work since I had a dentist appt. this afternoon so I might need another kick in the butt to get me there tomorrow.

BTW, Dogstar, I forgot to say so earlier but I so enjoyed meeting you at CreedFest and you're a great lady. I'll always remember you being there with me when I got my tattoo.

Relearn Love
Old 08-21-2003, 07:59 PM   #213
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by aprile89
You Ladies Make me PROUD!!! Julbright I am so proud of you for gettin the motivation even though your SICK **you heard my voice in your head didn't ya **  

SCOTTSMYMAN ... I know what you mean by not feeling "fat" untill you see pictures .. I now USE those Pictures to motivate myself... Actually I have a before and after pics... and I am gonna keep going!  But there is one thing I want to say to you ....

When you look in the Mirror I want you to look at the BEAUTY looking BACK at you ... you may not see it right away .. Look in your eyes . The eyes are the Window to the soul. Your a Beautiful person PERIOD.  

I know we all want to be the "barbie Doll" but honestly ..... I don't think I would want that ...  My sister and I have always said  *yes we're both overweight* that if I had been THIN all my life GOD only knows where I would have ended up. I use my weight to protect myself (Let me explain)  

I haven't found my soulmate yet .. but when I do he's going to Love me for who I am and not what I look like. I never wanted to feel like he *mr right* was with me only for my looks .. Maybe this is an excuse to STAY fat maybe it's not.  I haven't found Mr Right but I am starting to loose the weight because I feel better about myself and when I feel better I can attract Mr. Right RIGHT to me LOL  

does any of this make sense??? or am I just babbling???

I can totally relate to what you're saying, aprile. It makes sense to me. For a number of reasons, I have used my weight to protect myself as well but I'm slowly realizing that I don't necessarily want or need that protection anymore. It's just hard to break that cycle and make changes but I feel more positive about actually being able to do it now.

I also wanted to compliment you on the wonderful advice you gave Kris (SCOTTSMYMAN). We're all BEAUTIFUL and we need to realize that about ourselves.

Thanks aprile, for your wonderful words of wisdom and truth.

Relearn Love
Old 08-21-2003, 09:07 PM   #214
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: BTW, Dogstar, I forgot to say so earlier but I so enjoyed meeting you at CreedFest and you're a great lady. I'll always remember you being there with me when I got my tattoo.

Old 08-21-2003, 10:54 PM   #215
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I walked 5-6 miles today and it was in the triple digits today I took water on the first walk cuz I did it earlier in the day but the second walk was at around 6:30 so it didn't feel as bad.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-22-2003, 09:52 AM   #216
Julbright
USER INFO »
Hooray for all of us !!

Aprile, you were lurking in my brain, but I just decided that sitting on my ass was just making it bigger and I truly love the bowflex workout - so I seized the day. It is the aerobics I hate mostly because it is inconvenient. My other half travels alot and when he is gone it is a video tape in the basement which I hate or take my kids on a walk which is less tha productive because I have to go so slow when they are on board. (I need like a double jog stroller or something). Anyway,

We all know we are beautiful no matter our bodies look like, but I do agree that if we love the way we look (whether that is a size 5 or 14 doesn't matter) that we will radiate more beauty. I was always about 15 pounds overweight in college and when I finally accepted that and started execising just to burn stress and got really content with myself, that is when I met my hubbie. He was really HOT when we started dating (he was a police officer and in tip top shape ) and he found me very attractive. My body hadn't changed at all then - it was my attitude. (OK that sounds like it was cool that he was hot but my point is he really had his pick of women and he picked me for the insides)

That is also why I have tried to emphasize in this thread that we are doing this for our health. There are too many things we know about excess weight - too many other ailments and dangers that our extra weight is threatening to bring into our lives. I was borderline diabetic in my second pregnancy and don't ever want to have to live that way permenantly. I don't want to have a heartattack. AND I don't want to pant like a black dog in the summer ever time I play with my kids at the park. THOSE are the benefits I am hoping to get.

OK there is about 10% of me that just wants to be HOT! I spent a lot of time growing up with twiggy people that made me seem fat (when I look back at pix I looked great -just mature looking compared to others who never seemed to hit puberty!) and I never really felt pretty. I do believe (as I have learned from living with a very attractive man) that pretty people get treated differently. I do wonder what it would feel like for a normal guy to be instantly attracted to me and not have to get to know me first ! LOL BUT I only care about that when I think about going to things like reunions or meeting Scottie - otherwise the above stuff stands.

Rambling.....
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-22-2003, 10:14 AM   #217
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Thank you all for everything you've said. I know I'm a beautiful person I guess i just needed someone else to say it for me. I've always been overweight. In high school I was about 20 to 30 pounds over but it didn't stop me. I met my husband. He loved me for me and nothing else. Well, I can't say that because he likes girls with meat. He thought I was attractive even though I was fluffy(LOL). He still loves me even when I was at my heaviest. Yesterday, after everything everyone said and a little love talk from him helped me feel much better. I'm not having a fat day today. I exercised my butt off this morning. I walked first thing and came home to a good breakfast and a shower.

Sheila thank you for being such a wonderful person. I know meeting you will be an awesome experience and well worth the wait.

April, I know exactly how you feel. Just feeling better about yourself will ooze the confidence you need to catch the ONE! Thanks again for starting this thread!

To everyone else

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-22-2003, 06:01 PM   #218
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Bravo, Kris, on starting off your day on such a positive note!!! Good for you!!! I'm happy to hear you're feeling better today. I can relate to you because I've been overweight most of my life too. I'm grateful that we have each other for encouragement and support. Thanks for starting this thread, aprile.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kris.

Relearn Love
Old 08-25-2003, 12:30 AM   #219
Jez
USER INFO »
just wanted to say that I have officially lost 40 pounds since November. I'm pretty damn proud of myself!

Creed~~Bullets
Old 08-25-2003, 12:37 AM   #220
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
As well you should be, Jez! That's AWESOME! Congratulations!
Old 08-25-2003, 02:40 AM   #221
Jez
USER INFO »
Thank you!

Creed~~Bullets
Old 08-25-2003, 09:11 AM   #222
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Jez that's great. Losing any amount of weight can be tough! So,yes you should be proud of yourself!

Kiss away night
Old 08-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #223
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Congratulations, Jez!! That's terrific!!!

Kris, is right. Losing any amount of wait is tough and an accomplishment to be proud of.

I have a question for everyone. Does anybody know why a recumbent bike seems so much harder to work out on than a regular stationary bike? I've been working out on a recumbent bike at the Y and it's killin' me, LOL!!! I was just wondering if anyone knew. I'm not sure if it's the way your body is positioned or what but I find it alot harder.

Relearn Love
Old 08-25-2003, 12:48 PM   #224
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
What's a recumbent bike, Sheila? Is it like sitting in a chair and pedaling rather than having your legs positioned as if on a real bike?
Old 08-25-2003, 03:37 PM   #225
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Yeah,I think that's what she means. I wouldn't have the answer for you Sheila! I've never exercised on one of those before. I have one were the handles go back and forth when you pedal w/the front wheel like a fan! It's a pretty nice bike. It's all digital and tells me how many miles I ride ,the calories I burn and everything.

Kiss away night