++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-31-2005, 11:47 PM   #46
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
after hearing his new songs isn't it obvious they were headed in different musical directions? mark wanted to be heavier and scott more mellow, and now I am glad they split, and thats okay!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #47
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I think all the right things are missing...mainly three ex-bandmates.

Yeh thats wat I said aswell, its true.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #48
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) after hearing his new songs isn't it obvious they were headed in different musical directions? mark wanted to be heavier and scott more mellow, and now I am glad they split, and thats okay!

yea, i agree with you here, it is obvious they wanted different things... it was time for them to split.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I think all the right things are missing...mainly three ex-bandmates.
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Yeh thats wat I said aswell, its true.

ok, i dunno what Mrprophetman thinks about creed getting back together, but i know, geletmote, you want creed to get back together... so i'm pretty baffled that you would agree with Mrprophetman on this... if you don't like tremo/flip/marshall then what difference would it make to you if they got back together?? you get the same thing from Stapp now...

one more thing, i've found the lyrics for SM over at PBF, but does anyone know where to get the lyrics for the full version of Fight Song?? not just the 2mins or whatever we've been given...
Old 11-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #49
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) so far we got "The Great Divide" which is My Sacrifice recycled... same verse. I couldn't tell that until I was told by someone who plays guitar 10,000 better than me.
True. The whole song sounds very "My Sacrifice"-ish.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #50
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: mark wanted to be heavier and scott more mellow

yet almost everyone that has heard it so far says how hard fight song is and how much they love it...go figure.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #51
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Fight Song is nothing compared to Metalingus, Watch Your Words, One Day Remains or Find The Real!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #52
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) yea, i agree with you here, it is obvious they wanted different things... it was time for them to split.

ok, i dunno what Mrprophetman thinks about creed getting back together, but i know, geletmote, you want creed to get back together... so i'm pretty baffled that you would agree with Mrprophetman on this... if you don't like tremo/flip/marshall then what difference would it make to you if they got back together?? you get the same thing from Stapp now...

one more thing, i've found the lyrics for SM over at PBF, but does anyone know where to get the lyrics for the full version of Fight Song?? not just the 2mins or whatever we've been given...

Dude youve got it wrong, Im a huge fan of TREMO, flip and marshall, I likes Stapp aswell, IM not on anyones side it might have sounded like I was on stapps but IM not i like them both , I love tremo for god sakes i play guitar his inspired me.. What Im saying is that I want what was originally together to get back together... Nothing beets the original(creed) over Ab and you can disagree all you want, but its true.. Its like having adidas runners, then goin and getting some cheap 2 stripe runners, not saying AB is cheap but thats my example..
Old 11-01-2005, 09:03 PM   #53
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i understand that geletmote, but it is true in my eye...i like ab more than creed.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:07 PM   #54
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) i understand that geletmote, but it is true in my eye...i like ab more than creed.

Change ur nickname then
Old 11-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #55
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Change ur nickname then
well... he has a reputation since the first Creed boards popped up, way before Alter Bridge was created. There's no need to change it since people know him as Creed7532.

And despite he likes AB better than Creed, it doesn't mean he dislikes Creed.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #56
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
i dunno... it just doesn't make sense to me that someone could like creed so much, but then when they split up only support one of the former members... and geletmote, if you were inspired by tremo while he was in creed i don't see why you wouldn't be inspired by him in alter bridge... if anything i'm inspired by him even more, now he's actually playing to his full potential... how can you be inspired by someone when they're not doing their best, but yet not be inspired when they are???

not trying to say tremo did a half-assed job in creed, it's just with creed he had to tone his stuff down to suit the music. he did an awesome job doing what needed to be done in creed, but he raised that bar with alter bridge.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 AM   #57
Creed7352
USER INFO »
are you insinuating that i don't like stapp but only ab? or were you referring to geletmote? cause i've said countless times that while i think stapp is an ass he was part of creed and creed was my favorite band for almost 10 years so of course i'll be listening to his stuff. anything i offer up on the songs is just honest opinion and reactions to hearing them on my part.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:38 AM   #58
Creed7352
USER INFO »
oh and marcos, thank you, yes i haven't changed my screen name because i've had this one for close to 10 years (while creed was a band) and not only do people know me by this moniker, but it's habitual to type it out and keeps things easier for me when i'm signing up for stuff and other bb's and such to just keep the same name. no changing of names on other bb's so people won't know it's me and i can post shit about a certain person...no, none of that coming from me. (i'm not saying you are geletmote, but there are others that do...and i'm sure they'll read this and that is what i'm going for.)
Old 11-02-2005, 04:47 AM   #59
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Relax guys! Gelemote was just making a joke! And I don't think anyone is trying to insult anybody...

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 AM   #60
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Relax guys! Gelemote was just making a joke! And I don't think anyone is trying to insult anybody...

yea, sorry if i offended anyone, i didn't mean to. And Creed7352, no, none of that was directed towards you, i know where you stand on creed... i was just talking to geletmote... and geletmote, i'm sorry if i pissed you off, i honestly did not mean to...