++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Gospel of Judas

Has anyone else read this, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Also, what are your thoughts on the Da Vinci code?

Last edited by metalchris25 : 04-13-2006 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Re: Gospel of Judas

us national geographic has info on it. Sorry, I don't know how to post links.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25)
Also, what are your thoughts on the Da Vinci code?

yeah I have a thought on it.... It's fiction hence it is sold in the fiction section.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) yeah I have a thought on it.... It's fiction hence it is sold in the fiction section.

GOOD THOUGHT
Old 04-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) yeah I have a thought on it.... It's fiction hence it is sold in the fiction section.
oh brother naturally
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

I have not read the Gospel of Judas but the media seems to be making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. This "gospel" has been around and known for a very long time. It only serves a purpose as historical literature and not anything significant that will shake the foundations of Christianity (like some media outlets are portraying).
Old 04-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) I have not read the Gospel of Judas but the media seems to be making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. This "gospel" has been around and known for a very long time. It only serves a purpose as historical literature and not anything significant.

hmmm thats funny thats how I feel about the entire bible

but honestly there are plenty of "books" form the time that were not put in to the bible The Gospels of Mary, Peter, the Hebrews, to name a few if I remeber.... there were 80+ books considered for the new testament (about a dozen of them were "gospels" unlike what the davinci code assurts) some of these were deemed gnostic others thye just couldn't agree on the book of Enoch comes to mind. There are places in the world where the book of James or the book of Revelation are not reconized there are other places where more books are reconized so what is the "True" bible this is one small problem that I have run in to with Christianity no 2 camps can agree on doctinal issues so that is one way that I can tell that if there were a god Christianity is not from him/her/it
Old 04-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

there is a a book out about the DaVinci Code called "The Da Vinci Fraud: Why the Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction " By Robert M. Price it is one worth checking out

check it out on amazon HERE
Old 04-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #9
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) I have not read the Gospel of Judas but the media seems to be making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. This "gospel" has been around and known for a very long time. It only serves a purpose as historical literature and not anything significant that will shake the foundations of Christianity (like some media outlets are portraying).

You should check it out, then, cause it says that Jesus asked Judas to sell him out and if that don't shake things up a bit, I don't know what does.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #10
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) You should check it out, then, cause it says that Jesus asked Judas to sell him out and if that don't shake things up a bit, I don't know what does.
So just because it is written on a piece of papyrus it suddenly means it's true? I still fail to see how it shakes up anything.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) So just because it is written on a piece of papyrus it suddenly means it's true? I still fail to see how it shakes up anything.

I don't believe its true, I just like to look at things from more than one angle.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) hmmm thats funny thats how I feel about the entire bible

but honestly there are plenty of "books" form the time that were not put in to the bible The Gospels of Mary, Peter, the Hebrews, to name a few if I remeber.... there were 80+ books considered for the new testament (about a dozen of them were "gospels" unlike what the davinci code assurts) some of these were deemed gnostic others thye just couldn't agree on the book of Enoch comes to mind. There are places in the world where the book of James or the book of Revelation are not reconized there are other places where more books are reconized so what is the "True" bible this is one small problem that I have run in to with Christianity no 2 camps can agree on doctinal issues so that is one way that I can tell that if there were a god Christianity is not from him/her/it

Since you don't believe there is a God, why do you continually post on religious topics? Surely you don't think you are gonna convince one of us you are right, so you must be trying to covince YOURSELF that you are, and that, my friend, means you're fighting something inside.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #13
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) Since you don't believe there is a God, why do you continually post on religious topics? Surely you don't think you are gonna convince one of us you are right, so you must be trying to covince YOURSELF that you are, and that, my friend, means you're fighting something inside.

no not really Chris I study Religion as a hobby I find myth to be rather interesting. and a interesting topic of discussion. no convincing... I just like to disscuss the things that I find in my research and studies.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:24 AM   #14
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Same here.

In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners.
Jonathon Miller

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 04-14-2006, 06:56 AM   #15
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) no not really Chris I study Religion as a hobby I find myth to be rather interesting. and a interesting topic of discussion. no convincing... I just like to disscuss the things that I find in my research and studies.

guess I can respect that