++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #16
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i think stapp is simply who he is....i wouldn't attempt to try and anylize his behaviour, or figure him out, unless i knew him personally...and even then, i bet he's full of surprises...

~peace~

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 08-21-2003, 09:07 PM   #17
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Ann Allusion
i think stapp is simply who he is....i wouldn't attempt to try and anylize his behaviour, or figure him out,  unless i knew him personally...and even then, i bet he's full of surprises...

~peace~

You are right Ann.....I really wasn't trying to analyse him so much as give a possible reason for his absence and/or behavior at functions etc.... Just offering a possibility.
I agree 100% with you about his being full of surprises.
Most people are.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 08-21-2003, 10:07 PM   #18
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Yeah that sounds like an accurate statement. i can see how someone would be like that, and im sure there are more performers out there like that.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 08-21-2003, 10:16 PM   #19
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Stapp seems shy, I agree w/ that. I ain't gonna so no human beeing is never arrogant, but he ain't rude either...he's wise.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-21-2003, 11:48 PM   #20
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Sometimes When There is Much To Be Said Your Better Off To Shutup Because Nobodys Hears You Any Way And If They Do They Dont Understand Anyways This Applys To My Self Im Quiet Most The Time Dont Say much Alot Times when somebodys Talking To Me I Dont Anwser Theme Some Call Me A Zombie But I Have Very Few people That I Can Talk To And We Almost Can Read Each Others Minds But Being A Spirtual Lead Person All i Can Say Is To Get My point Acrossed Its Like the kenny Rodgers Song You Got To Know When To hold em Know When To Fold em Know When To Walk away And Know when To Run Ill Shutup Now God Bless
Old 08-22-2003, 05:24 AM   #21
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ZION1010
Sometimes   When   There   is    Much   To   Be    Said    Your    Better    Off   To   Shutup   Because   Nobodys   Hears   You   Any  Way    And   If    They   Do   They   Dont   Understand   Anyways  This   Applys   To   My   Self   Im  Quiet   Most   The   Time   Dont   Say  much    Alot   Times   when   somebodys   Talking   To   Me  I  Dont   Anwser   Theme   Some   Call   Me   A   Zombie   But   I   Have   Very  Few   people   That   I   Can   Talk   To   And   We   Almost   Can   Read   Each   Others   Minds    But   Being    A   Spirtual   Lead   Person  All   i   Can   Say  Is   To  Get   My   point     Acrossed   Its   Like  the  kenny   Rodgers  Song   You   Got   To   Know   When   To   hold em   Know  When  To   Fold em   Know   When   To  Walk   away   And   Know   when  To   Run   Ill   Shutup   Now   God   Bless

yyyyyyyYYYYYuh.....GAAAAAAAAHHH!!! please.... use.... sentances....!

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PERIODS
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-22-2003, 09:27 AM   #22
Julbright
USER INFO »
Well, I guess I just differ a little bit in that if I had the choice I would pick meet. Unless it was like they would shake my hand and sign something and move on then I would definitely pick the show. But if I had a chance to talk to Stapp I would take it in a heartbeat. While it would be hard to get started I have so much I would like to talk to him about that it would be easy to talk to him once the ice was broken. I don't expect that he is Mr Social Butterfly - so while I would have some basic expectations about courtesy and stuff like that, I don't think I would go in expecting anything specific. Guess that is another reason I started thread - hoping to hear what he might be like because really none of us really know.

Meeting him to me is no different than if I would eventually want to meet any of you that I build a relationship with. It is different only because the "relationship" I have with him is through the music - but the music is really an extension of him right? As Jen said, he has given me so much through his music - it feels natural to me to want to meet him and talk to him. Just like someday I hope to get to meet you all at a CREEDFEED FEST or something - you know what I mean?
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-22-2003, 09:45 AM   #23
emelie
USER INFO »
I totally agree with you, fellers...
speaking to you
take all this pride
and leave it behind
because one day it ends
one day we die
believe what you will
that is your right
but I choose to win
so I choose to fight
to fight
- Weathered
Old 08-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #24
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Why just love Scott when you can love the whole band like I do?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-22-2003, 10:02 AM   #25
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM

That is a good question - I am fond of Mark and Flip (especially after the way they held the show together in Chicago - gave me a new appreciation for them) but there is just something about Scott that gets me. Maybe because he is the main lyrics guy and the lyrics are what attracted me to Creed songs in the first place. I am totally able to appreciate the total package, but Scott reigns supreme in my list of dudes I like!
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-22-2003, 12:13 PM   #26
Julbright
USER INFO »
ZION - I still have trouble with reading and sometimes understanding your posts, but I would like to thank you for trying to keep your content on topic and even though it is hard to read, please continue to share your ideas and thoughts. Your ideas aren't any less important if the proper grammar isn't in place
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-22-2003, 03:09 PM   #27
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Thanks julbright I Know My Typing Sucks But Hay As Long As You Can Read Some Of It Or Make It out Thats Okay With Me God Bless You
Old 08-22-2003, 03:18 PM   #28
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
yyyyyyyYYYYYuh.....GAAAAAAAAHHH!!! please.... use.... sentances....!

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PERIODS
You Hate Me dont You You Once Posted To Me That You Were A Christian I Dont Judge You Or Hate you The Bible Tells Us We Know A Christian By Their Fruits Your Light Is Low My Friend I Will Pray For The Lord to Open Your Eyes And I Know You Understand Me With Or With Out Periods Do Un to Others As You Would Have Theme Do Un To You JESUS IS LORD AND LOVES US ALL
Old 08-22-2003, 10:48 PM   #29
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM

Great Point Lithium
Most of us fixate on Scott Stapp because he writes most of the lyrics and is the frontman. He's also very good looking. That doesn't hurt either. Mark is an excellent guitarist, Scott P. a highly under-rated (just my opinion) drummer and then of course there's Brett, our favorite bassist. All 3 are worthy of the attention that Scott S. gets, and are probably very thankful they don't receive it. They are loved by us as well. I think most people just fixate on the singer. Nirvana...most talk about Cobain.
U2..most tallk about Bono. Rolling Stones....most talk about Jagger. See what I mean??
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 08-23-2003, 08:24 AM   #30
Julbright
USER INFO »
NJ - You have a good point -- I agree - so much of the performing too is typically centered on the front man on the band. I have to disagree with one point, though, my favorite U2 member was always Larry Mullen Jr, the drummer. So, sometimes I think it is just a matter of what attacts you. I saw a U2 interview back in the day and while I was also crazy about Bono, something about LMJ in that interview sold me. SO for me it must be something about their personalities that I like.
Give me eyes of a child