++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-07-2004, 11:18 PM   #1
Scutley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stories

Well, I made this thread because I want to hear your guys sotries that really ticed you off the most or something very bad happen to you (like a fraud, robbery etc...) I hope you guys know what I mean I will be back later to post mine probably Thuresday or Friday but post yours...

Cast your vote for OLP to win the Fan Choice Award at the Juno Awards.

From ourladypeace.cc:
Juno Award Nominations
Group of the Year, Single of the Year ("Innocent") and Music DVD of the Year ("Our Lady Peace Live")

From ourladypeace.cc:
OLP 6th Major Release CD
Tentative Date
JUNE 2004
Old 01-08-2004, 12:18 AM   #2
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
well some guy took some of my dad's checks (we dont know who, or when he took them). he forged my dad's signature and has bought some stuff. the cops have been to our house twice the past few days and they are "on the case". our account is frozen now, so he cant buy anything else with the checks

guess what he bought....

... TWO PIZZAS FROM PIZZA HUT!!!

if you are gonna bother forging someone's signature and buy stuff with stolen checks, why not buy something nice, like a jacket or an x-box
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-08-2004, 02:45 AM   #3
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Must have been some poor homeless dude who thought that pizza was the most expensive thing in the world so that's what he brought, poor guy.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-08-2004, 12:03 PM   #4
marlsy
USER INFO »
I was kidnapped when I was 14, got away and lived to tell about it!!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by marlsy) I was kidnapped when I was 14, got away and lived to tell about it!!

Are you serious???

Couple years ago when Pokemon was the thing we bought an impossible to find Pokemon game boy game over yahoo auctions for my son - it was the only big present he was getting - it never came - turns out the seller was a teenager who pretended to have like 100 of them or something and frauded all these people into buying them. Big law enforcement deal because of multistate involvement and stuff - kinda wild. My husband was livid and my son got screwed on xmas day - of course we made up for it but at the time it seemed like such a big deal to us
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-08-2004, 01:53 PM   #6
marlsy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Are you serious???

serious as a heartbeat!! Had to pick him out in picture line-up and went to court to put the guy away. He pleaded guilty so we never got to testify and tell what happened. ( I was with a friend when it happened.) He pleaded and only got a misdomenor and weekends in jail for a year, had to go to a shrink and had to go to AA. In my eyes he got away with it only because we got away before he could do anything too bad to us. Remember when those girls were kidnapped a couple years ago by that crazy guy?? That brought it all back!! We were much more lucky than they were though, we were not raped but I was sexually assaulted by him while he was driving. Long story........ I am just thankful to be alive to tell about it!!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #7
Aimee
USER INFO »
ATT sent me a bill for $1500 dollars last January from 1997. Apparently my calling card was stolen and used to make calls to Finland from a pay phone. I never recieved any bills and it wasn't on my credit report. They reported me to a credit agency. Every time I called ATT they gave me less & less info saying it was "too old for their records to keep in the computer." I was a pain in their neck, calling all the time, getting chewed out by this big black lady, rerouted, hung up on. My fraud case was denied TWICE. They never called me back the last time, so I disputed it with the actual credit agencies. Guess what? Within a month these charges were deleted from my credit file! That was last month. If I had just eaten the charge and paid it off (which grew to over 2 grand with interest BTW) I would have had that bad mark on my credit for seven years! This situation reminds me of the movie The Rainmaker (life insurance fraud) and the stuff that happened to my mom after my dad died. They denied her claim, and wouldn't give her a reason why. When I called they gave me all the info then said they couldn't give it to her because then all the family would call. What BS, she's the benificiary! He's dead, so she's collecting. Duh. She had to pay a lawyer before getting her due. PS Marsly, I would LOVE to hear that story if you're willing to hash it out.
Whew, you really got me going there!

Last edited by Aimee : 01-08-2004 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #8
marlsy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) PS Marsly, I would LOVE to hear that story if you're willing to hash it out.
Whew, you really got me going there! :dork:

wanna hear the whole story of what happened??
Old 01-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #9
Aimee
USER INFO »
yeah!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #10
Julbright
USER INFO »
Marsly that is just so wild. I too am glad you are here to tell about it! If you are up to it, it would be interesting to hear about. How courageous you musst have been at such a young age! It is amazing....
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-08-2004, 05:52 PM   #11
marlsy
USER INFO »
ok, I think I told my story before along time ago, here it goes again......

When I was 14 I went with a friend (14) and her boyfriend (20) yeah yeah I know, wayyy to old..... we went to a place by us that was called Lost Lake. It will nestled in the middle of some hills that you actually had to hike too. It was closed to the public and we went there anyway to spend the day laying out and swimming. So that is what we did. My friends boyfriend Ronnie met a man there who spent part of the day talking with us. He was 31, married, talked about his daughter and seemed like a nice adult. He was a very good looking man also, not grungy or perverted looking or anything. He actually looked like a nice clean cut business man. ( Looking back I can see it was strange that grown man was hanging out where noone was with kids, but at the time I was 14 and didn't think anything of it.) So anyway, it was getting late so we decided to go, we hiked out to where we parked the car and he was with us still leaving also. We got to our car and noticed the car had a flat tire. The rim was bent from us going in the place that was extremley rocky. So Ronnie needed to go to a gas station to get a new wheel. The man Rick was not far away by his van and saw we needed help so he came over and offered us a ride to the gas station. At the same time my friend and I realized we left something back at the lake and wanted to go and get it. The man Rick took Ronnie to the gas station and we were just going to wait by the car when we got back from getting what we forgot.

On the way back to the car we notice the guy Rick is there without Ronnie. We ask him whats up and he said it's getting late and he was worried about us being here when it's getting dark so he thought he would come and get us and take us to where Ronnie is getting the tire fixed. We said OK, didn't think anything about it.........

Soooo we got in his VAN and it was a really old van at that. It had three seats in the front. I sat in the seat right next to him and my friend was by the window. So we go down the street and he gets on the FREEWAY and at the same time takes his "thing" out of his shorts and starts playing with it. My friend asks him where is Ronnie, he said oh the gasstation by the freeway onramp was closed so we went up here a ways. So i'm sitting there FREAKING out at what he is doing, I am elbowing my friend in the ribs and she just looks at me like I KNOW!! So we pass an offramp and my friend asks him is that where Ronnie is at?? He said, " No, we passed Ronnie along time ago. " I then asked him well then where are we going?? He said we are gonna keep going until you give me head..... My friend said, well we have to run out of gas sometime. and he said, " I have enough gas to get to where I'm going." So now we realize he is taking us somewhere and is probably going to rape us and then who knows what.

So here we are going down the freeway with this man playing with himself and then he starts grabbing me on my chest, my legs and so on, I'm fighting h im off with everything I am. We are going allll over the freeway swerving everywhere and no cops around when you need them of course. I thought forsure we were going to get into an accident, but we don't. Then he takes ahold of my wrist and tries to take it to his "thing" Well I was fighting and freaking and yelling at my friend to help me, remember, this is an old old van, so my friend all of a sudden take the keys out of the ignition and throws them out the window!! ( You can only do that in older cars if they are running) When that happened I saw evil in his eyes that was so scarey. He back hand punched her in the mouth, grabbed hold of her leg and sqeezed it really really hard and broke blood vessles. The van is slowing down and we are fighting him off as he is going after my friend as much as he can and still steer the van. I yell at my friend to jump and she opens the van door and jumps while it's still going and then I go and he grabs for me and misses. We RUN down a freeway enbankment through brush and all and RUN our asses off to the gas station we see ahead of us not looking back to see where he was, we were so scared he was coming after us. We got to the gasstation and locked ourselves in the bathroom and hold eachother and cry our eyes out. Someone from the gasstation hears us and bangs on the door and we tell him to call the police. So he did and we told them what happened and they actually knew who we where because in the mean time Ronnie hitchhikes back to the car and sees we are not there and realizes something happened and called the police, so my mom and my friends mom knew we where missing for a short period of time. Imagine the hell they went through.
We spent hours at the police station giving our description of him with an artist, telling what happened and so on. The police have his van so they find out where he lives and go to his front door and his wife answers!!! They arrest him. We went to court and I walk in the court room to see him sitting there with his wife and she has her arm around him!!!!! He got to tell his side of the story that day and made it sound as if we were going to do something with him as if it was consentual. He then pleaded guilty and we had to wait for his sentencing. We never got to tell what happened to the court since he pleaded guilty. He got weekends in jail for a year, had to go to AA and a shrink. Big deal, if we didn't get away we might be dead.

The police were so impressed with my friend grabbing the keys, she told them she actually saw that on Adam 12!! Can you believe that?? Adam 12 may have just saved our lives!! The police got a kick out of that. They also said we should not of been there at the lake for they always find bodies there, but they can see why we went with him in the van and most people would of.

I think God was with us that day, all I did from the time it started was pray my lil heart out!! I was so terrified you can't imagine, thank god for my friend or I might not be here.

As a kid I used to actually have reoccuring dreams that I was kidnapped with a friend and we were killed everytime by suffocation. I thank God my dreams only came half the way true!!!! So thats my story!!!!!

Last edited by marlsy : 01-08-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:05 PM   #12
hayley
USER INFO »
Oh my GOD!!! That's insane. Thank goodness you and your friend got away! God only knows what he would have done if you hadn't managed to escape. That would have been absolutley terrifying, I can only imagine. Wow, that was some story... Thanks for sharing that, Marlsy.

I am SO SO glad that you managed to escape

Old 01-08-2004, 06:07 PM   #13
hayley
USER INFO »
And he ONLY got weekends in jail for a year? How PATHETIC is that, I think assholes who do things like that and worse deserve to die in jail, I can't believe that's the only sentence he got.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #14
marlsy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) And he ONLY got weekends in jail for a year? How PATHETIC is that, I think assholes who do things like that and worse deserve to die in jail, I can't believe that's the only sentence he got.

I know, but you have to remember I am now 37, this was along time ago.....if it happened in this day and age he would of gotten alot worse!!! Some people actually think he got off somehow because his family owned a big business in the area and have money. If he would of pleaded not guilty he would of been charged with 2 felony charges of kidnapping, sexual assault. He only got a misdomenor (sp?) if he pleaded guilty, something was off!! Anyway, yeah that was an experience!! I would love to meet up with him in an alley somewhere now!! I always wondered if our paths would cross ever, he lived in the same area as me. I still remember his name Rick Girton.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:30 PM   #15
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I remember you sharing that story before, marlsy. So scary!! Although I know it can't be easy, I'm so happy that you are here to tell us the story.

Relearn Love