++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #16
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah problably, you and me wouldn't know of each other!

that's true...as I wasn't a Creed fan, and I didn't know about Brett Hestla at the time, I might have been slow to find AB if Brett had been singing...
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #17
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I guess it's no secret, Myles got you into AB in the first place!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #18
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I guess it's no secret, Myles got you into AB in the first place!

you're quite correct, man...oh, and to bring it back to Brett, word around the campfire is that Brett was actually one of the people that suggested to Mark that he should look up Myles...Brett is a fan as well...
Old 12-05-2005, 09:54 PM   #19
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) you're quite correct, man...oh, and to bring it back to Brett, word around the campfire is that Brett was actually one of the people that suggested to Mark that he should look up Myles...Brett is a fan as well...

wat camfire
Old 12-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #20
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) wat camfire

just another way of saying "word is"...
Old 12-15-2005, 09:23 PM   #21
Lupe4Myles
USER INFO »
Re: Brett Hestla

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) um, well, any of the Virgos albums, the Devine album, or his new band Dark New Day's album...truth is, he's the best singer that Creed ever had...too bad he wasn't singing for them...

^^^^ Yeah that!! Brett is simply amazing. I've just about worn out my DnD cd. Plus, him being a big fan of Myles rules!
Old 12-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #22
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) yes, Mark called him after "Stapp lost his mind"...

Yup...when Brett was actually talking to his wife about the prospect of singing again, he told her that it would have to be the Still Rain guys (a band that came on the scene in 1993, which featured Clint on guitar, Troy on guitar, and Corey on bass...also featured a singer that sounded a LOT like Stapp sounds at times, but a full four years before MOP) with Will Hunt on drums...Dark New Day is one of the tightest live bands I've ever seen, and Will is one of the best live drummers I've ever seen...right up there with Mike Portnoy and Neal Peart...

As good as Mike portnoy or Neal Peart? Really, that dam good? I must check these guys out.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:01 AM   #23
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

well, as entertaining...I haven't heard enough of him to assess his technical ability, but, like Portnoy, he's fantastic at throwing energy to the crowd...very interactive...
Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #24
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Is he really THAT good? I mean, it doesn't really show in the album. He just seems like a normal rock drummer to me. I think Flip shines more on ODR than Will does on Twelve Year Silence.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-17-2005, 01:49 AM   #25
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Is he really THAT good? I mean, it doesn't really show in the album. He just seems like a normal rock drummer to me. I think Flip shines more on ODR than Will does on Twelve Year Silence.

well, Will is doing a lot of subtle stuff that you don't hear in a lot of drummers...he's a drummer with flourish, and isn't as committed to the snare as most conventional drummers are...he's more of a cross between Keith Moon and John Bonham...Flip is more of the Bonham school...but, yeah, for example, the DND song "Lean", listen to the part before the second chorus, where Will hits the bell at the top of the ride cymbal (I believe that's what it's called) twice (three clicks each time) to go along with what Clint and Troy are doing on the guitar...also on "Lean", listen to how he keeps adding to the beat as the song is about to end...he does a lot of stuff with the cymbals and the drums other than the snare...now, Flip adds flourish occasionally, such as in the intro to "Metalingus"...the moment when he hits that bell ONCE really sticks out to me, but, again, Flip is more concerned with laying the beat down...Will is good at laying the beat down, but adding the flourishes that are his signature...I could name some more examples of Will doing that on TYS, but I'm so tired...LOL...speaking of Will Hunt, I finally picked up the second Skrape cd, and, if you like DnD, pick that up...it sounds a LOT like DnD...one of the things that makes DnD so great is that they have five songwriters on board, as Will was responsible for a large portion of the writing for Skrape, Brett with the Virgos, Clint with Sevendust, Troy with Doubledrive, and, I assuming, Corey with Stuck Mojo and/or Stereomud...
Old 12-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #26
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) um, well, any of the Virgos albums, the Devine album, or his new band Dark New Day's album...truth is, he's the best singer that Creed ever had...too bad he wasn't singing for them...

lol brett as a very weak voice Scott Stapp is a million times the vocalist and songwriter Brett will ever bee
Old 12-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #27
Vliegs
USER INFO »

I believe that is your opinion rather than the actual facts of the matter.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:14 PM   #28
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) Clint with Sevendust.
Yeah, what's up with that? Was the replaced or kicked out of the band?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #29
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) lol brett as a very weak voice Scott Stapp is a million times the vocalist and songwriter Brett will ever bee

yeah, he was doing stuff with the Devine that Stapp has NEVER done and CAN'T do...but, eh, if you just like Stapp's voice better, that's you...

and, Lith, Clint left the band because he wanted to do DnD more...
Old 12-18-2005, 08:11 AM   #30
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) lol brett as a very weak voice Scott Stapp is a million times the vocalist and songwriter Brett will ever bee
Come on, honestly... If you like Stapp's voice better, fine... But if you listen to The Great Divide you will notice Stapp's voice i fragile. I mean, he doesn't even hit the notes on Reach Out, and that is VERY bad! It's bad if you can't do it live, but in a studio you can do it over and over again until it sounds good. But obviously Stapp couldn't. I hate to admit it, but it's ture... During most of the Weathered tour, Brett was the best vocalist in Creed.

And Brett has procuded a lot of bands, and is an amazing songwriter. It took 3 frickin' years for Stapp to write 11 songs, (included Relearn Love. And I know you're gonna go: "Stapp was sick", and that's a pretty good excuse. But he ain't better than Brett. It's like comparing Oasis to Beatles. You just know Beatles were better!)

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor