++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
CreedFeed Updates

I'd like all of your opinions on this (including Steve's) but can we work together to update this site someway, somehow? If it means anything I'd be willing to help anyway I could... imo. Creed deserves a great fansite seeing as the official one is rarely updated & let's face it CreedWorld is a joke lol

I know Steve doesn't have much time but maybe we can throw some ideas around & bring everything together to drive more traffic here...

Keep in mind I didn't spend much time on this but here's a temp design I made for the board:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9927/cfdesign.jpg

Thoughts?

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 04-23-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »
Re: CreedFeed Updates

I like your design a lot. There doesn't seem to be many fan sites for any band anymore. Each band seems to have the man fan site and thats it. Back in the early 2000's there were tons of fan sites for every band.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Looks nice.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I mean it doesn't have to be updated every 2 seconds but a design change & a few upgrades to the board would be nice... this is the only Creed fansite left that I can think of.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

I was calling for change a long time ago, but ya maybe Steve can hand over the keys to and let you drive for a bit!!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Well I don't want the keys lol I just want to help out where possible... which I know a couple other trustworthy fans who would pitch in as well.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Agent D
USER INFO »

The site really needs an overhaul. It's been too long.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
nagpo
USER INFO »

I like your design. I think this is a good idea. One edition I would like to add to the forums is the ability to post a picture.

I would also like to update their discography and add lyrics to the songs. It would also be great to update their tour dates on the front page along with photos. I would like to see some other activity on this site that isint on the forums, the rest of the site shouldn't be useless. There is much potential that has been left untapped here for years. Now that Creed is back and we have people coming here daily, the site should be updated to. It would also be great to add Polls as a thread feature.

I agree though, if Steve doesn't have time to do this by his self, he may wan't to share some of the responsibility to the most dedicated fans on this site so we can update it often. I of course would like to help out Dark_Knight on this endeavor.

Last edited by nagpo : 04-23-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I like your design. I think this is a good idea. One edition I would like to add to the forums is the ability to post a picture.

I would also like to update their discography and add lyrics to the songs. It would also be great to update their tour dates on the front page along with photos. I would like to see some other activity on this site that isint on the forums, the rest of the site shouldn't be useless. There is much potential that has been left untapped here for years. Now that Creed is back and we have people coming here daily, the site should be updated to. It would also be great to add Polls as a thread feature.

I agree though, if Steve doesn't have time to do this by his self, he may wan't to share some of the responsibility to the most dedicated fans on this site so we can update it often. I of course would like to help out Dark_Knight on this endeavor.
Much appreciated. I agree about the images (I noticed the [IMG] code is turned off) & also if we could somehow embed videos that would be very useful, I don't think that's possible yet lol but yeah it would be awesome if we all could help Steve out.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #10
BSC
USER INFO »

I do think this site could use a little updating. Including the front page.

However, if we do have something in place to update this site, I don't think it's fair for Dark Knight to have all the responsibility, after all, he already keeps this place alive.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

First off I appreciate everyone who still is active on the forums. Yes it has been a long time and the site is due for an update.

If anyone has any high quality Creed artwork, like the ones Dark_Knight used in his graphic, please send those over to me! I will work on updating the template. Email to steve _AT_ creedfeed _D0T_ com

As far as managing the site, Dark_Knight, if you are interested in helping out with that, I can and am willing to set you up with the ability to add content.

I have to get a few things sorted out in terms of how the site runs (it's coding in the backend) first... let me see what I can do this weekend... I'll post an update later.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 04-24-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

And just an FYI - the reason image codes were turned off was the majority of people posting here back in the day were all down for keeping the forums solely about the conversation. Lots of people used huge images in their sigs and posted irrelevant images that basically ruined positive threads discussing the band, music, etc.

I understand that times have changed and am willing to turn image posting on.

Also, video posting is definitely possible and easily allowable.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 04-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) First off I appreciate everyone who still is active on the forums. Yes it has been a long time and the site is due for an update.

If anyone has any high quality Creed artwork, like the ones Dark_Knight used in his graphic, please send those over to me! I will work on updating the template. Email to steve _AT_ creedfeed _D0T_ com

As far as managing the site, Dark_Knight, if you are interested in helping out with that, I can and am willing to set you up with the ability to add content.

I have to get a few things sorted out in terms of how the site runs (it's coding in the backend) first... let me see what I can do this weekend... I'll post an update later.
I could give it a shot & by the way that temp wasn't final... I was just using it as an example, I do think the keys would look cool as a background though.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #14
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) The site really needs an overhaul. It's been too long.
AMEN AND AMEN it does DK i loved your ideas the black and white is pretty and also i,ve meaning to bring this up as well no time like the present if the pm,s could like be extended because if your texting someone and it gets long of course you have to send out another to finish up your message you guys know i love the netrual tones So Steve Take Your Time And give the board a makeover And Peace Be With Ya,s .......
Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #15
AlterTremonti
USER INFO »

I agree Jared, I think this site needs a complete overhaul. I think I would spend more time on these boards if they were updated and actually looked more "modern." The board theme now makes me feel like I'm living in the early 2000's again lol.