++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Please say it aint so...

Does anyone else NOT really want to see some sort of Creed reunion?? I was as into Creed as anyone back in the day, but when they split it just seemed right, especially seeing how AB has picked up where Creed left off musically, and has done some amazing stuff. I loved the idea of Mark and Scott P getting back to the beginning and making the music they want to make. Bringing Brian back in was icing on the cake too. Even seeing how much Myles has grown and evolved from his M4 days is awesome.

Personally, I would be crushed to see all that haulted or even put on pause in favor of a Creed comeback.

What I'm hoping is that all these rumors lead to nothing. Failing that, maybe Wind Up is planning to merely 're-brand' Scott Stapp's solo gig as "Creed: Resurrected" or something awful like that in order to turn a quick buck.

Mark, Scott, Brian and Myles, please tell me you aren't a part of any of this silly speculation. If the still-die-hard Creed fans want their thing back that's fine, and let Stapp give it to them. He's been playing Creed tunes on his own for years anyway. Just don't take that same step backwords!

Anyone else with me??
Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Please say it aint so...

as far as my personal over all opion This Reunion Betters Everybodys Out Come From All Sides Including Scotts For That Matter Thank You For Opion Freedom Fighter
Old 03-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I would like to see Creed together again but if that does happen I will be disapointed. Mark said Creed was finished and it would never happen again. I believe when a man says something he should stick to his word, but money can be very persuasive.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
lmaiello
USER INFO »

I admit alter bridge is decent, but no way did they pick up where Creed left off. Their music can't be compared to the ballads that Creed made and although I think Miles has talent, his vocal capability can't come anywhere near Stapps.
Radio stations announced today in CT that Creed is booking dates in Hartford.
Creed is back. Let's enjoy it.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

You've got to be kidding Me.

Kennedy's range is superb. The power in his voice is undeniable. Stapp is a damn decent vocalist, but he is NOT of the same caliber as Kennedy whatsoever. Some of the notes Kennedy can hit... godly. The notes he can hold... amazing. You cannot convince Me of anything less.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
lmaiello
USER INFO »

So could the beegees.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #7
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

lol...good one !!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by lmaiello) So could the beegees.

The Bee Gees musical legacy and popularity has survived well more than 30 years. It only took a few years for tickets to a Scott Stapp show to be taped to the enterance of the concert hall and when the Bee Gees last toured in the late 90's they filled venues larger than Stapp can fill on his own to date.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) The Bee Gees musical legacy and popularity has survived well more than 30 years. It only took a few years for tickets to a Scott Stapp show to be taped to the enterance of the concert hall and when the Bee Gees last toured in the late 90's they filled venues larger than Stapp can fill on his own to date.
For The Respect Of Rock N Roll Lets Leave The Bee Gees Out Of This
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
You've got to be kidding Me.

Kennedy's range is superb. The power in his voice is undeniable. Stapp is a damn decent vocalist, but he is NOT of the same caliber as Kennedy whatsoever. Some of the notes Kennedy can hit... godly. The notes he can hold... amazing. You cannot convince Me of anything less.
Myles Is A Great Vocalist Indeed But Comparing Stapps Voice To Kennedys You Cant B/c Your Dealing With To Different Vocalists All Together Stapps Early Years With Creed Was Influnced By Grunge of Course And With H/C And Weathered You Could Hear Where Is Vocals Was Changing hopefully we see a lot of that in this reunion A More Power In those Vocals i,d love to hear an acoustic version of torn live that would be killer
Old 04-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
Agent D
USER INFO »

I feel the same as you do, FreedomFighter. This is a money grab. It's a complete and utter money grab, especially if the original band is involved. It's one thing if it's Stapp with a new crew. But if the Mark and others are in this, I'll be disappointed.

I also don't get the appeal. I admittedly haven't listened to Creed in a long time. I've been meaning to listen again but I just don't see what the point of a reunion tour is. So they can go out and perform the same songs again? Stapp can't possibly sound as good as he did in 1997. Just, what is the point? Someone explain it to me, please.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 AM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I feel the same as you do, FreedomFighter. This is a money grab. It's a complete and utter money grab, especially if the original band is involved. It's one thing if it's Stapp with a new crew. But if the Mark and others are in this, I'll be disappointed.

I also don't get the appeal. I admittedly haven't listened to Creed in a long time. I've been meaning to listen again but I just don't see what the point of a reunion tour is. So they can go out and perform the same songs again? Stapp can't possibly sound as good as he did in 1997. Just, what is the point? Someone explain it to me, please.
Y2k That Was A Money Grab The Greatest Of All Time Even Arnold Got Lucky Out Of It With End Of Days Wall Walker when i see your avi depending on moods haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LAMO I Cant Take Nothing You Say Serious brother i try peter parker was such a dork i wanted to be the green goblin and get him out of his misery back on topic im looking foward to the reunion i dont see a future or a point in a lot of things these days so i dont think a creed reunion is such a bad thing but a good thing think of all the happy fans
Old 04-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #13
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) For The Respect Of Rock N Roll Lets Leave The Bee Gees Out Of This

I didn't bring them up and I'll say what I want until I'm kicked off thank you.

-Homer Simpson

Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 AM   #14
McField
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to McField Send a message via Skype to McField

reunion would feel like forced commersial trick!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I didn't bring them up and I'll say what I want until I'm kicked off thank you.
Yes Sir