++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 08-13-2003, 09:48 PM   #136
aprile89
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
NO Problem

That's what we're here for right??
Old 08-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #137
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Yep, you're right.

BTW, I love your avie pic, aprile.

Relearn Love
Old 08-14-2003, 11:17 AM   #138
JenRN
USER INFO »
awesome thread girls!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #139
aprile89
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Sheila63
Yep, you're right.  

BTW, I love your avie pic, aprile.

Meeeeeeeeeeee tooo .... Love the Smile on his face

hey Shelia are you Creedfan40 on my Creed Vision Bulletin board??
Old 08-14-2003, 12:15 PM   #140
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Yes, aprile, that's me!

And Jen, thanks. I think it's great that we can encourage and support each other too.

Relearn Love
Old 08-16-2003, 10:18 AM   #141
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by aprile89
<b><span style='font-family:century gothic'>
Thanks Julbright for the info... I REALLY REALLY want a Bow Flex think I'm gonna do my homeowork and talk my dad into "investing" with me lol cause it'll be at HIS house. He can't go to the gym as often as he used to either lol </span> </b>

Aprile - this is the 2nd time we bought a bowflex - we sold our 1st one when we moved and my husband missed it so he got it again. I truly love it when I actually use it - I just hesitate to encourage you to spend a ton of money because I do believe we can all find ways to get in shape without breaking the bank. BUT I do love my bowflex and I love the strength I feel when I am faithfully using it. I can't say anything bad about it except the calf thing and the cost.

I also agree about treating yourself once in a while! I repeat my game that I play with myself - when I drink half my daily water quota - I treat myself to a soda. Sometimes I don't even want one but if I have that craving - I make myself get through the 32 ounce water bottle first. Then I don't feel guilty about it and I enjoy my soda - because it is all about balance! I really believe that deprivation will backfire on us and potentially cause binges!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-16-2003, 12:48 PM   #142
Sheila63
USER INFO »
You make a very good point, Julbright. More and more I'm realizing it's about balance. I live with one of my sisters who has never had a weight problem. She eats well the majority of the time and she's active but occasionally she allows herself to have some of her favorites - potato chips and doughnuts. I know I've done the whole deprivation thing too and you're right, it just causes me to binge. I'm also starting to become more active (going to the Y in awhile) so I know that will help too.

Relearn Love
Old 08-16-2003, 07:03 PM   #143
Julbright
USER INFO »
You make a very good point, Julbright. &nbsp;More and more I'm realizing it's about balance. &nbsp;I live with one of my sisters who has never had a weight problem. &nbsp;She eats well the majority of the time and she's active but occasionally she allows herself to have some of her favorites - potato chips and doughnuts. &nbsp;I know I've done the whole deprivation thing too and you're right, it just causes me to binge. &nbsp;I'm also starting to become more active (going to the Y in awhile) so I know that will help too.

You are so right - being active will help too. I find that I often say that to my teenager - All of life really is about balance ! I can't think of one example of anything that that doesn't apply to!

In terms of weight - I think that is why so many people are attracted to Weight Watchers points programs - you eat whatever you want as long as you stay in your points range and it only takes a couple weeks on the plan to realize that you have to balance or you will be very hungry and not see results! You get to bank points if you know that you are going to be heading to a big event or meal - meaning that you don't use all your points from the days before - etc. It teaches you to think it through and plan ahead to find the balance. I have also looked at doing the Body for Life Program which is pretty restrictive with food for 6 days and on the 7th you are told to eat whatever you want. Kind of a different concept of balance there but it still acknowledges that there has got to be some balance.

I think if we are too rigid we will be bouncing back and forth alot - it seems that you and I have both experienced that. AND I also believe in small steps - one soda a day versus 10 is HUGE progress and we need to celebrate all successes no matter how small!

Being aware is half the battle ! Keep it up!
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-16-2003, 07:18 PM   #144
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks for all of the encouragement and support, Julbright.

I've tried Weight Watchers in the past with some success but for awhile, I'm going to focus on being more active and changing some of my eating habits on my own and see what happens. I've thrown alot of money out the window trying different programs to lose weight. I did my first workout at the Y today after having to wait for an appointment and I feel great!!

Relearn Love
Old 08-16-2003, 07:21 PM   #145
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
We should find out about our membership app to the Y this week
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #146
Sheila63
USER INFO »
That's excellent, Julie. Let us know when you hear anything.

Relearn Love
Old 08-16-2003, 07:30 PM   #147
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I will Sheila
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #148
Julbright
USER INFO »
Thanks for all of the encouragement and support, Julbright. &nbsp;

I've tried Weight Watchers in the past with some success but for awhile, I'm going to focus on being more active and changing some of my eating habits on my own and see what happens. &nbsp;I've thrown alot of money out the window trying different programs to lose weight. &nbsp;I did my first workout at the Y today after having to wait for an appointment and I feel great!!

Great that you feel great!!!! I was certainly not suggesting that we blow a bunch of money on weight loss programs - just suggesting that even some of thebig programs acknowledge that there has to be some balance - I just don't think deprivation works.

I have not been healthy at all this week. We were on vacation for three days and I ate whatever I wanted and that is not good. I have not gotten back into the swing since returning home. I am looking forward to kids being back in school this week so maybe I can get some structure back into my days.
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-17-2003, 01:17 PM   #149
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I understand what you were saying, Julbright. I think you're right, overall I think Weight Watchers is one of the healthier weight loss programs.

Being on vacation is tough. I know I usually treat myself more and sometimes it's hard to get back to your routine after returning home. I'm sure you'll do just great this week, Julbright. Hang in there, you sound like you've got a very sensible approach and you'll return to your normal structure in no time.

To go along with my exercising, I went to the grocery store this mornng and stocked up on some healtheir things to eat and drink. I got lots of veggies, fruit and some naturally sweetened Ocean Spray CranGrape juice that Kris recommended.

Relearn Love
Old 08-17-2003, 07:18 PM   #150
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Man, it's an endless battle sometimes, isn't it? Don't worry Julbright, I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things soon enough. You are right about deprivation. It never works, at least not for me. Balance in all things...My mom was telling me about an article she read in a magazine recently that rated all the popular weight-loss plans out there from the South Beach diet to Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. The bottom line was that all the programs were good for a jumpstart, but that in the end it pretty much boils down to eating less and moving more, LOL...Hehe, tell me something I don't know! Anyway, I've been doing a modified Atkins program. I eat all the fruit I want because there's no way I'm going to not eat fruit, LOL. What the whole approach did for me was get me out of some unhealthy habits I'd returned to and got me thinking about taking better care of myself. Today, I got into a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in four years. I was one happy girl .

Sheila, sounds as if you doing all the right things!

For me, a lot of it has to do with mental approach as well. I try not be negative about it (as I tend to be about things sometimes), and thinking of it more in terms of overall health, rather than weight loss, even though losing weight is a big part of the motivation.