++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-16-2005, 09:22 PM   #31
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
[quote=IamFilthy]
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) pj has 30,600,000 albums sold altogether...

how many albums did they release?....far more than Creed. If they really have sold 30,600,000 in their entire career with over twice as many albums released as Creed and Creed sold over 30,000,000 w/ only 3 studio albums,....then who really has had a greater impact? Actually, PJ has released over FOUR TIMES as many albums as Creed and there last one(Riot Act) sucked. At least Weathered was good. Do the math.

So yeah, albums sales STILL counts for nothing, but to argue the point anyway. The fact that PJ has totally spurned the mainstream and STILL managed to sell this many albums is crazy, whereas the ONLY reason Creed sold this many is because they TOTALLY sold out to the mainstream. But let's forget that.

Then we are left with this. Pearl Jam has managed to keep itself alive for a LONG time, never dying. Creed died FAST, like such acts tend to do. People burn out on those things with nothing behind to hodl them up.

And in any case album sales is about as good a measuring stick as.... umm...
Old 11-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy)
Are you serious? Creed have created music that will be classic rock years from now. They still, and will always, have a HUGE fan base for years to come.
Highly doubtful. You won't be hearing anything but My Own Prison (the song) and maybe With Arms Wide Open. Meanwhile, Zep, U2 and PJ get played still and still sell records. And Riot Act did not suck.

Quote: I think you're forgetting what kind of an impact Creed had when they burst onto the scene. Rock was dead(again) and radio was bombarded w/ pop and rap. Creed brought rock music back to the airwaves. And you are right, plenty of bands have sold plenty of records but they won't be remembered, b/c they have not created "timeless" music. Listen to Stapp's interview on Octane recently about creating "timeless" music. Oh, and about AB,...I couldn't agree w/ you more,....although I couln't even find three good songs on the travesty that is ODR.
I won't deny the impact, but they flamed out fairly quickly. Alice In Chains put out just three full-length albums (plus Unplugged) and they still sell because they progressed with each record and stayed with rock (they also put out some acoustic EPs). To me, Creed went pretty poppy after MOP. HC still had some hard stuff, but then Weathered, with the exception of the first two songs, was all soft stuff and far from timeless.

Oh, and as far as drawing power. The PJ show I went to sold out in 12 minutes. 20,000 tickets in 12 minutes.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:35 PM   #33
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) maybe they did have a bigger impact, but it's the totals that count...pj is a bigger band.

So if Limp Bizkit stayed around for 50 years(highly unlikely) and continued to make shit music, then they would have high album sales after 40 years, thus making them one of rock's biggest bands, right? God, I hope not! It all comes down to "quality" not " quantity"......PJ was finished after Vitalogy and continue to make mediocre music. Creed was solid.
I've been living a double life
Old 11-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #34
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Highly doubtful. You won't be hearing anything but My Own Prison (the song) and maybe With Arms Wide Open. Meanwhile, Zep, U2 and PJ get played still and still sell records. And Riot Act did not suck.

I won't deny the impact, but they flamed out fairly quickly. Alice In Chains put out just three full-length albums (plus Unplugged) and they still sell because they progressed with each record and stayed with rock (they also put out some acoustic EPs). To me, Creed went pretty poppy after MOP. HC still had some hard stuff, but then Weathered, with the exception of the first two songs, was all soft stuff and far from timeless.

Oh, and as far as drawing power. The PJ show I went to sold out in 12 minutes. 20,000 tickets in 12 minutes.

Flamed out quickly.?...weathered sold over a million in two days of release. Yeah, i guess people lost interest right? They just needed a new CD for a cup coaster. And what year was the PJ concert?....1992?
I've been living a double life
Old 11-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #35
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) So if Limp Bizkit stayed around for 50 years(highly unlikely) and continued to make shit music, then they would have high album sales after 40 years, thus making them one of rock's biggest bands, right? God, I hope not! It all comes down to "quality" not " quantity"......PJ was finished after Vitalogy and continue to make mediocre music. Creed was solid.

no, you're missing the point..it's what i said before PLUS the staying power that they have....creed didn't really have that.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:51 PM   #36
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Flamed out quickly.?...weathered sold over a million in two days of release. Yeah, i guess people lost interest right? They just needed a new CD for a cup coaster. And what year was the PJ concert?....1992?

great 2 days...cause people wanted more creed...found out that weathered was not that good...took it back to the store or a used store and got something else instead.

that is pretty much all of pj's concerts now...not 1992
Old 11-16-2005, 10:19 PM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) great 2 days...cause people wanted more creed...found out that weathered was not that good...took it back to the store or a used store and got something else instead.

that is pretty much all of pj's concerts now...not 1992
Exactly...This PJ show was last month. They have sold out every time they have come to my area and around my area.

By the end of the Weathered tour, Creed was playing to half-full arenas...such as the PSU show in Nov. 2002.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:32 PM   #38
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm not going to say much more on this whole discussion(I already said something back on page 2), but I will say this: it is a breath of fresh air to have someone on here who actually has valid points while defending Creed/Stapp. Kudos to IamFilthy for that.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #39
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) that was my conjecture...do you know what that is? knowing goneblind has NOTHING to do with it.

I thought conjecture and speculation weren't allowed here....oh, I forgot, only when it applies to Scott Stapp.

So, does that mean that you are psychic and can read the minds of Scott Stapp and his band? Oh....I'm having a vision!

Last edited by Mrprophetman : 11-16-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:32 PM   #40
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
A friend of mine hated Riot Act so much he just simply threw the CD in the trash.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:22 AM   #41
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Weathered was horrible. Even most Creed fans admit that.

Your Kidding right? Weathered kicked ass..Just because it wasn't as hard as human clay or my own prison....Actually Weathered was the most popular albums in 2001-2002 when it came out..Look it up....By the way Creed was one of the most successful bands of the 90 's rock era and if they got back together would blow people away for years to come with successful songs...Creed today is still better than half the garbage on the radio nowadays a few exceptions being audislave and disturbed maybe a couple of better ones but still creed would be right up there...I believe creed still has a huge fanbase and would still pump records out today...I guess we will wait for the other shoe to drop on alterbridge and maybe they will reunite..god I hope so!!
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 11-17-2005, 01:58 AM   #42
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I thought conjecture and speculation weren't allowed here....oh, I forgot, only when it applies to Scott Stapp.

So, does that mean that you are psychic and can read the minds of Scott Stapp and his band? Oh....I'm having a vision!

i don't think you read posts.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) A friend of mine hated Riot Act so much he just simply threw the CD in the trash.

all that shows is your friend didn't like riot act. so if your friend told you cows had wings and could fly, you'd believe him/her?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) By the way Creed was one of the most successful bands of the 90 's rock era

my point from the get go, not the most successful, but one of the most successful.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:03 AM   #43
Creed7352
USER INFO »
here, i'll save you the trouble...

taken from dictionary.com:

Quote: con·jec·ture

1. Inference or judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; guesswork.
2. A statement, opinion, or conclusion based on guesswork

my first post regarding this:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) my guess would be that they're happy...but that will change with time i think.

my second post regarding this:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) i think that will change with time because the lure of money will wear off and they'll not want to put up with his antics anymore.

my thoughts. you don't have to agree. i'm just explaining what i meant above.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:23 AM   #44
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Weathered was horrible. Even most Creed fans admit that.

Dude you have seriously lost your mind with that comment. Geez, what does it take for you to understand that not everyone shares your opinion??? Horrible?? You gotta be kiddin me, it's one of my faves. Man, it couldn't have been that bad, or it wouldn't have sold like it did. You can dispute the #'s all you want, and you can say that people were eager for more Creed, and say that that it was a sell-out cd, poppy, radio-friendly, overrated, and that sales don't mean quality, or lasting power, whatever, but dude...that cd was damn good. People liked it man, and you can't dispute that ever.

It was big, Creed was big...end of story. Besides, your an admitted Stapp hater, so I don't think you can give a completely unbiased opinion.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:30 AM   #45
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Does anyone know what GB thinks about working w/ Stapp? Have they been interviewed or anything? Their guitarist is definitely no Tremonti, but nonetheless I was impressed.

I'm very impressed as well. The music is awesome good, and it works. It's not overdone, overprocessed, or overpowering. And I'm thinking, that while Tremo is a good guitarist, the guitarist for Goneblind doesn't have to be like him.

I'm not sure if they have been interviewed or not. I've only heard a couple of them myself, so I'm of no help, lol.