++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
what would God do

take the test see how well you know God the truth may scare you

http://exchristian.net/simmonstest2005/

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 09-01-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
and when you are done with that one try the The Gospel Story Quiz

http://exchristian.net/3/
Old 08-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Hey and if you still have time on your hands try this one

The Christian Origins Quiz

http://exchristian.net/1/
Old 08-30-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
something tells me that this "ex-christian" doesn't know what God would do
i do, however, find it interesting that the basis for the answers provided are all from the Old Testament. it seems obvious to me that this "ex-christian" doesn't really understand christianity. the old testament is full of God's law and his direct dealings with his chosen people, the Israelites. as His law was the basis of their social structure, he needed to act to punish so as to make an example for others not to engage in the punished behavior (this is a fairly basic principle of criminal law, not just God's law). so this "ex-christian" is absolutely brilliantly observant in highlighting God's 'sentences' for ill behavior. however, this former believer fails to grasp the general theme of the New Testament and its significance to Christians. for one, God the Father plays a far lesser role in the day to day affairs of believers. you simply don't see him coming down and smiting those opposed to Him or His Son. Likewise, Jesus Christ, His Only Son, offered that loving thy neighbor is the most important commandment. Jesus smites no one; the closest he comes to so doing is breaking up the selling that had begun to occur in the temple. "ex-christian" also forgets that Jesus kinda died for our sins and kinda rose again, so that we believers wouldn't have to die painful deaths and be judged guilty in front of God. Jesus became guilty for us so that God, who admits He is vengeful, would not wipe us out together.

Last edited by RMadd : 08-30-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
the funny thing is that you Christians will say "The bible is true" and then ignore its teachings and rules just because something is in the "OT" that is hypocrisy Uncertaindrummer said it best when he said God does not change thats why the chatholic church has not changed well who are you as a Man to say that Gods rules have changed??

Just because the test was written by someone who is an Ex-christian does not make the test invalid these people know the bible as well as you and in most cases better than you ever will. So saying the test is not valid becasue it was written by an Ex-christian is a presuppositional fallacy.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) .... however, this former believer fails to grasp the general theme of the New Testament and its significance to Christians. for one, God the Father plays a far lesser role in the day to day affairs of believers. you simply don't see him coming down and smiting those opposed to Him or His Son. Likewise, Jesus Christ, His Only Son, offered that loving thy neighbor is the most important commandment. Jesus smites no one; the closest he comes to so doing is breaking up the selling that had begun to occur in the temple. "ex-christian" also forgets that Jesus kinda died for our sins and kinda rose again, so that we believers wouldn't have to die painful deaths and be judged guilty in front of God. Jesus became guilty for us so that God, who admits He is vengeful, would not wipe us out together.

Maybe the "Easter Challenge" should help in hitting the NT

http://www.ffrf.org/books/lfif/stone.php
Old 08-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
First of all, you mispelled God...

Second, would somebody delete this thread please, these tests created by atheists hold no validation in my opinion, there are no "wrong" answers which supports my request.

Anarkist, you really need to change your ways, I am praying for you this evening...

Heaven

Old 08-31-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) the funny thing is that you Christians will say "The bible is true" and then ignore its teachings and rules just because something is in the "OT" that is hypocrisy Uncertaindrummer said it best when he said God does not change thats why the chatholic church has not changed well who are you as a Man to say that Gods rules have changed??
damnationi don't think you understand what i'm getting at: we believe the bible is true; and part of this belief is that the Old Testament served as God's Law for His Chosen People. another part of this belief is that Christ's death and resurrection have made it such that we don't need to follow God's laws to the T, as recorded in the Old Testament, in fear of swift, vengeful, and merciless retribution (such as wiping out whole cities, or killing people and their friends for 'merely' joking about a person's unfortunate state of welfare. Christ, through his death and resurrection, has shouldered our blame; and he suffered punishment enough when he was betrayed by a follower (Judas), abandoned and denied by his other followers, and, most importantly, forsaken by his own Father and damned to hell (though only for a few days) because of our errant ways. so while our actions may not always be in line with what God desires, we have the comfort of knowing that we will not die painful deaths as Jesus did and suffer the same eternal that awaits nonbelievers. for this reason, i will pray for you, Anarkist. I pray that you will come to know Jesus for who he really is, for who millions worldwide believe he is.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Just because the test was written by someone who is an Ex-christian does not make the test invalid these people know the bible as well as you and in most cases better than you ever will. So saying the test is not valid becasue it was written by an Ex-christian is a presuppositional fallacy.
true, it doesn't necessarily invalidate the quiz (interesting word choice on your part: test... bah!). in fact, i'm not sure i said that his lack of faith is cause for invalidation. but considering the source, it is easy to presuppose and, eventually, discover a significant bias in the test. his motives are certainly different from, say, a nun or professor of religious studies writing a bible quiz. i also do find it interesting that his answers do not contain direct quotes but mere paraphrasing of the verse(s) in question.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:25 AM   #9
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Incorrect Heaven the tests were created by one man and he is a Theist NOT an Atheist he has just rejected the Christian model of God (yes I do realize the typo in the title of the thread) so you accusation that the man is an Atheist is baseless. Just remember Ex-Christian does not mean Atheist.

There is no use to change my ways I am an objective thinker and in my objective observation and thought I have found Christianity to be False and for me personally I have fount the concept of a god or multiple gods to be false as well.... if anyone is willing to offer up PROOF (not doctrine) I am willing to listen and thus far not one word from any of you in the proof dept. just religious doctrine and rhetoric.

You call for deletion of this thread is nothing more that a childish cry of "Well I don't like or believe what he is saying there for I am right and that’s all that matters." You are wrong in you thinking here PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO THINK DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU, HEAVEN YOU ARE NOT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE I HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT THAT IS REALITY! these tests are not hateful they are factual and deletion of this thread will only affirm my suspicions that there is absolutly no tolerance for thought other than the facets of Christianity on this board, your intolerance is shameful.

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 08-31-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:39 AM   #10
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
oops double post

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 08-31-2005 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 AM   #11
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) damnationi don't think you understand what i'm getting at: we believe the bible is true; and part of this belief is that the Old Testament served as God's Law for His Chosen People. another part of this belief is that Christ's death and resurrection have made it such that we don't need to follow God's laws to the T, as recorded in the Old Testament, in fear of swift, vengeful, and merciless retribution...

What about the stance on say birth control that the church decided to take? Why not just throw out the first 5 books? You see here is where the Church Cherry picks what they wish to follow and what they justify to ignore there is no justification... If God is unchanging why is it that he changed? Don’t believe me? In the OT he is the god of wrath. In the NT there is a change we have a man-god that you know a Jesus. God changed and is now the god of love and forgiveness well you need to decide what god you worship the god that says "I am the way truth and life" or the god that say "Be happy in dashing the heads of babies against rocks" THAT IS NOT THE SAME GOD weather you'd like to admit it or not. I have a whole list of inconsistencies if you like I can send them your way.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:27 AM   #12
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Incorrect Heaven the tests were created by one man and he is a Theist NOT an Atheist he has just rejected the Christian model of God (yes I do realize the typo in the title of the thread) so you accusation that the man is an Atheist is baseless. Just remember Ex-Christian does not mean Atheist.

There is no use to change my ways I am an objective thinker and in my objective observation and thought I have found Christianity to be False and for me personally I have fount the concept of a god or multiple gods to be false as well.... if anyone is willing to offer up PROOF (not doctrine) I am willing to listen and thus far not one word from any of you in the proof dept. just religious doctrine and rhetoric.

You call for deletion of this thread is nothing more that a childish cry of "Well I don't like or believe what he is saying there for I am right and that’s all that matters." You are wrong in you thinking here PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO THINK DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU, HEAVEN YOU ARE NOT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE I HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT THAT IS REALITY! these tests are not hateful they are factual and deletion of this thread will only affirm my suspicions that there is absolutly no tolerance for thought other than the facets of Christianity on this board, your intolerance is shameful.
Admitting you mispelled God on purpose is an insult to myself and my religion... That is something I don't take likely Anarkist. The test answers say wrong no matter what you do (again there is no wrong), therefore discrediting the whole thread and the man/men who created the test... Regardless of your motives, you should show more respect in a religious forum... You are a guest here and I don't see how you can substantiate your behavior as undeletable.

If you go to someone's house and start acting out on purpose, you will more than likely be removed from that house. That's what you are doing here... If you wish to discuss religion I have no problem with that, but don't do it in a way where it insults my religion or anyone elses for that matter. You have asked questions and I have responded, only to find you never countered my posts but just up and left at your convenience... Why not finish what you start and then move along???

Didn't your Mom teach you any manners?

Start here...

Heaven

Old 08-31-2005, 08:26 AM   #13
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) Admitting you mispelled God on purpose is an insult to myself and my religion... That is something I don't take likely Anarkist. The test answers say wrong no matter what you do (again there is no wrong), therefore discrediting the whole thread and the man/men who created the test... Regardless of your motives, you should show more respect in a religious forum... You are a guest here and I don't see how you can substantiate your behavior as undeletable.

If you go to someone's house and start acting out on purpose, you will more than likely be removed from that house. That's what you are doing here... If you wish to discuss religion I have no problem with that, but don't do it in a way where it insults my religion or anyone elses for that matter. You have asked questions and I have responded, only to find you never countered my posts but just up and left at your convenience... Why not finish what you start and then move along???

Didn't your Mom teach you any manners?

Start here...

Heaven

OK lets start by say yes the Misspelling of God IS ACCIDENTAL I never did say that it was purposeful.

Now when it come to the test it is possible to answer the questions correctly you just don't know your bible if you can't answer the questions correctly and to say it is impossible to answer the questions correctly shows you haven't tried nor have you courage to say that you didn't try. Your misrepresentation and bending of the truth is detestable.

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou 06-29-2005, 08:35 PM) Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter...

Daniel 9:25-26, the most glorified example I can think of, abundant documentation shows that these prophecies were perfectly fulfilled in the life (and crucifixion) of Jesus Christ.

you say here that there are thousands of prophecies that have been fulfilled now there are scholars who have said with reasonable certainty that there are quite a few prophecies that were "written after the event had occurred" this is nothing new this has been happening for millennia

So where is your proof that:

1 these prophecies came true
2 that they were not written after the fact

If you want more contradictions Try this one
Or This one

You must remember Heaven this is not you house either so you have no room to condemn my actions or my view points. Again I think that is funny you bring up my behavior when you people will bash people when you think they are not looking and passing judgment on people making blanketed statements such as

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr 08-26-2005, 09:12 PM) Plus, outsmart with brilliant and intelligent arguments, every Christian on the planet, but try your arguments when u are face to face with The Creator of Heaven and Earth and see how far U get. cos whether U believe it or not, thats whats coming next.

But till then, enjoy exalting your finite minds.

Or how about

Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address 06-12-2005, 12:14 AM) It's been a whole 12 hours now, and no relpy from the asstheist. I think I will do a paper and prove that asstheism is a cult.

Shall I continue?

You people only see what you want to believe you ignore any reason any thing put in opposition you throw out a red herring and hope no one notices this has been true over and over and over.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:25 AM   #14
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) You people only see what you want to believe you ignore any reason any thing put in opposition you throw out a red herring and hope no one notices this has been true over and over and over.

I see your direction and intent. I respect your views the same as anyone else's. However, what I quoted above needs guidance in my view. For Christians it is called "FAITH" and so there is no need to ask questions. I do not read the bible nor stick to it and yet I have a deep FAITH in GOD. I am not a christian nor do I go to church but yet I have a personal relationship with GOD. I feel that no matter what we all believe in if we are good people and try to live to the best of our ability even in our mistakes that we eventually all have the same goal. To live and love and find validation in our lives.

For so many who have no faith it is hard to understand why people such as christians and other elements of religion do not question there beliefs. I believe in equality of view and feelings. I personaly respect ALL people even if they do not believe in what I do. I am open minded to all things but yet I will not allow anyone to break my faith because it is for me to choose what I find right for my life.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:43 PM   #15
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PJAmerica) I see your direction and intent. I respect your views the same as anyone else's. However, what I quoted above needs guidance in my view. For Christians it is called "FAITH" and so there is no need to ask questions. I do not read the bible nor stick to it and yet I have a deep FAITH in GOD. I am not a christian nor do I go to church but yet I have a personal relationship with GOD. I feel that no matter what we all believe in if we are good people and try to live to the best of our ability even in our mistakes that we eventually all have the same goal. To live and love and find validation in our lives.

For so many who have no faith it is hard to understand why people such as christians and other elements of religion do not question there beliefs. I believe in equality of view and feelings. I personaly respect ALL people even if they do not believe in what I do. I am open minded to all things but yet I will not allow anyone to break my faith because it is for me to choose what I find right for my life.

PJ thank you for your post. Yes I am aware of the existance of faith and the standpoint in which Christians take, I should know I was one for close to 20 uears of my life. I do understand faith but I have to disagree with it just beacuse it tends to be based purley out of emotionalism rather than having some sort of proof and then glaze over with faith.

I usually find (in most cases but not all) something to the effect "The God of the Gaps" or the one that pisses me off the most some one runs in to something they don't understand they just say "God did it" or "Thats the way God made it". Rather than believing in Magic and invisible ghosts I prefer to look to science for expainations becasue the explainations are much more detailed indepth and satisfatory.

that is all for now I do have a life out side this computer.....