++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2002, 03:12 AM   #16
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hi you nutty women! Great reviews Teri and LuvScott, and ditto on that comment DS about the positive power of music and the example of this friendship. What a super time we had - and that positive Creed energy was spread to all the folks we met - even the ones that seemed cranky or 'dead' at first! I confess I was worried till the final end, about our getting to the rail - it was too good to be true! And, in my three Creed pit experiences, I have never seen that rough of crowd - at least a dozen people were carried out during Bullets! And, more later - they just kept pushing, pushing - I have a few souvenir bruises, but it was worth it all! One and WGMB always gets the crowd up! I did miss DSD. The energy and connection the band brings out in a crowd is unbelievable, they really are much more than just concerts, more like a Creed-ival, and that sense of revitalization will carry me on for awhile! Rocking on from Ft Wayne after having a blast with my Four CF Friends!
Old 11-14-2002, 03:50 AM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Old 11-14-2002, 09:59 PM   #18
JenRN
USER INFO »
A Creed revival.... good way of describing the concert Souldancer!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-14-2002, 10:15 PM   #19
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
I have never seen that rough of crowd - at least a dozen people were carried out during Bullets!  And, more later - they just kept pushing, pushing - I have a few souvenir bruises, but it was worth it all
I never expected to see so many people carried up and over the rail. I knew it would be dangerous running the risk of being squished up against the rail, but I never imagined I'd get kicked in the head by a stray foot attached to a body being lifted over my head. Scary but worth it!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-15-2002, 03:23 AM   #20
souldancer
USER INFO »
I was surprised too - just comparing it to the other pits. And, and maybe I was naive (stereotyping) and assuming that a conservative, midwestern venue would be mellow! HA! I grew up on a farm, I guess I should know how we country foks can get! Seriously, it was fine, ONLY because we were on the rail, otherwise - YIKES...
Old 11-15-2002, 09:49 AM   #21
JenRN
USER INFO »
The 2 times I was in the pit, there were several people pulled over the rail, either drunk or injured from the crowd! There was this woman probably around 50 pulled over the rail passed out right when Scott was at the end of the catwalk and the look on his face was PRICELESS , I can only imagine what was going through his head! She was not at the most complimentry state in her evening! I came home with scrapes on my legs and still have scars to remind me of my pit experiences!!! Would not trade them for anything!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #22
allison
USER INFO »
Wow, I had no idea that a Creed pit could be so rough! Why were those people pulled over the rail, SD? The pits I have been in have been relatively mellow. The only people pulled over the rail that I saw were girls that had passed out. Oh, and one guy they removed for being drunk and trying to start fights, but luckily that was before Creed came on.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #23
JenRN
USER INFO »
Allison ... you may not remember but in Richmond there were 3 people pulled over the rail!!! I guess where I was I saw everything and if you were in front of Mark you would have to look behind you to see it all happen!! But that one woman was pulled over the rail at the catwalk because she was soooo drunk and literally passed out, then 2 people were pulled out later due to starting fights about getting closer to the rail. It got a little rowdy for sure!!!!! Me I was in a trance.... Thinking one thing only "why the hell does he have to be only an arms length away?" I felt like it was a conspiracy!!! but of course I understand people would be pulling him in the crowd if he was too close. The pit in DC was not as rowdy, but some people next to me were fornicating i don't think the security guard had a clue!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-15-2002, 05:29 PM   #24
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't know why our pit was filled with people needing to be taken out. But as soon as the first song started, bodies seem to be flying. (No moshing) But just people who were probably too smooshed, too claustrophobic. One of the guys who was in line behind us all day had that problem. David and Derrick were with us all day and once the show started they were at the end of the catwalk. Close to the end, Derrick started feeling a little faint and a bit claustrophobic and had to go over the rail. I don't think there were any actual fights (of course, it was hard for me to tell since I was staring at Scott and Mark all night). But it was pretty rough. One possible reason is the the whole place was GA, and the pit was the whole floor, maybe it was too many people pressing in on them. I wasn't bothered. I was in heaven. Yes, I have the bruises, but I look at them as souveniers.

Old 11-16-2002, 03:18 AM   #25
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by allison
 Why were those people pulled over the rail, SD?  The pits I have been in have been relatively mellow.  
Teri told the story well! It was a surprise! Yeah, the look on their faces was shock, fear, exhaustion. A few guys were hauled out too. That mass energy defn. increases when Creed comes on, esp. songs like MOP - you can feel it - and multiply it by all those bodies on the floor. Whew! Won't keep me from going for Sac rail though. Like Jen said, the little bodily pain is worth it all!
Old 11-18-2002, 02:53 PM   #26
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Allison ... you may not remember but in Richmond there were 3 people pulled over the rail!!! &nbsp;I guess where I was I saw everything and if you were in front of Mark you would have to look behind you to see it all happen!! &nbsp;But that one woman was pulled over the rail at the catwalk because she was soooo drunk and literally passed out, then 2 people were pulled out later due to starting fights about getting closer to the rail. &nbsp;It got a little rowdy for sure!!!!! &nbsp;Me I was in a trance.... &nbsp; Thinking one thing only "why the hell does he have to be only an arms length away?" &nbsp;I felt like it was a conspiracy!!! &nbsp;but of course I understand people would be pulling him in the crowd if he was too close. &nbsp;The pit in DC was not as rowdy, but some people next to me were fornicating &nbsp;i don't think the security guard had a clue!!!! </b>

Wow, I had no idea. I think I remember one girl being removed over the rail in front of Mark- it looked like she just passed out from the heat or crowdedness, but I didn't see the others, surely b/c they were behind me and the only time I turned around was a couple times when Scott was on the catwalk. The entire floor there was GA but I never felt too smooshed. I mean, I was smooshed, but I never felt uncomfortable or faint. I think I was just way too into the show to feel any pain.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-18-2002, 10:53 PM   #27
JenRN
USER INFO »
Allison... Yeah the Richmond crowd was much more rowdy than the other shows I went to!!! This girl behind me kept trying to shove me out of the way and boy... she did not have any idea what she was in for, because I nicely said, hey I waited in line many hours for this rail, and she started with her foul mouth trash talk. Then she unleashed the beast in me, I let her have it like no ones business, think it freaked her out a little! She was getting nasty with my pregnant friend and boy that was all it took for me and WHAMO I let her have it!!! The security guard even laughed and said to me "I was hoping you would give her a piece of your mind, she has pissed off over 10 people tonight" And he then made sure I was in full view of getting one of Mark's pics and I have it here next to me! *sigh*

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-18-2002, 10:55 PM   #28
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Cool & helpful security guards are the best!!!!!

Old 11-19-2002, 01:22 PM   #29
allison
USER INFO »
Yeah, I still remember the guards in front of me- 3 huge black men- they were 2 brothers and a cousin and they all 3 looked like twins. Their last name was Washington- they were super cool. I talked to them a lot before Creed came on and caught them looking at me a couple times during the show with smiles on their faces. They were probably pretty amused by me singing my heart out and jumping up and down, headbanging, etc.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-19-2002, 01:27 PM   #30
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Allison... Yeah the Richmond crowd was much more rowdy than the other shows I went to!!! &nbsp;This girl behind me kept trying to shove me out of the way and boy... she did not have any idea what she was in for, because I nicely said, hey I waited in line many hours for this rail, and she started with her foul mouth trash talk. &nbsp;Then she unleashed the beast in me, I let her have it like no ones business, think it freaked her out a little! &nbsp;She was getting nasty with my pregnant friend and boy that was all it took for me and WHAMO I let her have it!!! &nbsp;The security guard even laughed and said to me "I was hoping you would give her a piece of your mind, she has pissed off over 10 people tonight" &nbsp;And he then made sure I was in full view of getting one of Mark's pics and I have it here next to me! &nbsp;*sigh* </b>

Good thing you told her what was up! God, I hate when people act that way. The only problem I had was one girl who stuck her arm between me and the girl I met there who was beside me on the rail. She was behind us and I guess she thought if she could grab hold of the rail she'd eventually get on the rail in between us. She held her arm there for like 20 minutes (luckily this was before Creed came on) and it got really annoying pressing into my ribs so I nicely asked her to remove it and she totally had an attitude about it but she did and never out it back. Do you remember those kids outside smoking the whole time and they were all wearing black Creed T-shirts? It was the one with the chin-length bleached blond hair.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!