++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Isn't it ironic?!

Sorry, I know I may open a can of worms here but I couldn't resist and I'll post this.

Find below a quote on Fred Durst:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp) Hes an asshole; he's burned a lot of bridges. Nobody likes him. I mean, his guitarist left the band because Fred is such a cock.

funny how things change, huh?

PS: I don't mean to bash Stapp but I thought this was too ironic. Got it from mt.net board.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
He Is One.. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, that IS pretty funny. Especially if what is said about Stapp is true. I'm not going to say it is or it isn't, but if it is, that's pretty ironic, lol!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Sorry, I know I may open a can of worms here but I couldn't resist and I'll post this.

Find below a quote on Fred Durst:

funny how things change, huh?

PS: I don't mean to bash Stapp but I thought this was too ironic. Got it from mt.net board.

Yes you do... if you didn't want to take the time to bash Stapp then you wouldn't have started this thread. Let's all praise the three saints in Alter Bridge and crucify Stapp over and over again. This is getting old.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I have no reason whatsoever to bash him. I'm a fan of Stapp the musician, period.

I'm just saying we all should watch our words. If 10 years from now Creed gets back together, I'll be the first to post Mark's quotes like "not even for a million dollars"...
Old 04-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Yes you do... if you didn't want to take the time to bash Stapp then you wouldn't have started this thread. Let's all praise the three saints in Alter Bridge and crucify Stapp over and over again. This is getting old.

You are definitely correct. Stapp lovers' martyr (sp?) speeches are quite old indeed. This is hilarious. Eating one's words is funny, no matter who it is. Now laugh or go back to your little Stapp alter. lol, jk. Don't mean to get nasty.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You are definitely correct. Stapp lovers' martyr (sp?) speeches are quite old indeed. This is hilarious. Eating one's words is funny, no matter who it is. Now laugh or go back to your little Stapp alter. lol, jk. Don't mean to get nasty.

Stapp altar? I don't have a Stapp altar. All I'm saying is that both sides are guilty of the demise of Creed. I like Alter Bridge and Stapp. I also think that all of them could have prevented the break up of Creed... so why don't you stop trying make it sound like you can only like one or the other.

Last edited by Chase : 04-12-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #8
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Stapp altar? I don't have a Stapp altar. All I'm saying is that both sides are guilty of the demise of Creed. I like Alter Bridge and Stapp. I also think that all of them could have prevented the break up of Creed... so why don't you stop trying make it sound like you can only like one or the other.

we have factions here at creedfeed, its a bad way to live, but eh, some people make it outta the ghetto alive

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #9
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I did not come into this thread intending to bash Stapp. I try to refrain from that on Stapp's section. I thought the thread was hilarious, and was trying to get YOU to lighten up, clearly I failed. The Stapp altar was obviously intended to be humorous, I meant no ill-will.

You claim all you wanted to do was say that all sides were responsible for the break up of Creed?

Quote: Yes you do... if you didn't want to take the time to bash Stapp then you wouldn't have started this thread. Let's all praise the three saints in Alter Bridge and crucify Stapp over and over again. This is getting old.

That has nothing to do with saying that all sides are culpable, it has to do with defending Stapp when he was clearly eating his words. And even if BoC WAS Stapp bashing (which he wasn't), it was clearly intended merely for humorous purposes alone. If he wanted to bash Stapp, there are a LOT of better ways to do it.

And also, it is (as I have said many times before) quite easy to like both Stapp and AB musically. (Well, not THAT easy since Stapp hasn't released anything, but you know what I mean). However, from a standpoint of "who is the biggest jerk?", you can't like both. Tremo obviously can't stand Stapp, and Stapp apparently is either lying about Tremo, or Tremo is lying about Stapp lying. There is bad blood, plain and simple. Someone was responsible, someone was culpible.

That has NOTHING to do with their music and I will very rarely hold someone's alleged personality agaisnt them in the case of their music. I will not do so in THIS case. But Stapp clearly has problems, and poking fun at them is no big deal. Funny, actually.

If you want to go to the AB board and bring in something funny about AB that might happen to be degrading... Go ahead! I'll probably laugh. Unfortunately AB has not done much to give anyone a reason to dislike them, unlike Stapp who definitely HAS. So you can see it as everyone ganging up on Stapp without a reason, or you can take the joke, move on, and live with it, without going in an uproar because someone insulted Stapp.

For heaven's sake, YOU brought AB into this. There was no Alter Bridge praising when you said "let's all praise alter bridge". BoC didn't say "look at how much of an idiot Stapp is, thank goodness AB isn't this dumb". And yet you acted like he did.

Take a joke, man, take a joke.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:31 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) we have factions here at creedfeed, its a bad way to live, but eh, some people make it outta the ghetto alive
LMAO!!!

I DO find it ironic that he made those comments. I also see the humor and I agree others need to lighten up or we be bustin' a cap on yo asses.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah that! ^

thanks!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) LMAO!!!

I DO find it ironic that he made those comments. I also see the humor and I agree others need to lighten up or we be bustin' a cap on yo asses.
Hahaha, right on...
Old 04-13-2005, 01:09 AM   #13
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
its like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you're already late....ohhh..nm

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-13-2005, 01:10 AM   #14
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
oh, wasnt that article out of Stuff magazine, the one with Pink on the cover?

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-13-2005, 01:16 AM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I have no reason whatsoever to bash him. I'm a fan of Stapp the musician, period.

I'm just saying we all should watch our words. If 10 years from now Creed gets back together, I'll be the first to post Mark's quotes like "not even for a million dollars"...
Watch your words
Or your words might drown you
And cure my wounds
And the light will blind you

To truly see well
You must have faith
Oh the righteous they can't wait
A saving grace
That we all know
Let us pray
Let us hold on

[CHORUS]