++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Fans By City
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2003, 08:00 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Fr3ak
... dogstar started in on the rage, creedfan didnt need the idiot comment and teri shouldnt even started in. i have a question ? does anyone know when to stop ? doesnt seem that way. id like to know one thing, how old you 3-4 people are.

FYI, Fr3ak, if you read the posts, Creedfannomore? brought up the churchgoing people and I posted my opinion on it, simple as that.. There was no *rage* in it as you say, just my irritation at the comment. The rage came from Creedfannomore?. By the way, I'm quite calm, thank you. I did not take issue with Creedfannomore?'s disappointment, anger, whatever about the Chicago show. I agreed Stapp should apologize and Creed should do a make-up show. I took issue with this person's pointing out that churches bus kids and adults in to hear a *god-fearing* band, as if they should be held to some higher standard. Creed have said time and again that they are not a Christian band. They are a rock band, end of story. People see what they want to see in their music, and that's fine. What bothered me was the sometimes unrealistic expectations of some church-type people, that is all. And my comment was not an *idiot comment*.

Creedfannomore?, I don't *want the gloves off*, as you say. I'm not here to fight. I posted my opinion on something you posted, and you did same, but there's no need to get so nasty about it. Your tone with me and Teri really wasn't necessary. And I'm sorry that your tongue-in-cheek ? at the end of your screen name did not translate in the written word. That happens sometimes.

So lay off Teri and my other friends here. We're not idiots and we really don't need the childish name-calling.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:51 PM   #32
Fr3ak
USER INFO »
I know creed has said they're not a christian band, but they portray a alot of christian like messages if you will in they're music. and thats why some church going people like them, i think thats all creedfan was trying to explain. that all kinds were at that show and it affects people differently. maybe god fearing was a bad choice of words, but tell me you dont think at the very least, stapp is a god fearing man. if you know the history. thats all that was being mentioned. and the rage came from you guys jumping on him about those comments. you took those words and made them into something they werent. and teri , bcause you've written to the proper channels, does that make you better, and your here supporting creed. thats your way. why are you to judging people on how they support or care for a band. just seems ridiculous. all of it.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:00 PM   #33
Fr3ak
USER INFO »
just to point it out dogstar, i said creedfan didnt need the idiot comment, that means if you read, he didnt need to say the idiot comment.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:26 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
.... but tell me you dont think at the very least, stapp is a god fearing man. if you know the history. thats all that was being mentioned. and the rage came from you guys jumping on him about those comments. you took those words and made them into something they werent.

I disagree with you on you last statement here, but I guess we can agree to disagree and move on.

I do know the history, and though he was brought up by a strict pentecostal minister, he has said in the last few years that he and his band mates follow their own paths to spirituality. In one interview I read, Scott Stapp said he'd never step foot in a church these days. That's not to say he isn't God-fearing, just not into religion, perhaps. I'm pretty sure he believes in God. Everyone interprets music and lyrics differently. That's the beauty of the music.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:55 PM   #35
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
and teri , bcause you've written to the proper channels, does that make you better, and your here supporting creed. thats your way.
No, it doesn't make me better. It makes me feel that I'm informing the people who may actually be able to DO something about the situation.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-03-2003, 06:20 AM   #36
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I feel that religion is a set of rules that society has placed on us.
I think people interpret the Bible in different ways and that creates religion. The band has made it very clear that you can interpret the lyrics however you want. If the spiritual side comes out to you in the music, so be it. People are gonna have different views on the lyrics, hence the other threads, but I feel that Teri and Dogstar were defending themselves from someone who was trying to bash the members of this board and the members of Creed. The bashing could be going on in several threads and we don't know the whole story, some people like to attack at all different angles, I think that if you don't know Teri or Dogstars intentions in their post, you should ask them before making judgements like someone thinks they are better or whatever. You can't put words in peoples mouths.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:01 AM   #37
creedfan
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
We left the hotel got lost as crap on the way there. It was NOT fun asking people for directions. We ended up eating and doing all kinds of stuff before we made it there. It was late before we got line. We were FAR BACK in line because it was so late. I wanted to be there real early. I had so many mean people give me directions to the show I was almost scared to start looking for people from the BB. People looked at me like I was an airhead or something everywhere that I went. Plus it was SOOOOOO cold and crappy and rainy. I was not used to that at all and I was in shock most of the time. Where did you end up inside the show? We weren't too far back. Did they let you park your truck up there? Were you as upset with the show as some of the others on here. It seems there are a lot of newbies posting about the show, to me they are over-reacting a bit. I mean, he was obviously drinking, but who doesn't. I am able to overlook it as an experience. It wasn't the best, but none of us have any idea what happened to him that night so I am just gonna move on. I so woulda loved to be in Philly though too.

You are so lucky to have met stereofuse.

I got to all-state around 2pm that day with about 2 gallons of hot coffee. As the sun got lower, it got colder! I couldn't feel my toes or my face eventually. The cops came to all-state during the day about 5 times warning all of us to not get rowdy or we're going to jail. They even had a paddy-wagon parked near us just in case. Rosemont cops are pricks.

I ended up about 10 feet from Tremonti. To be honest, since this was my first Creed concert, I was still impressed in many ways. Ok Scott was drunk..so freakin what? Thats how I looked at it. Don't get me wrong, I know he wasn't his best...but they'll be back.

I should of given you my cell number and I would of given you directions. When you ask people in Chicago for directions, they act like idiots sometimes.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, Creedfan, I thought the Philly cops were bad . We didn't get any threats from the cops, just security when it got close to getting in the doors. People started pushing forward and one guard screamed that no one would get in if the pushing didn't stop. We also lucked out on the weather. It could have been a lot colder and rainier. I think it got up to the high 40s and the sun was even out for a while. I know Chicago can get pretty cold. I'm glad you still managed to enjoy the show despite all the crap! And you're right. They will be back.

Hotforscott: Thank you and well said. You hit the nail on the head.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:53 PM   #39
creedfreak76
USER INFO »
Hey creedfan I think I was right behind you in line!!! You gave us a cup that you weren't using. I talked to you for a little while.

Anyways, I still love CREED and always will.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:18 PM   #40
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Creedfan and creedfreak 76, thanks for showing your support. It's nice to read some nice things about the show. I know Scott was messed up, but I'm glad you could see some positives out of so many negatives. Thank you!

Old 01-03-2003, 04:05 PM   #41
creedfan
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfreak76
Hey creedfan I think I was right behind you in line!!! You gave us a cup that you weren't using. I talked to you for a little while.

Anyways, I still love CREED and always will.

Yep that was me!! Cool, I know someone on this board!
Old 01-03-2003, 04:36 PM   #42
creedfreak76
USER INFO »
Your welcome TeriB. I am a die hard loyal CREED fan and will always be. I will admit that I was a little disappointed, but this was the first time I have ever had floor seats of the many times I have seen them and being on the rail and that close to them was well worth my money!!!

Yes Creedfan it was the coffee thing that I remembered you for! It is very cool to know someone on this board!!

ROCK ON CREED!!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 10:16 PM   #43
robo74
USER INFO »
I see alot of posts on this thread saying that people should be loyal, and people will make mistakes.. yada yada...
But some of these people posting said nothing about being at that show and I dont feel they can honestly voice there OPINION.
you may ask, "Rob, why is opinion in caps?". Simple, because thats all that we are trying to voice and vent here. The Creed concert pissed people off as well as hurt some dedicated fans.
Are we supposed to be forgetful and not say anything? Well im not, I want to voice my opinion. Im sorry if some of you felt attacked, I am sure creedfannomore? really didnt meant anything to personal, he/she just had a opinion to vent and probably felt attacked as well. No body knows where Creed or their people read, so why not vent on some boards on the net. Why not send some emails out to the official Creed site, why not notify some people so we can get a message accross to Scott, let him know how his loyal fans and investors are feeling. I know everyone on this board are prolly good people, but please be aware that us people who are unhappy need to vent!

Thanks
Rob
Old 01-03-2003, 10:20 PM   #44
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by robo74
<b>"Rob, why is opinion in caps?". &nbsp;Simple, because thats all that we are trying to voice and vent here. &nbsp;The Creed concert pissed people off as well as hurt some dedicated fans.</b>

We understand that. But can you understand that we cannot do anything about it here on this bb? And for those of us who did not have the misfortune of being there, maybe we can't understand just how pissed you are. But everyone converging on the bb with the same opinions and then attacking us for not understanding got really old really fast. Sorry.

Quote: Why not send some emails out to the official Creed site, why not notify some people so we can get a message accross to Scott, let him know how his loyal fans and investors are feeling. &nbsp;
This is my point.

Old 01-03-2003, 10:56 PM   #45
robo74
USER INFO »
We are sending emails and using boards such as these. within time ar vents will wear off, but for now we all need patience.
Rob