++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-13-2003, 07:21 PM   #16
badboy9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hi! I am new to you all, but have been looking at the site for over a year.

One reason the DVD probably hasn't been released is due to the lawsuit. If the suit hasn't been dismissed or settled, and Creed released a killer DVD of various shows or show, it would seem to strengthen the case of the plaintiffs.
Usually someone at every show seems to find a way to shoot bootleg video or record the music. If they compare shows, it certainly would be detrimental to the Creed defense. This assumption is based upon the apology from Jeff Hanson and everything alleged regarding their performance, meaning evidently this show was not up to par.

I saw Creed three times in 2002...the opener in Atlanta (which was phenomenal)....July in Charlotte (I think the second or third show back from Scott's injury)....and August in Cincinnati (also an awesome show). Scott was not the same in the N.C. show as the other two. It was still a great performance, but very different from the other two. Scott's energy level seemed to be very low, though the rest of the band kicked. I chalked it up to being off tour, plus figured he may have rushed back too soon from a serious injury.

I love this band wish them well in all they do, whatever that is. We are blessed to have them in whatever form.

Meantime, if you want to see an awesome show, buy the new Rush in Rio DVD. It will help take your mind off this stuff. Talk about some incredible musicians and lyrics!!
Old 12-13-2003, 08:02 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Welcome, badboy, you make some valid points...I was at the Cincy show, too...My first-ever Creed show and it rocked! Hope you have fun here. It's a good group.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:25 PM   #18
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I want to sit on santa Stapp's lap! (I wonder how much that would cost!)
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 12-13-2003, 11:40 PM   #19
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by badboy9) Hi! I am new to you all, but have been looking at the site for over a year.
You have been lurking here for over a year? That's CRAZY!!! How come you didn't start pasting earlier?

Quote: (Originally Posted by badboy9) One reason the DVD probably hasn't been released is due to the lawsuit. If the suit hasn't been dismissed or settled, and Creed released a killer DVD of various shows or show, it would seem to strengthen the case of the plaintiffs.
Hmm, interesting.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 12-14-2003, 10:39 PM   #20
badboy9
USER INFO »
I really can't say why I didn't post until now. I just enjoyed seeing everyone go back and forth on different things. Happened onto the site from a search on Netscape. My first post was in the "Fans by City" under "Kentuckians come hither", sort of a personal Creed history.

I have seen a lot of bands live, majority Classic Rock (Police, Genesis, Rush, ZZ Top, Eric Clapton to name a few), but have never seen a better show than the boys deal to their fans. Like Stevie Ray Vaughan used to do, they put their heart and soul into every note, chord and lyric!!!

Anyway, does the theory about the DVD sound remotely logical? I, too, was hungry for one to come out and was disappointed when it didn't. However, with all that transpired, it would seem dangerous to their defense if it came out until the coast is clear.

You know, Scott really did have a tough year. I don't remember anyone mentioning the deal with Alcatraz when the Dr.'s told him he was endangering his vocal cords and needed to scale back. That was probably some of the pressure he spoke of being under when VH1 had a fit and brought in the Wallflowers, meaning there were people who had no regard for his health, only the money to be made off him. I remember the first time I saw them, which was opening of the Weathered tour in Atlanta 2002. I could not belive the strain he had to be putting on his voice. Being athletic like he is, he probably rushed, or was rushed, back after the accident. When someone is used to being active, the worst thing that can happen is to not be able to be active.

I ramble......
Old 12-15-2003, 02:22 AM   #21
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by badboy9) I really can't say why I didn't post until now. I just enjoyed seeing everyone go back and forth on different things.
So you like the site?

Quote: (Originally Posted by badboy9) However, with all that transpired, it would seem dangerous to their defense if it came out until the coast is clear.
I tend to disagree again, but oh well let's just hope they do release it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by badboy9) You know, Scott really did have a tough year.
Yeah no kidding, all the guys did really.

Quote: (Originally Posted by badboy9) I ramble......
Yeah, j/k.

Old 12-15-2003, 07:01 AM   #22
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Welcome, badboy9. I think you made some valid points.

Relearn Love
Old 12-15-2003, 05:00 PM   #23
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Well, contrary to my earlier belief that I would get over the rumors - I was actually listening to MOP today and something came over me. Similar to that of which many of you have talked about - I just was at peace about it. I will listen to Scott sing anywhere and while I still believe in my heart that the Creed combination was magic and unique and special, there is nothing that says they can't have wonderful solo projects as well. And in my heart I believe they will be back together again some day. And maybe they will be even better having had this experience. I just miss them so much I would happy to see them anywhere at this point.

One last thought - anyone have any opinion about why they still can't release the DVD? Isn't the footage all already shot? It would be nice to still get that - since we aren't likely to see any live shows in the near future - is it the commentary or what that would hold up a project like that???

I don't nessisarily call this such a bad time, it could be worse. Look, people grow and as people grow your intrests change. and obviously tremo, stapp and flip wanted to try other things than just creed. In this point, the members are spreading out to see what else they can come up with. I think it's good.

What would you rather have?

Creed burn out and fall to a musical death? or creed taking a break, getting some breathing room and coming back in a few years energized, and back on there feet. The last couple of years has not been of the best.

You have tremos mother dieing.
Stapp in a car accident.
The dreaded chigago incident in which alot of people will never forget and will use it against creed for years to come.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:50 PM   #24
badboy9
USER INFO »
I do enjoy the site and appreciate the "welcome as a Newbie"...I knew that one would come out sooner or later. Flying under the radar screen doesn't work with this crew does it? haha

As we say in the South, all y'all have a good evenin'.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:06 PM   #25
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Welcome to Creedfeed, Badboy, hope you like it here. Sorry, but we try to welcome all newbies!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:11 AM   #26
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by badboy9) I do enjoy the site and appreciate the "welcome as a Newbie"...I knew that one would come out sooner or later. Flying under the radar screen doesn't work with this crew does it? haha

As we say in the South, all y'all have a good evenin'.
Welcome Badboy9,,hello hello,,Dont take this as an ofence or anything but you dont sound that Bad to me,, ,And as all us from the south y,alls take ye here,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-16-2003, 02:18 AM   #27
hayley
USER INFO »
Hope you post more often!

Old 12-16-2003, 08:13 AM   #28
mushroomy2k
USER INFO »
hi badboy9 welcome to creedfeed i havent been here all weekend
so i will say welcome to you today.
y'all have a terrific week.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:00 PM   #29
badboy9
USER INFO »
You guys are so nice. Thanks for the welcome.

Creed-folk are good-folk. I feel like I know you all anyway.

No offense taken. Badboy serves a lot of purposes for me...Alter-ego, symbol of toughness...my ex-wife looked at the tatoo on my arm in 1995 and called me a conceited f---ing red neck, because it sort of looks like me. I told her I was going to get a tatoo and she didn't believe me. We stayed married another 18 months, haha. Believe me, you can't piss me off by directing anything my way. Life is too short to take oneself so seriously, so I don't.

Now I am out of Newbieville and thrust onto the pages of this forum. Life is good!!!!

Well, time to go slop the hawgs!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 12:36 AM   #30
hayley
USER INFO »
lol what's your tattoo of?