++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 08-21-2003, 12:23 PM   #196
aprile89
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Sheila63
ROTFLMAO, aprile!!!:lol: :lol:  You're too funny!!

I've also found another motivator........if I'm going to be on the rail during the next tour, I want to be in better shape than I am in now so, that's helping too, LOL!!

YOU GO GIRL!!! Gotta be in shape to KNOCK the rest of em outta the way!!!!
Old 08-21-2003, 12:24 PM   #197
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Sheila63
I've also found another motivator........if I'm going to be on the rail during the next tour, I want to be in better shape than I am in now so, that's helping too, LOL!!

I am so with that thought too! I got mildly obsessed yesterday with trying to get to Tampa for the Chrystal Reel Awards but when I got to thinking about who I would take with me I ruled out both my sisters and my friends who were all too skinny - I don't want to be the fat one when I meet Scott (which WILL happen). I was so relieved in some ways when I found out they weren't going to appear after all and I had some more time to get in shape.

I also have a BIG college reunion in February and I REFUSE to attend that function in this physical condition. It just CANNOT happen. I will be very down on myself if I don't get this taken care of.

Do you guys ever feel like you are a skinny person trapped in this body? I have always had a little chub in my life but NEVER like this and I often forget that I am fat until I see pictures and stuff. My body image is SOOO distorted! When I was younger and prob 10 pounds overweight I thought I was morbidly obese - and now that I am close to morbidly obese I don't seem to think too much about it - what is that about????
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-21-2003, 12:31 PM   #198
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: [b]Originally posted by Julbright
I am so with that thought too!  I got mildly obsessed yesterday with trying to get to Tampa for the Chrystal Reel Awards but when I got to thinking about who I would take with me I ruled out both my sisters and my friends who were all too skinny - I don't want to be the fat one when I meet Scott (which WILL happen).  I was so relieved in some ways when I found out they weren't going to appear after all and I had some more time to get in shape.  

Oh man, that makes me sad. You are so much more than your physical self!!! I know it's hard and people can be cruel and all,
but I would hate to see anyone not do something because they don't feel they are pretty enough or skinny enough. I spent way too many years worrying about that and now I just try to enjoy myself no matter what weight I am.

Quote: Do you guys ever feel like you are a skinny person trapped in this body? &nbsp;I have always had a little chub in my life but NEVER like this and I often forget that I am fat until I see pictures and stuff. ...what is that about???? </b>

LOL, I so hear that! I knew I had gained some weight over the winter, but the wake-up call came from the CreedFest pics from Orlando! I was like, whooaaaaaaaaaa, this is out of hand. I almost didn't recognize myself . I'm not sure what it's about, LOL...Denial maybe? I probably wouldn't have done a thing about it if I hadn't seen those pictures, LOL...
Old 08-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #199
Sheila63
USER INFO »
You are sooooo right, Dogstar. For so long I put off doing things and going places because of my weight. I was afraid what other people would think of me. Like you, I spent too many years not doing things or going places because of what other people might think of me. So, Julbright, I've felt that way too. Through changing the way I see myself and believe it or not, through Creed's music, my attitude has changed. Yes, I still have my moments when I feel self-conscious but I do what I want anyway. I went to the CreedFeed Fest this past May and it's only because of some the changes I've made that I was able to get on the plane and go have the time of my life, despite my wieght!!! Thanks to the wonderful people here on the bb that I met, they accepted me as I am and if I haven't said it before, THANK YOU all so much, that meant the world to me!!

As far as the feeling like a skinny person trapped in a fat body, yes, I've felt that way too. I can even fool myself when I look in the mirror but when I see myself in pictures, that's a different story. I think Dogstar is right, it's denial.

Relearn Love
Old 08-21-2003, 12:46 PM   #200
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Sheila, you are DA BOMB!!!!! CreedFest wouldn't have been the same without you! We are all better off for having met the cool, wonderful person that you are!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:04 PM   #201
Julbright
USER INFO »
I also have gained acceptance of myself in MOST situations! It has been hard but I realized that at the end of the evening (or whatever) that people are going to remember their interactions with me etc - not my weight. I actually avoided seeing my best friend from HS in person for like 3 years after I had my first kid becuase I was so ashamed of my weight. I now know that if I am focused on the weight and am withdrawn and anxious, then that is what everyone would remember. SO I am pretty much over that - EXCEPT FOR when it comes to Scott! I SO want to be my best self WHEN I meet him (which will happen). Even though we try not to, I do believe that people form judgements when they first meet you based on your appearance. And since Scott doesn't know me at all I want him to SEE how great I am before he gets to KNOW how great I am !!!!! LOL Maybe it is becuase the reality of it is when I do get to meet him (which will happen) the likelihood is that is will last all of 5 minutes and I will probably only get one chance. I want him to remember me skinny. Maybe that is something I still have to work on but that is my honest thought process on it right now.
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #202
Julbright
USER INFO »
P.S. I would still have gone to Tampa if I had the chance to - BUT I would only bring someone my size or larger!!! LOL!!!
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-21-2003, 02:13 PM   #203
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
OMG you guys are making me cry! I've felt that way my whole life. I've never thought of myself as an ugly person but always a fat person. There were many things I didn't want to do because I'm fat. I still feel self- conscious and I've lost 74 pounds. I almost didn't go to the Creed show because I was fat.(like he would be looking at me anyway!) Sheila you seem like a great person and I cannot wait to meet you in November.

I think everybody feels like a skinny person trapped in a fat body. My husband keeps telling me how great I look but, I can't see it. I can feel it when I put on clothes and I've gone down 10 sizes. With all that I still feel trapped.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-21-2003, 02:25 PM   #204
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Kris, I think it takes the mind a little while to catch up with the body, LOL. You'll get there...10 sizes!!! Holy crap...That's AWESOME!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:31 PM   #205
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Thanks Dogstar. Somedays I do see it and I can see it when I like at old pictures of me. It has been some transformation let me tell ya!

Kiss away night
Old 08-21-2003, 02:54 PM   #206
Julbright
USER INFO »
Kris - that is amazing! And body image is such a difficult issue. I agree though that your mind will catch up and you will start to enjoy your success. Do you ever compare pictures from today and before you lost 10 sizes (HOLY CRAP! THAT'S AWESOME!)? I never really see changes good or bad unless I am looking at pictures.

YOu guys have truly been so inspiring to me- my daughter went on a playdate and my other is napping so I decided I felt well enough to work out. My bowflex and I just had a hot date listening to Human clay ( I prefer Weathered for working out but it is in the hubbie's car - darn it) and I feel GREAT! I am so glad I did it. I went easy in case I only feel better due to the Tylenol but I did it and I am proud. I can already feel new energy seeping into my body. Once I work out I am so happy and I love doing it I just can't seem to motivate myself to get started.
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-21-2003, 03:03 PM   #207
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Glad you are feeling better and good for you! I just don't have the energy today for some reason. It's warm out maybe I'll suit up the kids and just go outside in the pool for a little while. Swimming is good exercise and I never feel like I'm exercising when I'm in the pool. My little one has been yelling "poool" at me all day anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement guys. I kinda needed it today. I'm having a fat day( can anyone guess what I mean?) Just needed a little nudge in the right direction!

Kiss away night
Old 08-21-2003, 03:22 PM   #208
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO @ fat day...Yup, I know exactly what you mean.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:01 PM   #209
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
So, I'm not the only one!

Kiss away night
Old 08-21-2003, 06:29 PM   #210
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Heheheh, nope. I'm having one today ...everything I tried on looked hideous in my eyes, LOL...I ended up with overalls and a t-shirt.