++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-15-2004, 04:59 PM   #31
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I see people saying he sold out. But I think it was a smart business move on many levels.

I agree. It also moves everyone closer to the point that Windup no longer has any control. Let them release even another CD...wouldn't that then fulfill their contract? Then everyone could basically tell them where they could put that contract, and go on their merry way. Anybody ever thought its a way to finally ditch the record company?

That story about REM....REM later ditched IRS Records...and signed with another major company.....for some astronomical amount...unheard of at the time.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:48 PM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) ...or kissing the label's ass.
Haha, bad ass comment!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-15-2004, 06:36 PM   #33
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Okay then.....I repeat.....If Tremonti and Phillips are so against the release and don't want it to happen.....why have they not stated such? Its the first I've heard of it. When they start telling people to boycott the album, cause its just a case of the record company being greedy, during concerts....it will smack of artistic integrity.

I wasn't talking about AB; I was talking about Scott Stapp. He's the one supposedly mentioning the Creed release, right? And it may come up publicly for AB at some point. The news about the Creed release and its contents is still traveling.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #34
The Lithium
USER INFO »
If Mark and Flip say "No, you can't release this" they would problably get sued, 'cause they have a deal with Wind-Up.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #35
ctfan
USER INFO »
Well, I'm not going to boycott anything.... I'm looking forward to getting it! Hmmm, wonder since Mark, Phillips AND Marshall (since we was with the band for a period of time) are so against this cd...if they will tell Wind Up that they (the label) can keep any royalties they (the band members) may be entitled to.

Plus too, they could always give a statement to the press about how against it they really are. That would make it official, because right now...all we have stating that they aren't in agreement with it is cause Michael says so.

I mean, if that's the way Tremo, Phillips and Marshall really feel, why not just say so...what could it hurt
Old 10-15-2004, 08:24 PM   #36
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) Who says Stapp did lie. It's just a matter of who you believe.

With everything you reply to with Mark always stabbing Scott in the back and badmouthing AB. Do you honestly believe that they actually sat down and picked the music for this CD. This breakup was done long before it was ever announced.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:25 PM   #37
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I don't think they sat down and picked out songs, and I don't believe they keep good contact, he is lying, and I don't know why!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-15-2004, 08:40 PM   #38
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hockeymom97) With everything you reply to with Mark always stabbing Scott in the back and badmouthing AB. Do you honestly believe that they actually sat down and picked the music for this CD. This breakup was done long before it was ever announced.

Honestly hockeymom97 I think its truth and lies are from both Stapp and AB and the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:42 PM   #39
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
please, read this:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Whoooaaaa there Lith. Nobody, including the band, wants anyone to boycott anything. That was not the point. The point I was making was that Stapp was lying in his interview that Mark and him sat down and talked about this CD. The reason that the guys dissagreed with it coming out was a timing issue. Mark and Flip felt that this CD should come out way farther down the road when it would have more relevance and thus it would mean more to the fans. They were thinking about you guys.

Being so busy making this AB CD, honestly, Mark and Flip had not even remembered the fact that Wind-Up wanted to bring this Greatest Hits CD out. When Wind-up approached them about the release schedule and the content recently, Mark and Flip told them how they felt as I stated above.

Unfortunately, Wind -up had already sunk a bunch of money in this project and if the guys pulled the plug on it Wind-up would have been screwed with a huge money loss. Again, Wind-up has always been great to the guys and treated them like family so they did not want to hurt them financialy in this way. Mark and Flip agreed to let it come out but also said that they would not endorse or promote it or have anything to do with the content since they dissagreed with it on principle.

As far as to who picked the content? I would say a combination of management, Wind-up and Stapp possibly. I also want you to know that another provision that Mark and Flip insisted on(the two of them hold a majority position in the Creed company) was that no unreleased footage or B-sides be included in this CD. The reasoning behind this is that they want to do this way farther down the road(have a CD that would have a lot of unreleased stuff) when it would actually mean something to the fans. Right now Creed has been broken up for less than a year and some fans are still bitter and trying to find out who was at fault and whatnot. They want that dust to settle first. They also have taken a pounding from the critics and the media who deem Creed "uncool". Let some years pass, let the music stand on it's own and someday, way in the future, you all may have a very nice present for the holidays. Again, this is but a plan, but I wanted you all to know the guys thought process.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:49 PM   #40
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, I don't think they sat down and picked out songs, and I don't believe they keep good contact, he is lying, and I don't know why!
Lith, it has been my opinion forever that Stapp is extremely image-conscious, and wants everyone to think everything is right with the world. I think that is another reason why he was so stressed during the Weathered tour. He always seems to want the public to believe that things are fine and dandy when in fact, they're not. I'm not sure why he wants people to believe things don't go wrong sometimes, but he has tried so hard over the last few months to convince people that he is still good friends with the rest of the band, and that Creed's not over. Seems to me he tries way too hard to put on a good public face.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:52 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Lith, it has been my opinion forever that Stapp is extremely image-conscious, and wants everyone to think everything is right with the world. I think that is another reason why he was so stressed during the Weathered tour. He always seems to want the public to believe that things are fine and dandy when in fact, they're not. I'm not sure why he wants people to believe things don't go wrong sometimes, but he has tried so hard over the last few months to convince people that he is still good friends with the rest of the band, and that Creed's not over. Seems to me he tries way too hard to put on a good public face.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #42
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar)

*joins Kerry and starts Terry chant*
Old 10-15-2004, 09:00 PM   #43
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I think Michael statement backup my belief the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I believe a little from AB and little from Stapp.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:03 PM   #44
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Lith, it has been my opinion forever that Stapp is extremely image-conscious, and wants everyone to think everything is right with the world. I think that is another reason why he was so stressed during the Weathered tour. He always seems to want the public to believe that things are fine and dandy when in fact, they're not. I'm not sure why he wants people to believe things don't go wrong sometimes, but he has tried so hard over the last few months to convince people that he is still good friends with the rest of the band, and that Creed's not over. Seems to me he tries way too hard to put on a good public face.

I agree to a point Stapp likes to put a positive spin out there to the media. But I personally don't believe Michael version that AB forgot about Creed's greatest hits being released.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:21 PM   #45
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I wasn't talking about AB; I was talking about Scott Stapp. He's the one supposedly mentioning the Creed release, right? And it may come up publicly for AB at some point. The news about the Creed release and its contents is still traveling.

I WAS talking about AB. If they are so against this happening, then let them stick their neck out and come out and say it publicly. Its easy to imply you don't agree with something when you don't actually have to admit to it. I have no idea what Stapp's position is, or why he has taken it..but thanks to Tremo's brother I do know the position of the other two...but they ain't talking about it. Unless any of us are privy to actual contracts that these people have regarding their respective relationships with a record company...we don't know what they are being held to legally.