++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #1
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mark & Scott - Am I the only one who's torn??

I know we have done this before, but the more I hear about Alter Bridge, the bigger the division I feel in my heart. I am so excited about Alter Bridge and am proud of Mark and all that - I really truly am. But then I see the pictures of him and Myles and I think no matter what anyone says -- Scott included --they are original Creed boys minus Stapp -- and it doesn't feel right and there is no way in heck that it isn't affecting Stapp. It is like they are both my children and I am just as happy for Mark as I am in pain for the way it must affect Scott. I know I shouldn't think that they both can't be successful independent of each other. And I do think that we are going to get to see a whole new side or at least a new depth to Mark that wasn't part of the Creed formula - which is very cool. It also stirs up all that worry for Stapp like what the heck could have happened for it to come to this? I know Scott looks great and is making movies and doing charity things and such, but I don't believe for a second that there isn't more going on behind the scenes with him. I agree with Micheal that Scott is very very good at presenting himself. I think he could make us believe whatever he wants to. Anyway - I just noticed that as my excitement grows for Alter Bridge so does the sinking feeling I get in the pit of my stomach about Stapp.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 05-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #2
14Fuel
USER INFO »
I feel the same way..............sounds weird to say but when I found out I almost felt, I guess betrayed in a way. I was like, but but but what about Scott???? But he is a very talented man and I'm sure will continue to have success in whatever he does. Whether or not he continues in music and goes off into film or whatever, I think he'll be fine. And yes he does present himself very well however if you look back at times that he WAS in a great deal of pain, you can tell. And right now he looks extremly happy. Maybe it's just me hoping all is good with him, but I really don't see sorrow in his eyes. And we all know...........those eyes are easy to read!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
ibleedpurple
USER INFO »
I dunno.... the more I read and hear about Stapp, the more I dislike the guy. I've tried to believe that he's a great person but every story I hear lately directs me to believe the opposite.

But really, I think the time away from Creed will benefit all involved. I think it's been obvious from the start that Scott was more into the showmanship part of the business, the image that Creed projected and all of that, and Mark and Flip have been more about the music. And now, Scott can go out on his own and be the showman that he wants to be without worrying about stringing the others along for the ride, and Mark and Flip (and Brian) can go on with some straight-up good ol music and focus on what they do best. As much as I would love to see Creed stay together and make more memories, the ones I do have (with the possible exception of the end of the Weathered tour) are very happy ones and I'll cherish those forever. But I think it really is best for all of them to move on and do what they want, without holding each other back.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
I for one hope that they get it out of their system. I'm curious to hear Mark and Scott's new material but, I'd be more excited if it were Creed. I know I'm going to get a bunch of crap for this but here goes. It has amazed me at how much people here have turned on Scott Stapp . I mean even Steve has said he'd rather have Myles than Scott. That just floors me. I was at Creed's last show it was awesome, Scott's vocals were unbelieveable. I honestly hope that these are just side projects and then we get our Creed back. This was meant in no way to offend anyone it was just my observation.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:44 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) I know we have done this before, but the more I hear about Alter Bridge, the bigger the division I feel in my heart. I am so excited about Alter Bridge and am proud of Mark and all that - I really truly am. But then I see the pictures of him and Myles and I think no matter what anyone says -- Scott included --they are original Creed boys minus Stapp -- and it doesn't feel right and there is no way in heck that it isn't affecting Stapp. It is like they are both my children and I am just as happy for Mark as I am in pain for the way it must affect Scott. I know I shouldn't think that they both can't be successful independent of each other. And I do think that we are going to get to see a whole new side or at least a new depth to Mark that wasn't part of the Creed formula - which is very cool. It also stirs up all that worry for Stapp like what the heck could have happened for it to come to this? I know Scott looks great and is making movies and doing charity things and such, but I don't believe for a second that there isn't more going on behind the scenes with him. I agree with Micheal that Scott is very very good at presenting himself. I think he could make us believe whatever he wants to. Anyway - I just noticed that as my excitement grows for Alter Bridge so does the sinking feeling I get in the pit of my stomach about Stapp.
your not the only one
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #6
14Fuel
USER INFO »
MrCreedFreakTN - I'm so with you................I really hope all this side stuff is only temporary. I was (just as you) very shocked to see fans turn against Scott. Just as most of us, he's gone through some rough times and as we all know his emotions come out of him very strong. So when he was having a hard time and showing it, fans turned their backs. I don't know, all I can say is I miss Creed. They were a kick ass band and I personally think that they were all in it for the music. Otherwise they wouldn't have an "army" of fans out there like they do. I really hope we have more Creed records in the future.................near future would be even better. But you have to remember that they've said multiple times that they promised each other 10 years and if it didn't work out then they'd find other ways to support themselves. Well, 10 years came and they went on "hiatus!" So to me, more than likely.............even though they haven't said it, I think they're pondering a break up. Most bands don't do side projects with everyone still in the band BUT the lead singer. And yeah, sometimes Scotts passion plays against him.............but unlike so many of us in this world today, atleast he's real.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:50 PM   #7
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Plus.............Scott said it best, his charactor is always being judged! Can't we all just kiss and make up!

- Sherri
Old 05-07-2004, 03:55 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by 14Fuel) Plus.............Scott said it best, his charactor is always being judged! Can't we all just kiss and make up!

- Sherri
hey sherri thats a great idea why didnt i think of that
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-07-2004, 03:58 PM   #9
ibleedpurple
USER INFO »
I hate to burst your bubble, but... here's a report that someone gave on CreedPit yesterday of a story on a radio station in Chicago:

----

OK- Here goes. Its not the lawsuit it was just interesting.

. May 6th at approx 8:45

The djs were talking with David Cross (Men in Black) who was on the poker show with Stapp back in ...whenever it was.

they began talking about how annoying it was that he had to do late shows and then go on the air to talk to djs early the next morning. The DJs were joking and saying that it couldnt be that bad.

Cross says ...the only thing worse is having to put up with Scott Stapp on the poker show I was on. He went on to say that he was never a fan of Creed's- pod's Evanesence... music but that was neither here nor there. He said that when he went on the show that it was unbelieveable to him how *no one*- from the makeup ladies to the production assistants who could work with the guy.

Cross went on to describe how that he followed Stapp from the chair in makeup to the table itself...and that no matter who it was that worked with him...there was not one person who had anything good to say about the man, and that he treated everyone like crap.

The djs went on to say that they had heard the same thing but they didnt know. Cross said, 'well, its true...he;s a...well, I cant say what he is because I dont want you guys to get (fined for him swearing) but he's a ---------!

They went on to talk about other things...but I was amazed at how many times they *kept *coming *back *to *Stapp... and Cross would just go into another example of what a jerk he was.

I have to tell you all here- this is where I was almost in tears and almost hit a pole...just to hear him ripped to shreds....and not only that....that perhaps I have had rose colored glasses on...that maybe he is not a very nice person. I always try to see the good and humor you know?

(no matter what that drama quees says, I do have a heart- the drama queen is the one who cannot take things into context, ...)

Anyway, the djs asked if they say Stapp do any coke or was he drinking because they had heard that he was a big drunk now.

Cross said that he was drinking ...but they all were and that you couldnt really tell too much because Stapp had this ***enormous possee *** with him. Cross was like

"Its a poker show for charity , not a club!!!"

" He said that none of them had a possee with them on the show and it just made Stapp seem even more ridiculous because he had all these flunkies waiting on him the whole time.

It went on for about 5 minutes or so....which may seem not like alot of time...but when they are talking about your smoochable baby- it really is. I was just floored how they kept coming back to it and back to it.

-----

And this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as "bad" things that I've heard about him doing that aren't made public. I'm sorry to say (believe me, I really am because I've looked up to him for a long time and wish it wasn't this way), but he's not as real as you think.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #10
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Drama queen?
Old 05-07-2004, 04:13 PM   #11
Julbright
USER INFO »
anyone know what radio station that was???? I don't know much about that guy but he is a yahoo himself isn't he?
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 05-07-2004, 04:15 PM   #12
14Fuel
USER INFO »
JulBright - Who you mean David Cross?

-Sherri
Old 05-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #13
Julbright
USER INFO »
Oh yes - I mean David Cross...
Give me eyes of a child

Old 05-07-2004, 04:24 PM   #14
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Yeah David Cross is kind of...............not to sound mean, but odd!
Old 05-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #15
14Fuel
USER INFO »
MrCreedFreakTN - you have the same birthday as Kevin Miller (drummer from Fuel - my other favortie band!) FYI!