++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #16
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Re: who cares about chart positions?

I second that emotion.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) If you don't know how many albums Nickelback have sold then why state that they've doubled Creed's figures? Also in your last paragraph you say Nickelback have sold about as many albums as Creed, but once again, why did you say they doubled Creed's figures in your first post?

Oh, and they've actually released 8 albums.

Hesher
Curb
The State
Silver Side Up
The Long Road
Three Sided Coin
All The Right Reasons
Dark Horse

why is it hesher and three sided coin are not listed in their album discography? hesher had like 10,000 copies made and its almost impossible to find it anywhere. that doesn't matter what demos they put out or whatever the point of the argument was that nickelback have sold about just as many albums as creed and you can't count some EP or demo bullshit that they recorded 5 years before they became famous into their sales, its not even for sale anywhere.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #18
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

* The best-selling album of 2000 was No Strings Attached, by *NSYNC.[41]
* The best-selling album of 2001 was Hybrid Theory, by Linkin Park.[41]
* The best-selling album of 2002 was The Eminem Show, by Eminem.[42]
* The best-selling album of 2003 was Get Rich or Die Tryin', by 50 Cent.[43]
* The best-selling album of 2004 was Confessions, by Usher.[44]
* The best-selling album of 2005 was The Emancipation of Mimi, by Mariah Carey.[39]
* The best-selling album of 2006 was High School Musical Soundtrack.[38]
* The best-selling album of 2007 was Noel, by Josh Groban.[45]
* The best-selling album of 2008 was Tha Carter III, by Lil Wayne.[46]

i rest my case.. garbage.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #19
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) why is it hesher and three sided coin are not listed in their album discography? hesher had like 10,000 copies made and its almost impossible to find it anywhere. that doesn't matter what demos they put out or whatever the point of the argument was that nickelback have sold about just as many albums as creed and you can't count some EP or demo bullshit that they recorded 5 years before they became famous into their sales, its not even for sale anywhere.

Hesher was an album made back in '96, it sold... So I guess that counts towards sales?

Three Sided Coin is a greatist hits CD released in Japan, it sold.. So I guess that also counts towards sales?

Also 5 million albums is a pretty big difference. In your second post (I think it was) you said they sold twice as many... You don't seem very informed..
Old 10-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #20
Prog
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Prog Send a message via MSN to Prog Send a message via Yahoo to Prog

Are we seriously talking about Nickelback? Seriously?

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1792877
Old 10-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #21
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

The most damning evidence against Nickelback is this infamous clip: http://musicforants.com/assets/vs/Ho...%20Someday.mp3
Old 10-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #22
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) The most damning evidence against Nickelback is this infamous clip: http://musicforants.com/assets/vs/Ho...%20Someday.mp3

yeah that is just terrible... someone did that with a few linkin park songs once too.. its just mass produced crap, most bands follow a formula with their music but not down to every last second.

and yes prog... we are talking about nickelback... why the hell not? there is nothing else to talk about on this board no one ever posts. i was using nickelback as an example for my point and somehow we kept talking about how awful they are.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #23
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) there is nothing else to talk about on this board no one ever posts.
Wow, you should have been around when creed wasn't back. This place was dead. It only had a few loyal posters. Now there is a lot more people and a lot more discussion going on compared to before.

Im sure there will be even more to talk about in the weeks to come!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:49 AM   #24
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) The most damning evidence against Nickelback is this infamous clip: http://musicforants.com/assets/vs/Ho...%20Someday.mp3

With respect, I don't understand how putting two songs together which sound the same that big of a deal...

There are alot of other Nickelback songs, and i'm sure I could do that with Creed a few times, infact i'm sure ALOT of bands have two songs that sound the same.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #25
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) Hesher was an album made back in '96, it sold... So I guess that counts towards sales?

Three Sided Coin is a greatist hits CD released in Japan, it sold.. So I guess that also counts towards sales?

Also 5 million albums is a pretty big difference. In your second post (I think it was) you said they sold twice as many... You don't seem very informed..

i dont seem very informed? i dont think you seem very well read... if you read my original post i obviously wasn't saying that nickelback has sold twice as many albums as creed... i was talking about how their new song "overcome" is doing well but at the same time nickelback is probably selling twice as many albums RIGHT NOW... lets see what happens with "full circle" i doubt itll sell half of nickelbacks latest album has.

i was obviously exaggerating anyway and you took it way to seriously. a greatest hits cd sold in japan? why the hell would that count that album isn't even on wikipedia under their discography... and hesher sold 10,000 copies total, then the production was cut, so no i dont consider that to count when were talking ten's of millions of albums sold... like i said chad kroeger has actually tried to get that album off of shelves because hes "ashamed" of it... i dont know why maybe because it actually has some creativity?

point being, nickelback sold a shit load of records with 4 shitty albums, just like creed sold a shit load of records with 3 albums that were WAYYY better than nickelback... so record sales mean nothing. High school musical sold the most records a few years ago.... your gonna tell me that was the best album of that year... im pretty sure TOOL and Radiohead had an album out that year.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

It should also be noted in that mash up, not that it really makes it any better, that when Someday was overlapped it was sped up almost 1/3 faster and the key was raised so that it could match how you remind me.

So all is not as it seems. I'm sure you could do that with almost any band if you slowed things down/sped things up and changed the key.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #27
Agent D
USER INFO »

Haha this guy finally begins a thread with a very well-thought out post and everyone jumps on him for his lack of Nickelback knowledge.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #28
creve
USER INFO »

Whichever way you look at it, that Nickelback clip is amazing. They literally took their own song and copied it. If they could sue themselves, they probably would've been able to.

But then again a lot of successful rock bands do it. I remember when My Sacrifice came out a lot of people were saying that it's like Higher part. 2 in the structure and the way it sounds, but I really disagree with that.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #29
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Haha this guy finally begins a thread with a very well-thought out post and everyone jumps on him for his lack of Nickelback knowledge.
i know it good posting does not grow on trees and i love all of our posters who takes their time and efford here :ya,all it happens so all i say is peace be wit us post on avoid kidney punches to each other
Old 10-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #30
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

In point of fact:

My sacrifice, To Whom It May Concern, and Broken Wings all have the same EXACT chords for the chorus.

Someday and How You Remind Me are in different keys and tempo, the clip just speeds Someday up and raises the key to MAKE it match how you remind me.

My Sacrifice, To Whom It May Concern, and Broken Wings are in different tunings on guitar, but all the choruses are the exact same chords in the exact same keys.

Just playing devil's advocate on this one.
Closed Thread