++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 12:29 AM   #16
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) You asked, I'm giving my opinion. Creed without Scott Stapp is like KISS without Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. I'm interested in hearing this new band, but I'm not excited about it all. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to see their last show together in Philly. Hopefully it won't be....

KISS should have given it up 15 years ago along with Aerosmith. a new singer (and a completely different singer) will change the dynamic a lot even though it is basically Creed minus Stapp. Lyrically it will be far different and it sounds like it will be heavier as well. just enjoy the ride.........
Old 05-02-2004, 12:36 AM   #17
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Actually, it's Creed without the pissing and moaning. With Alter Bridge there is: more talent singing-wise, no bashing from critics and music-listeners, no selling-out, Brian Marshall, more guitar solos, more Mark Tremonti song-writing, and no more drunk performances.
CREED will Never be Creed without stapp..as bad as you hate to admit it Thats just the way it is!!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-02-2004, 12:40 AM   #18
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) CREED will Never be Creed without stapp..as bad as you hate to admit it Thats just the way it is!!!!!

I am laughing my ass off to what you have just said. The guys are way better off. I rather have the band not sell millions than to sell millions and sell-out like they did with Scott Stapp. Scott Stapp really didn't do anything, but help appeal to Christian audiences. One last thing: tell Stapp to stop with the damn under-bite because that's Eddie Vedder's singing style.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:43 AM   #19
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
I just find it humorous that these Stapp-lovers are so offended by Mark's solo project. Sure they dumped Scott Stapp, but it wasn't the guys' fault that Scott couldn't sing worth a damn during the Weathered tour and had to take a huge break (and wanting more time off). To be politically correct: the guys just couldn't wait for Scott Stapp to be ready because they love playing music and you can't tell a group of musicians to stop making and playing music. Mark already misses touring and seeing his die-hard fans (that's right: Mark Tremonti fans).
Old 05-02-2004, 12:49 AM   #20
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) KISS should have given it up 15 years ago along with Aerosmith. a new singer (and a completely different singer) will change the dynamic a lot even though it is basically Creed minus Stapp. Lyrically it will be far different and it sounds like it will be heavier as well. just enjoy the ride.........

A band having a new leadsinger isn't such a bad idea. Just as long as they don't change their music style. AC/DC for example.

Alter Bridge seems much more different than Creed (we ought to ask for Michael's input on the matter). It's a very ludicrous statement saying it's just Creed minus Stapp music-wise. Yeah... you can really compare Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave musically, right.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:54 AM   #21
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I am laughing my ass off to what you have just said. The guys are way better off. I rather have the band not sell millions than to sell millions and sell-out like they did with Scott Stapp. Scott Stapp really didn't do anything, but help appeal to Christian audiences. One last thing: tell Stapp to stop with the damn under-bite because that's Eddie Vedder's singing style.
Again the truth hurts, Without Stapp CREED NEVER WAS And really im the ones thats really laughing
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-02-2004, 01:00 AM   #22
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Umm...AlterBridge is NOT trying to be "Creed minus Stapp".

And I agree that "Creed" is Stapp, Tremonti, Phillips, Marshall, Hestela.
(and I think I'm spelling Brett's last name wrong) But WITHOUT the FOUR(then 5) of them, Creed wouldn't have exhisted....it was a GROUP EFFORT. Take away one part and you don't have the whole.

It is fans making that "claim" that it's Creed minus Stapp...when it seems clear that Alter Bridge is trying to NOT be that.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:02 AM   #23
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Again the truth hurts, Without Stapp CREED NEVER WAS And really im the ones thats really laughing

Real way to support you position: Good job!

Really though, what is so special about Stapp. Was it the fact that he degraded our Lord and savior? Was it that he uses Eddie Vedder's singing style? Was it his very religious lyrics? Was it the fact that he shows off his chest on pop-cult magazines?

Please answer, because I am very confused. ::rolls eyes::
Old 05-02-2004, 01:04 AM   #24
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
TOW come on stop with the Vedder rip-off accusations it makes you sound very ignorant. Myles was mis-lablled a Cornell rip-off although at a much smaller level because of their lack of fame in comparison. hopefully that is the end of that issue in this thread. Firstly you say that as long as the music doesn't change ie:ACDC then its okay but then show the example of RATM and Audioslave to show to say the comparison isn't that great.

I don't think Alter Bridge will simply be Creed minus Stapp or a Creed/MF4 hybrid but the members are Creed pre-Weathered minus Stapp with Kennedy instead. You don't know if they dumped Scott you are assuming that. It is just as plausible that Scott wanted to go out on his own and do a solo album, acting etc; or it was a mutual decison because it was simply wasen't working out in the studio. The amount of Stapp and conversly Tremonti fans is miniscule compared to the general population of Creed fans. Why is there a need to take sides?
Old 05-02-2004, 01:05 AM   #25
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Umm...AlterBridge is NOT trying to be "Creed minus Stapp".

And I agree that "Creed" is Stapp, Tremonti, Phillips, Marshall, Hestela.
(and I think I'm spelling Brett's last name wrong) But WITHOUT the FOUR(then 5) of them, Creed wouldn't have exhisted....it was a GROUP EFFORT. Take away one part and you don't have the whole.

It is fans making that "claim" that it's Creed minus Stapp...when it seems clear that Alter Bridge is trying to NOT be that.

We're not talking about fame here. That's a whole different discussion. The discussion is if Mark and the guys are better off without Stapp.

I think it's no coincidence that Alter Bridge consists of the current guitarist and drummer of Creed, and the ex-bassist of Creed, including a leadsinger that doesn't have an ego the size of Texas.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:13 AM   #26
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Real way to support you position: Good job!

Really though, what is so special about Stapp. Was it the fact that he degraded our Lord and savior? Was it that he uses Eddie Vedder's singing style? Was it his very religious lyrics? Was it the fact that he shows off his chest on pop-cult magazines?

if by bringing good rock with a positive message is degrading God then yes he degraded to the high order. if you are referring to the blaspheming in What's This Life For I don't really like that but there is far worse in the music world and that includes so called "pseudo-christian" rock bands. again with the vedder singing style, will you please stop saying that?
Old 05-02-2004, 01:21 AM   #27
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Real way to support you position: Good job!

DEGRADED OUR LORD, AND SAVIOR NOW you hold the damn phone...And postion I dont know what the hell your talking about why dont you tell me yours!!!! buddy your giving me heartburn with a headache !!!
Old 05-02-2004, 01:26 AM   #28
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) TOW come on stop with the Vedder rip-off accusations it makes you sound very ignorant. Myles was mis-lablled a Cornell rip-off although at a much smaller level because of their lack of fame in comparison. hopefully that is the end of that issue in this thread. Firstly you say that as long as the music doesn't change ie:ACDC then its okay but then show the example of RATM and Audioslave to show to say the comparison isn't that great.

I don't think Alter Bridge will simply be Creed minus Stapp or a Creed/MF4 hybrid but the members are Creed pre-Weathered minus Stapp with Kennedy instead. You don't know if they dumped Scott you are assuming that. It is just as plausible that Scott wanted to go out on his own and do a solo album, acting etc; or it was a mutual decison because it was simply wasen't working out in the studio. The amount of Stapp and conversly Tremonti fans is miniscule compared to the general population of Creed fans. Why is there a need to take sides?

Scott Stapp uses the infamous Eddie Vedder under-bite. How does using evidence against Stapp make me sound ignorant?

What I said about AC/DC: Last time I heard, Audioslave isn't Rage Against the Machine. They changed their band name, you know.

The reason why there aren't as many Mark Tremonti fans as Stapp's is because Mark isn't a lime-light freak. Mark stilll has at least 4 tribute websites that I know of.

I take Mark's side because I am not too fond of Stapp's drama queen persona and his not-so-good singing.

I remember someone (I forgot who it was) posting a review from Rolling Stone on the mt.net board about Myles Kennedy and it was very positive. They even had a thing to say about Stapp.

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 05-02-2004 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:26 AM   #29
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) if by bringing good rock with a positive message is degrading God then yes he degraded to the high order. if you are referring to the blaspheming in What's This Life For I don't really like that but there is far worse in the music world and that includes so called "pseudo-christian" rock bands. again with the vedder singing style, will you please stop saying that?
No It was never blaspheming No they wont stop saying it because thier Fricking Morons
Old 05-02-2004, 01:28 AM   #30
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) if by bringing good rock with a positive message is degrading God then yes he degraded to the high order. if you are referring to the blaspheming in What's This Life For I don't really like that but there is far worse in the music world and that includes so called "pseudo-christian" rock bands. again with the vedder singing style, will you please stop saying that?

Those Christ poses would offend Christians, but then again, that's only me.