++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think he meant that they were one of the most popular current(meaning not a broken up band) Rock bands at that time. I don't think he meant to compare them to greats like 'Zeppelin and the Beatles. From '99-'04, Creed was one of the top touring Rock bands in the World. Maybe not the top(wouldn't U2 hold that title?), but they were certainly ahead of bands like Nickelback, 3DD, Incubus etc.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:32 PM   #17
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) that's not what i meant...i was taking a jab at stapp cause him and his "followers" say "this is stapp solo..." all the time.

and i'm sure they're quite happy that they're working with him. i think that will change with time because the lure of money will wear off and they'll not want to put up with his antics anymore.

my thoughts. you don't have to agree. i'm just explaining what i meant above.

ETA: and he's not rock's leading vocalist.

So you personally know the guys from goneblind?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:42 PM   #18
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) umm....LOL no!

led zeppelin, the beatles, eric clapton, jimi hendrix, the doors...i could go on, were waaaaayyyyy more successful than creed. you're letting your adoration for creed get in the way. creed was my favorite band for nearly 10 years, and even i can admit they weren't the biggest rock band in the world.

Give me a break. The Rolling Stones have been around for 44 years. Thats quite a bit more time to sell a billion records. Creed was technically together for what...8 years. Also, keep in mind that was before the days of illegal downloading....or stealing as I refer to it. Back when all those bands released records, people had to buy them if they wanted to listen to them. They couldn't steal them off the internet. See back then records were made of vinyl.....no electronic version existed floating around somewhere on the digital superhighway.

You also have to take into consideration the proliferation of Hip Hop and Pop. Back when all those old timers were in their prime, rock ruled surpreme, cause it was a new genre. That's all people wanted to listen to.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #19
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I disagree,...they should feel privledged to work with rock's leading vocalist.......(no sarcasm detected)
Creed got tired of Stapp... The Tea Party got tired of Stapp... Who's to say the same thing won't happen with Goneblind?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-16-2005, 04:27 PM   #20
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Creed got tired of Stapp... The Tea Party got tired of Stapp... Who's to say the same thing won't happen with Goneblind?

I was imagining the same question...all this initial enchantement...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I was imagining the same question...all this initial enchantement...
Stapp was an awesome singer, but it's too bad he seems to be a real difficult guy to be around and work with.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-16-2005, 05:17 PM   #22
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) So you personally know the guys from goneblind?

that was my conjecture...do you know what that is? knowing goneblind has NOTHING to do with it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman)
Give me a break. The Rolling Stones have been around for 44 years. Thats quite a bit more time to sell a billion records. Creed was technically together for what...8 years. Also, keep in mind that was before the days of illegal downloading....or stealing as I refer to it. Back when all those bands released records, people had to buy them if they wanted to listen to them. They couldn't steal them off the internet. See back then records were made of vinyl.....no electronic version existed floating around somewhere on the digital superhighway.

i never said the rolling stones, yet they're one too. they've just put out a new record and i'm sure it's sold more than creed.

and i'm not stupid, i know what vinyl is...i have plenty of them. also, i listed newer bands that have been around with all this "stealing" and they're still more successful than creed.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) You also have to take into consideration the proliferation of Hip Hop and Pop. Back when all those old timers were in their prime, rock ruled surpreme, cause it was a new genre. That's all people wanted to listen to.

no i don't have to take that into consideration because rock was popular back then...hip hop and pop are popular now...it's all relative.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:18 PM   #23
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
i never said the rolling stones, yet they're one too. they've just put out a new record and i'm sure it's sold more than creed.

and i'm not stupid, i know what vinyl is...i have plenty of them. also, i listed newer bands that have been around with all this "stealing" and they're still more successful than creed.

The Rolling Stones' "A Bigger Bang" has only sold one million units since released. How long has it been out,...a month or two? "Weathered" passed a million in two days of release. Pearl Jam have been around for well over ten years, far more than Creed,...total album sales for them is 26 million. Whats Creed,...over 30 million,right...in what? Eight years, is it? With only three albums compared to like seven or eight by PJ. And Incubus? Come on. HA
I've been living a double life
Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 PM   #24
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
CREED was huge in their time
Old 11-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #25
Creed7352
USER INFO »
pj has 30,600,000 albums sold altogether...that's more than creed, and they're still together and will sell more...that's what he said, "biggest rock band in the world." creed isn't/wasn't=my point. doesn't matter how many more albums they have or how long they've been together...they've sold more albums, thus making them bigger than them. no? i see far more copies of Weathered in used cd stores than i do ANY pearl jam cd's.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:58 PM   #26
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
[quote=Creed7352]pj has 30,600,000 albums sold altogether...

how many albums did they release?....far more than Creed. If they really have sold 30,600,000 in their entire career with over twice as many albums released as Creed and Creed sold over 30,000,000 w/ only 3 studio albums,....then who really has had a greater impact? Actually, PJ has released over FOUR TIMES as many albums as Creed and there last one(Riot Act) sucked. At least Weathered was good. Do the math.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #27
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^Great point. Creed got you to listen once. Then never again. That's what the pop/rock industry is about. Catchy tunes that leave much to be desired.

Creed was big, no doubting that, but until someone introduced me to them, I had barely even heard of them. I mean, I knew Higher and With Arms Wide Open but had no serious knowledge of the band, mostly because those two songs turned me off, fast.

Album sales are really not important. If you want to go by the success of a band, see how many people they are raking in twenty years after they started. U2, Pearl Jam, bands like them are BIG. Creed was just another well oiled pop/rock machine. Very well oiled mind you, but that is what they were.

And a hundred years from now, U2 and Led Zeppelin will be remembered. Creed really hasn't--and won't--last.

That's not to say they weren't a decent band (well, heck, maybe it is, lol), but joking yourself into thinking they were what you are saying they are is a tad bit laughable. Bands ALWAYS seem bigger when you like them. For instance, I adored Alter Bridge when their album came out, and it seemed like they were really going places. Then, once I realized the album had three good songs, I realized... umm... no. In fact I realized they were barely a footnote in music, if that.

Just step back and take a look at the big picture. You know how many bands/rappers/"artists" have sold lots of records? A ton. How many will really be remembered? Not that many.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:00 PM   #28
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) At least Weathered was good.

Weathered was horrible. Even most Creed fans admit that.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:01 PM   #29
Creed7352
USER INFO »
maybe they did have a bigger impact, but it's the totals that count...pj is a bigger band.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:11 PM   #30
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
And a hundred years from now, U2 and Led Zeppelin will be remembered. Creed really hasn't--and won't--last.

Are you serious? Creed have created music that will be classic rock years from now. They still, and will always, have a HUGE fan base for years to come. I think you're forgetting what kind of an impact Creed had when they burst onto the scene. Rock was dead(again) and radio was bombarded w/ pop and rap. Creed brought rock music back to the airwaves. And you are right, plenty of bands have sold plenty of records but they won't be remembered, b/c they have not created "timeless" music. Listen to Stapp's interview on Octane recently about creating "timeless" music. Oh, and about AB,...I couldn't agree w/ you more,....although I couln't even find three good songs on the travesty that is ODR.
I've been living a double life