++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-02-2006, 11:05 AM   #31
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: If you could say one thing to him..

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I would tell him that what he choses to do in his personal life isn't any of my business... and that his music is the only thing that matters me.

Perhaps, but obviously his personal life does seem to be of some interest to you as well as others, otherwise you wouldn't be viewing and adding to these posts.

A poster mentioned to try not to be like Elvis; I think he's trying to be more like Jim Morrison. I don't know if I would say anything to him. What hasn't been said to him already? I'm certain that what we are all thinking has been mentioned to him at some point. At first I felt a bit sorry for the guy, but at the same time we are responsible for the choices we make. I'm sure people tried helping him, but it is up to him to find his way. He has to want it in order to change. I think the reason why we speculate on his life is because he is a prime example of what not to become. For those of you who are religious, how many of the 7 sins does Stapp already carry? Lust, Anger, Envy, Pride. I am a simple person and look at things as they truly are. I'm not perfect, yet I am aware of the wrong I have done and do not preach what I myself don't follow.

Who does he respect? Does he respect anyone? How can he when he doesn't respect himself.

Last edited by J-Man : 03-02-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #32
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HigherGirl) I would say:

"So the Chicago show I paid $600 for was true...you were drunk..."

Sorry to dig that topic up, But hey, lets look at the mans track record lately where booze is concerned...
if you paid that much you are the fool!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #33
Agent D
USER INFO »

I'd tell him to get his act together and that his solo album did disappoint me. But I'd also tell him that I'll always cherish his work with Creed.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #34
stappissohot
USER INFO »

Lol if I could say one thing to him it would be the following
"Get your act together man, do what's best for you and your son. I'm sure your son doesn't want to find his daddy lying dead on the floor with a bottle of booze in one hand and pain killers in another, what kind of images do you want in his head
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 03-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #35
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) its proly his most famus qoute. he said it in his sex tape.

eye dink ittt mey b hiz bestest...
Old 03-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #36
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Perhaps, but obviously his personal life does seem to be of some interest to you as well as others, otherwise you wouldn't be viewing and adding to these posts.

A poster mentioned to try not to be like Elvis; I think he's trying to be more like Jim Morrison. I don't know if I would say anything to him. What hasn't been said to him already? I'm certain that what we are all thinking has been mentioned to him at some point. At first I felt a bit sorry for the guy, but at the same time we are responsible for the choices we make. I'm sure people tried helping him, but it is up to him to find his way. He has to want it in order to change. I think the reason why we speculate on his life is because he is a prime example of what not to become. For those of you who are religious, how many of the 7 sins does Stapp already carry? Lust, Anger, Envy, Pride. I am a simple person and look at things as they truly are. I'm not perfect, yet I am aware of the wrong I have done and do not preach what I myself don't follow.

Who does he respect? Does he respect anyone? How can he when he doesn't respect himself.

Okay, then don't become him. The only difference between Stapp a lot of average people is the guy is a celebrity. That's about it. Most men have experienced lust, anger, envy, and pride. You just like the fact that the guy is a struggling Christian. Stapp represents a lot of people. A lot of Christians go through stuff like this all the time. If you like gossip so much... then go read a paparazzi magazine. A simple person wouldn't be so preoccupied with someone else's life.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #37
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Okay, then don't become him. The only difference between Stapp a lot of average people is the guy is a celebrity. That's about it. Most men have experienced lust, anger, envy, and pride. You just like the fact that the guy is a struggling Christian. Stapp represents a lot of people. A lot of Christians go through stuff like this all the time. If you like gossip so much... then go read a paparazzi magazine. A simple person wouldn't be so preoccupied with someone else's life.

I like the fact that he's a struggling Christian? So you know me and that's why you can make such a statement? How about a lot of PEOPLE go through stuff like that? He's a man plain and simple, he's human and just because he's well known doesn't make him superhuman. He chose to lead the life that he does on his own. He most certainly doesn't represent me, I represent myself - I am not a follower. You say I like gossip? Well how about I tell you I like to analyze things and try to understand why people do what they do. I also find it quite amusing how someone who is on a gossipy forum will turn around and say I enjoy gossip. I guess you come on here to check the weather? If you are interested in the man's music, then his CD should be enough, yet you are on here reading .... oh what should I call it? GOSSIP.

It's sad that he and others are alcoholics. It's not something to laugh at. He's got it better off than most don't you think? He has the resources to get cleaned up unlike those who don't have much. He is a man who is responsible for how he behaves. We are all responsible in how we choose to live and behave, don't you think?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #38
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) eye dink ittt mey b hiz bestest...
same here.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #39
RMadd
USER INFO »

i'd like to tell him to get his act together, to stop being such a douche in public (getting drunk, getting in fights, etc.), and to try and live up to what he's preached since he was in Creed.... but something tells me he just wouldn't care what anyone else has to say to him... he seems too stuck up to take anyone else's advice about what he should do with his life seriously.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #40
HigherGirl
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) if you paid that much you are the fool!

true...I paid too much, But I was die-hard Creed, and the rumors were already swirling around they were going to break up, I had to see 'em one last time...I had a bad feeling.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #41
facelessmike
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) IT's GOOD TO BE THE KING

Either that or I'd make kickboxer moves while screaming hi-ya!

Seriously, I'd probably end up saying something simple like ... I'm a huge fan, I love his music, and wish him the best - hopefully I'll get that chance at the upcoming show.

Before I met AB, I wondered the same thing, and said something very similar. It's weird...you can have a bunch of thoughts, but when you're in the moment, something basic tends to come out.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #42
facelessmike
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i'd like to tell him to get his act together, to stop being such a douche in public (getting drunk, getting in fights, etc.), and to try and live up to what he's preached since he was in Creed.... but something tells me he just wouldn't care what anyone else has to say to him... he seems too stuck up to take anyone else's advice about what he should do with his life seriously.

I'd like to tell him the very same things - but when it comes down to it, I wouldn't. I would not want countless total strangers constantly telling me how to improve my life.

Last edited by facelessmike : 03-02-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #43
ABYanks
USER INFO »

I agree with you in some ways mike, but when the things he does are so..idk.. negative maybe a few ppl telling him to shape up won't hurt