++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-18-2005, 05:20 AM   #61
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ^
This is the point! I mean, acting this way hes at least giving a good example specially for the young fans U2 has. And maybe he says too much about his socials activities, making it public, all right... but this is completely different from assuming an 'egoistical' position.

thats exactly why he's egoistical, hes trying all the time to portray himself as todays prophet, hes so much into it that hes completely under that impression himself, its a hallucination in a maturity stage well supervised by trained business men.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #62
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Denying Bono's ego is ridiculous. I mean, you can love the guy, but anyone who knows anything about U2 knows he has a head the size of mars.

And I am sick of him telling people to help the Third World when, with his money, he could BUY a freaking third world country. And with the ticket prices they have, thye could probably save every third world country on their own.

But that wasn't the point... I was just saying I don't particularly like Bono as a person but it doesn't make me dislike his music.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:47 AM   #63
Robin101
USER INFO »
Creed were the first band in history to have four #1 Rock Radio singles from a debut album. My Own Prison has sold 6 million to date.

Human Clay has sold more than 10 million copies - enough said.

Weathered sold more albums in its first week than any rock release of 2001. It set a record (joint) for the longest run at the top following a #1.

Creed came to prominence through radio play and live performances. It wasn't a label that put them on the map, they put Wind-Up on the map. It had nothing to do with MTV or any other forms of the media - it was simply down to the collective talents of the band.

All of this was achieved in the face of fierce criticism from the media, fellow bands and other music fans.

Creed may not have been known the world over or together for 20+ years, but their exploits won't be forgotten for a long time.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 11-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #64
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
^^^ By hardcore fans, no, but by the buying public, yes.

And yes, Bono is thoroughly annoying, but I love the music...

worship the music, not the musician
/jango
Old 11-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #65
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
No one here is worshiping the musician...just giving my opinion....cuz i think its easy of people to giving opinion...but not accepting the others...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-18-2005, 01:32 PM   #66
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) No one here is worshiping the musician...just giving my opinion....cuz i think its easy of people to giving opinion...but not accepting the others...

Anna,

at this forum if you support musicians and their mentalities your worshiping them, otherwise your not a fan. but for scott, worshiping him makes you just a fan of his music.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:10 PM   #67
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
[quote=Robin101]Creed were the first band in history to have four #1 Rock Radio singles from a debut album. My Own Prison has sold 6 million to date.

Human Clay has sold more than 10 million copies - enough said.

Weathered sold more albums in its first week than any rock release of 2001. It set a record (joint) for the longest run at the top following a #1.

Creed came to prominence through radio play and live performances. It wasn't a label that put them on the map, they put Wind-Up on the map. It had nothing to do with MTV or any other forms of the media - it was simply down to the collective talents of the band.

All of this was achieved in the face of fierce criticism from the media, fellow bands and other music fans.

I believe you are totally right and only the haters seem to deny creed's greatness...The facts are they ruled the rock scene during their run at the top and if they were to play together again would be just as succuessful because believe it or not people have not forgotten about creed...As far as artists collectively Stapp and tremonti were the best songwriting combo around period! Bono is a good frontman but his ego makes stap look like that of a nerd at a frat party....Also everyone seems to have forgotten about the fag stage U2 went through running around with faces painted immitating the village people..Creed never did that but people thought they went soft...U2 was a good band but they could not touch creed when it comes to talent...Tremonti is a way better guitarist than the edge and Stapp writes way better lyrics than bono althought bono has a better voice..Axl rose had to have one of the worst voices ever and guns and roses were great, why because axl wrote good music and slash kicked ass...Stapp is tremendously talented and I would choose him over any lead singer out there right now !
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 11-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #68
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) I believe you are totally right and only the haters seem to deny creed's greatness...

people obviously dig creed when they spend their valuable time here. no ones a hater. Its just that some people think about things and some dont when they say something.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #69
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) U2 was a good band but they could not touch creed when it comes to talent...Tremonti is a way better guitarist than the edge and Stapp writes way better lyrics than bono althought bono has a better voice..Axl rose had to have one of the worst voices ever and guns and roses were great, why because axl wrote good music and slash kicked ass...Stapp is tremendously talented and I would choose him over any lead singer out there right now !

So your implying that technically speaking creed were better musicians than U2? I find that hard to believe even though I cant relate to any U2 songs but creeds one of my fav. bands. But thats my personal oponion. Im sure technically speaking you cant compare U2 with creed.

Axl rose had an amazing voice, very unique, very high frequency. Sometimes you cant tell if its AXL singing or slash playing the guitar.

Just because you like creed songs alot that doesnt make them the best in what they do. Why in the world would you choose stapp over chris cornell?
Old 11-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #70
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Anna,

at this forum if you support musicians and their mentalities your worshiping them, otherwise your not a fan. but for scott, worshiping him makes you just a fan of his music.
ok... what???!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #71
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) ok... what???!!!

man dont make a big deal out of this one, its my impression. if you read the other thread Ive been told by numerous people that Im not a fan because I said in my oponion rockstars should not breed for the sake of the kid. I didnt know everyones a human rights activist here.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #72
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) man dont make a big deal out of this one, its my impression. if you read the other thread Ive been told by numerous people that Im not a fan because I said in my oponion rockstars should not breed for the sake of the kid. I didnt know everyones a human rights activist here.
but you basically said (correct me if I'm wrong) that supporting/ appreciating = worshipping?

and by worshipping Stapp it makes you a fan of his music? that's sick... sorry.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #73
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) but you basically said (correct me if I'm wrong) that supporting/ appreciating = worshipping?

and by worshipping Stapp it makes you a fan of his music? that's sick... sorry.

no man what i ment was that alot of people here are obsessed but only think of themselves as fans to the music while they apparently worship the dude, however if you go ahead and give a positive comment about any other musician they think you worship them.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:29 PM   #74
titan9
USER INFO »
A lot of people here aren't "obsessed" with the band members themselves. A lot of people are here simply because they enjoy discussing the music and not having to worry about being flamed for wanting to do so and for perhaps praising the music. If you go to any general music forum and discuss Creed, AB or Stapp, you'll run into a bunch of haters who will bash you for even saying that you like the music. Thus, it is much better to state your opinion at a fan site's BB. That way, you can most likely have an intelligent conversation regarding the music and not have to worry about haters. That's what make fan sites like these great.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #75
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) An admitted Stapp hater which means...? I also hate Kirt Cobain. A lot. Dead or not. But I don't think Nirvana will be forgotten as quickly as Creed.

Ever heard of a band called Oasis? Yeah so they came out with an album everyone adored, called What's the Story (Morning Glory)? Then, they came out with another album, Be Here Now. Be Here Now sold more albums than ANY pother Oasis album, because of course, it was the one RIGHT AFTER What's the story. But now if you go to fansites, message boards, whatnot, people hate it. Oasis fans hate it. Everyone hates it. So does the fact that it sold 7 or 8 million records make it good?

NO!

And besides by your guys amazing logic, Eminem is twice as big as Creed, since his album a couple years ago sold 16 million records

Noel Gallagher is the one who despises "Be Here Now" because he claims you you "really had to be there" in order to understand it (he also claims that the band was really drugged out during the recording process). Oasis is my favorite band... and Be Here Now isn't an album I hate. Listen to songs like "D'You Know What I Mean?" "Don't Go Away," and "Fade In-Out"... they are awesome songs.