++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-15-2004, 12:32 PM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, I agree with Steve. PLUS Mark and Flip are against this, I say we boycott the CD!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #17
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) well, if stapp says it happened, and multiple other sources say it didn't... you be the judge (oh, and before you do that, can i have my rose-colored glasses back?)

Mark and AB have said alot of things that don't add up. I have there CD and support there music but I have always stated that Stapp and AB camp versions are half truth and half false with a media spin. The truth is somewhere in the middle. But I support Stapp on this issue because I think the project has been talked about for over a year and he is trying to put a positive spin on the project without adding to the negativity surrounding Creed. There are alot of fans that what a Creed Greatest Hit CD he does not need to air anymore dirty laundry in interviews.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:48 PM   #18
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: i'm all for it... $15 for songs and videos i've already got? pffffft.......

LOL...you're all for a boycott???

here's a concept...if you already have this stuff...then fine...don't buy it....i believe that it will be those thousands of people that DON'T have it, that will very pleased with it...

there are a lot more Creed fans than those on the internet...
Old 10-15-2004, 01:26 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, I for one am NOT happy about the DVD content. I don't need to pay for videos and performances I have seen/have on my computer. I wanted what a lot of fans wanted: Concert footage, maybe some new interviews, whatever.

And DUH, I know it's a GREATEST HITS album, but other artists have added some gems (demos, unreleased songs, remixes) to their GREATEST HITS albums to entice ALL of their fans, not just the fans who didn't support the band by going to concerts and buying their studio releases (See: Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, for example).

I agree with Steve that Michael was not bashing Scott, just stating his/AB's side of things. As someone else said, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle, and I fail to see how this has anything to do with Scott's solo effort. It's part of a fulfillment of a contract with Wind-Up and it's about CREED, not Scott Stapp.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #20
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, I for one am NOT happy about the DVD content. I don't need to pay for videos and performances I have seen/have on my computer. I wanted what a lot of fans wanted: Concert footage, maybe some new interviews, whatever.

And DUH, I know it's a GREATEST HITS album, but other artists have added some gems (demos, unreleased songs, remixes) to their GREATEST HITS albums to entice ALL of their fans, not just the fans who didn't support the band by going to concerts and buying their studio releases (See: Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, for example).

I agree with Steve that Michael was not bashing Scott, just stating his/AB's side of things. As someone else said, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle, and I fail to see how this has anything to do with Scott's solo effort. It's part of a fulfillment of a contract with Wind-Up and it's about CREED, not Scott Stapp.

In regards to Stapp you stated perfectly what I was trying to express. Thank you I would not be surprise if Stapp is not happy with the CD. I have heard him mention in a interview before that WU was money hungry.

Last edited by musiclover291 : 10-15-2004 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I totally agree with Kerry!! Go Dogstar!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-15-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:56 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I wonder if we can blame Stapp... I agree to what Kerry said, but it just occured maybe he's being forced to do it due contract issues??? :dunno

God knows what his deal to the label says...
Old 10-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #23
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Actually, I could give a rat's butt who is telling the truth or not....and I think there's some storytelling going on with both sides. I really could care less.

As for as not wanting a Greatest Hits CD released in the first place. Hey...they actually don't have alot of control over the matter. They are still contractually obligated to Windup Records. Same thing happened to REM. Without their permission IRS Records decided to put out some kind of greatest hits thing, even though every band member was against it. They even refused to pose for a cover photograph and instead sent copies of old high school pictures...which I do believe eventually ended up on the cover, cause they wouldn't have anything to do with the project. But it still got released, cause their contract called for a certain number of albums and the contract will usually win. The only difference was the record company made the decisions and the band didn't.

Now Alter Bridge has released their album.....but if I was still working on a solo effort and had to rely on a record company to support me when it finally did come out (and one personally, that I think does a crappy job of promoting their bands)....do you really think that it would be in someone's best interest to become a thorn in their side, and refuse to do any promotional work for another of their albums you are connected with? I don't think so. As much as some of you hate Stapp....the man is smart enough to know that its in his best interest to mention the Greatest Hits stuff along with Relearn Love, cause he's still got to get along with the record company. Alter Bridge will deal with Windup when I guess another album comes out....Stapp doesn't have that luxury. So if he is trying his best to make the best out of his own situation....do you really think he would say...."actually, the other two former members of Creed think this idea sucks the big one...and won't have anything to do with it"....it wouldn't look to good to the record company would it.

Hehe.....but you guys just keep thinking about it and analyzing it....and call whoever you want a liar.....to me it just looks like takin care of business.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:04 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: ....to me it just looks like takin care of business.

...or kissing the label's ass.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:18 PM   #25
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji) As much as some of you hate Stapp....the man is smart enough to know that its in his best interest to mention the Greatest Hits stuff along with Relearn Love, cause he's still got to get along with the record company.

I really don't want to go this route, but summing up what Jooji said:

Stapp sold out.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-15-2004, 03:42 PM   #26
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I really don't want to go this route, but summing up what Jooji said:

Stapp sold out.

I see people saying he sold out. But I think it was a smart business move on many levels.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #27
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) ...or kissing the label's ass.

Most people would if they had a solo effort to be released in four or five months and was counting on their record company's support to promote said solo effort.

Tremonti and Phillips are free to stomp their feet and pout and disagree with it all they want......they will be dealing with Windup to handle their next album all in due time. What if Windup says....ya know...they didn't play nice when we put out that Greatest Hits deal...why should we go out of our way? What I want to know is if they are so against it....why haven't they voiced that opposition? Maybe cause they don't want to ruffle any feathers at Windup....ya think? We actually wouldn't even know they aren't happy, and didn't want the release, but for Michael felt the need to tell us Stapp was lying.

Doesn't mean its fair....but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:48 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2)
Doesn't mean its fair....but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
No, you don't...it's called artistic integrity...See: Jerry Cantrell, Pearl Jam, Dust For Life...
Old 10-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #29
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) No, you don't...it's called artistic integrity...See: Jerry Cantrell, Pearl Jam, Dust For Life...

Okay then.....I repeat.....If Tremonti and Phillips are so against the release and don't want it to happen.....why have they not stated such? Its the first I've heard of it. When they start telling people to boycott the album, cause its just a case of the record company being greedy, during concerts....it will smack of artistic integrity.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #30
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Stapp sold out.

AMEN, Steve. That sums up the problem with Stapp I've had all along. It's all about him and he'll do anything to better himself.

The TornDaredevil