++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-17-2003, 08:00 PM   #46
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
if its merely promo stuff for the label why would any member of the band need to be there? why would Wind-Up go to such expense merely to advertise their label which is quite small but still well known? It makes more sense that it was something for one of the members of Creed or the whole band such as the DVD.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:02 PM   #47
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
My guess is because Creed are still with Wind-Up and there is a supposed anthology coming out. It could go toward an ad or something for the anthology. I don't think it has anything to do with anything new. The DVD isn't coming out the last we all heard.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:19 PM   #48
hide
USER INFO »
it could be something for the anthology but why go to such expense for that? wouldn't a more basic ad suffice?
Old 12-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #49
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Maybe they wanted some fresh footage. And if they were shooting Big Dismal, why not get some other labelmates, especially one as popular as Creed, in on it?
Old 12-17-2003, 08:51 PM   #50
hide
USER INFO »
that is too but it sounds too elablorate to be something as simple as footage for an ad for the anthology. If it is an ad for the anthology it probably means it is coming out earlier then expected.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:56 PM   #51
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't know. Why not get some extra footage? They were already set up for Big Dismal. I don't think it would have added that much more expense. To me it's like killing two birds with one stone. If they knew they were going to do this, why not get it done in one shot rather than have separate ones?
Old 12-18-2003, 05:22 AM   #52
zhoya
USER INFO »
This is what happens when a writer doesn't understand the facts well enough to write a piece about it. The two shoots were entirely unrelated, with the exception of a shared producer. At least that's what I understood from the email reply I got from Norwood Cheek, the director of the Big Dismal video. He wasn't even aware Creed footage had been filmed.

As for Stapp's solo album, I wasn't expecting to see anything anytime soon but check out this news snippet.

Quote: New Creed
2003-11-20

It's been two years since Creed released their last album, "Weathered", which has sold more than six million copies.

But the rockers plan to return in 2004, with a new album collecting their hits, some previously unreleased material and some new songs.

Singer Scott Stapp is also working on a solo album.

"Scott's solo set will probably come out before the new Creed album," a label source says.

It's at this site http://www.planetrock.com.au/index.php
which is in Flash so I couldn't get the page link. Follow the links: Rock Gods | Creed | News

I guess we'll find out when we find out.