++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 06-29-2005, 08:15 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
what a stuffed up world

this made me so mad....

INDIA'S leading Muslim legal body has ordered a mother of five to separate from her husband and leave her village and children after she was allegedly raped by her father-in-law.

Imrana Ilahi (28) alleges that she was raped by Mohammed Ali (60) at her in-laws' home in rural Uttar Pradesh while her husband was away.

The village council ruled that she should divorce her husband, give up her children, who are aged seven to two, and become her father-in-law's second wife.

Local clerics backed the ruling, sparking a storm of protest.

Mrs Ilahi appealed to the All India Muslim Personal Law Board after it condemned the decision.

The board ruled on Monday that, although Mrs Ilahi should not have to marry her alleged attacker, she must be divorced from her husband and return to her parents' village.

Further, her husband should be given custody of their children.

"Imrana's conjugal relationship with her husband stood dissolved since she had been raped by the latter's blood relative," Begum Naseem Iqtader Ali, the lone female member of the board, said.

"Had she been raped by anyone other than a blood relation, she could have stayed with her husband . . . but here a sacred relationship has been violated, the consequences of which have to be borne by Imrana and her husband."

Other board members defended the decision, noting they had granted Mrs Ilahi permission to remarry outside the family - a somewhat theoretical decision given the likelihood of a divorced rape victim with five children finding another husband.

"Since there can be no peace and tranquility in that house and the husband-wife confidence is also lost, she will have to get married to a third person," AR Kureshi, the board's assistant general secretary, said.

"Physical contacts, whether good or bad, with her father-in-law have taken place, so she can neither stay with her husband or father-in-law. After an incident, suspicions will always remain as the mother-in-law is also in the house. We don't recommend such a household."

The women of Mrs Ilahi's village, which she left aged 14 as a child bride, are reported to be furious with the decision and have called for the father-in-law to be lynched.

He has been arrested by police and is in detention.

Mrs Ilahi's children remain at her in-laws' home. "Let the mullahs look after my children," she said. (© The Times, London)

so basically i know you got raped but your rapist's "punishment" will be to have you as his second wife whilst you lose your husband and your children. justice hey?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Religion. What can you do though? It governs their entire life.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-29-2005, 08:43 AM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
thats exactly right....i have christian beliefs but no religion should be there forcing their beliefs on people on a governmental level, at least to such an extent. our laws are LOOSELY based around the ten commandments for example but this is just insane. where is the justice for this poor woman? living in the dark ages in this part of india.......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
its a sight... my cousin just came back from india he took his youth group there ...and more minstry and evanglists are needed, over there to teach the love and mercy of the teachings of christ...i really dont think you can change thier dark aged ways over there...but the words of christ is needed for comfort and understanding...and hope of justice it in fact will be served, Thanks Mate For Posting...
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #5
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Thats messed up Thats pretty much making the victim look like she was the one that did wrong,when the father-in-law is the creep that should be forced to leave
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-30-2005, 06:59 AM   #6
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) its a sight... my cousin just came back from india he took his youth group there ...and more minstry and evanglists are needed, over there to teach the love and mercy of the teachings of christ...i really dont think you can change thier dark aged ways over there...but the words of christ is needed for comfort and understanding...and hope of justice it in fact will be served, Thanks Mate For Posting...

Wont this cause more problems . . . Cant fight religion with religion. Just wont work. Look at Indonesia, Christians and Muslims fighting all time.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Even though she was attacked, she is blamed and now has to pay even more dearly by losing her husband and children. I fucking hate the way women are treated.

Last edited by Dogstar : 07-02-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:14 AM   #8
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Man... thats TWISTED..
Sorta makes ya glad to live anywhere but there!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2005, 04:32 AM   #9
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
ahhh yes yet another side effect of religion how delightful (sarcasam) makes me gald to be an atheist