++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-21-2003, 06:04 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Absolutely, Jez...Welcome aboard...I don't doubt there are nice people, but there seems to be more fighting and competition over there, that's all. Plus, graphically, I just get lost...Sensory overload ...Did you post here under another name before? I don't recognize this one.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:09 PM   #32
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Welcome aboard, Jez!
Old 08-21-2003, 06:20 PM   #33
Jez
USER INFO »
Thanks, Dogstar....
Yeah, I'm seeing that alot of people don't care for the 'business' of the pit. I like the emoties, and I find that creating my own graphics is very creatively satisfying, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. To each their own
I don't post quite as much there anymore because of the 'competition' as you say, and the never-ending barrage of 'Lust threads'....

Yes, I think that I have posted about 20 times here under a different name, which I changed because I didn't like the screen name's implication of shallowness on my part. No offense to anyone elses choice of sn, of course
I use this name or a variation of it on most of the boards that I frequent now.

speaking of graphics, how do I add a custom avatar under my name?

eta: my gut tells me that the boys will still be attending the awards in Tampa regardless of what news we've heard
jez : )

Creed~~Bullets
Old 08-21-2003, 06:25 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, we try to keep the lust threads all in one place...Re: the custom avatar...Go under your user cp and there is a section for putting in your own avatar. I think the limit is 65x65 pixels or something...It's been a while since I changed mine. I only use ones I find online. Not sure how to put your own in there...You can PM steve (the administrator) and he can probably help you out better.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:57 PM   #35
Jez
USER INFO »
Thanks for the advice

Creed~~Bullets
Old 08-21-2003, 06:57 PM   #36
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Welcome to CreedFeed, Jez!! I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

I'll admit I go over to the Pit and check out the daily thread with the pics of Scott. So you're not the only one here who likes that thread, marlsy.

Relearn Love
Old 08-24-2003, 12:23 PM   #37
Aimee
USER INFO »
Hey Jez, I always ask this question, how did you come up with your nae? Everytime I read it I think about the story my tour guide told me in New Orleans...
The "red light" district of New Orleans (where prostituion was legal) the girls were called Jezebels, and that was shortened to just "jez" They had dance halls where peole would come to get drunk and dance to the piano and geetars. The piano players started to play a blend of cacophony and melody that the partiers loved to cabaret to. So, it turned out that every time someone walked down the street and heard the crazy "new" music, they'd say, "There's them boys playing that Jez music again." When this new sound became official, it into the new name, "Jazz."
Old 08-24-2003, 12:44 PM   #38
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
<b>Hey Jez, I always ask this question, how did you come up with your nae? Everytime I read it I think about the story my tour guide told me in New Orleans...
The "red light" district of New Orleans (where prostituion was legal) the girls were called Jezebels, and that was shortened to just "jez" They had dance halls where peole would come to get drunk and dance to the piano and geetars. The piano players started to play a blend of cacophony and melody that the partiers loved to cabaret to. So, it turned out that every time someone walked down the street and heard the crazy "new" music, they'd say, "There's them boys playing that Jez music again." When this new sound became official, it into the new name, "Jazz." </b>

WOW. Cool story. Thanks for the info. Aimee.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 08-30-2003, 11:55 PM   #39
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, with thanks to the Pit, here's an update:

Crystal Reel Awards rescheduled -- again
The annual Crystal Reel Awards, scheduled to take place over Labor Day weekend, have been rescheduled yet again due to a series of ongoing challenges.

Problems began when the awards were first rescheduled due to construction issues associated with the marquee at the Historic Tampa Theatre. The only dates available for rescheduling were over Labor Day weekend.

Just days prior to the rescheduled event, three major sponsors failed to meet critical commitments that were necessary components to accomplish the production.

In addition, the organization that promised to donate the use of a private jet to transport celebrities from Los Angeles to Tampa pulled out of the deal at the last minute, according to officials associated with the awards presentation.

The combination of these issues led to a discussion between Dream Launcher Studios executive producers and the Florida Motion Picture & Television Association that resulted in a mutual agreement to reschedule the awards to ensure a high-quality show.

DLS now is working with the Tampa Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau to find another home for the event this fall.

All tickets for the Crystal Reel Awards will automatically be rolled over to the new dates.

The annual Crystal Reel Awards, sponsored by FMPTA, honor outstanding achievement in the motion picture, television, recording and digital media industries in the state of Florida.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-31-2003, 01:13 PM   #40
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks for the update, Teri.

Relearn Love
Old 08-31-2003, 04:17 PM   #41
katzthatsme
USER INFO »
it would help me if i lived in florida but its good 2 know they r doin smthin
Old 08-31-2003, 09:48 PM   #42
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
yeah it is
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-01-2003, 08:59 AM   #43
katzthatsme
USER INFO »
but it would also make me more impatient