++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #106
missdjsp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
terri
Old 03-21-2004, 12:35 PM   #107
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Ok, if you don't like Michael posting comments and responding to questions here, put him on your ignore list and skip over his messages.

I for one am grateful he is posting here and letting us know information if and when he can give it out.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-21-2004, 01:28 PM   #108
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Ok, if you don't like Michael posting comments and responding to questions here, put him on your ignore list and skip over his messages.

I for one am grateful he is posting here and letting us know information if and when he can give it out.

DITTO... MICHAEL RULES!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #109
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
It's great that Michael is posting here. We wouldn't know a single thing about Mark's solo project if it weren't for Michael. We all know how out-of-date creed.com is.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:33 PM   #110
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Ok, if you don't like Michael posting comments and responding to questions here, put him on your ignore list and skip over his messages.
Nobody said that.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:33 PM   #111
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) He wasn't asked about Flip ... nor was he asked how Brian felt about either of them. He was only asked if Mark ever hated Brian. A more *neutral* answer might have been simply, "No, Mark has never hated Brian" and been done with it. Instead, he took it to the next step and his answer very clearly implied that it was Scott that was the problem. If you can't read his quote and see that, then you just don't want to.
So this means that you think Michael should not post his true feelings for fear of making Stapp look bad? Michael, you and everyone else here are free to post their opinions. I don't think Michael should have to be so guarded with his words so as not to offend any Stapp fans.

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) All Lisa was saying was that she has picked up on these insinuations and does not appreciate them. And ... the more cryptic the answer, the more the rumors spread. I will not even address the whole "Michael is so kind to give us his time" thing because it will be a waste of time. You obviously just won't get it.
Then if Lissa feels this way, she is free to use the ignore list. As for the last comment, you obviously feel so strongly that Stapp had little or nothing to do with the breakup that you are resentful of Mark and/or anything that comes from his side of the band. Please don't patronize me or anyone else on this board by saying we obviously won't get it. We're not idiots, we're just a little more open minded than you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-21-2004, 07:18 PM   #112
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I don't know what's happening since I can't read creedlvr's crappy posts because she's on my ignore list. And it feels good!
Old 03-21-2004, 07:57 PM   #113
creedlvr
USER INFO »
This is so frustrating that I don't know whether to scream or just laugh. You have completely misconstrued everything that I said.
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) So this means that you think Michael should not post his true feelings for fear of making Stapp look bad? Michael, you and everyone else here are free to post their opinions. I don't think Michael should have to be so guarded with his words so as not to offend any Stapp fans.
I am NOT saying that! I do not think Michael should have to be guarded with his words. I am simply saying that certain comments have implied certain things. Seeing how easily people jump to conclusions, I just think it would be best to try not to say things that could possibly stir the pot. What is so wrong with that? You said that Michael *and everyone else* has a right to post their own opinions, but that is obviously not true. I have stated my opinion and look what it has lead to. We are only hearing from one side. Stapp is not here to defend himself. Everytime someone posts anything that is anything less than full enthusiasm for Mark's band, they get attacked. It isn't right. People are constantly saying negative things towards Stapp and no one seems to mind ... but when it comes to Mark ... we have to walk on eggshells so as not to offend anyone.

I never said Michael should answer every question that is asked of him. I never said he shouldn't post here. You are putting words in my mouth.
Quote: Then if Lissa feels this way, she is free to use the ignore list. As for the last comment, you obviously feel so strongly that Stapp had little or nothing to do with the breakup that you are resentful of Mark and/or anything that comes from his side of the band.
Again ... I NEVER SAID THAT! Who are you to say that I "feel so strongly that Stapp had little or nothing to do with the breakup?" When did I ever say that??? I couldn't possibly say something so ridiculous unless I knew the man personally. Again ... you are putting words in my mouth. In fact, if you read what I wrote, I said that it could very well be Scott's fault. I have no idea ... no one here does (except for Michael). Stapp could be the biggest a$$hole on earth! The point is that we just don't know and I don't think it's fair to *hint* that it's his fault without giving more detail. I would say the exact same thing if it was about Mark.
Quote: Please don't patronize me or anyone else on this board by saying we obviously won't get it. We're not idiots, we're just a little more open minded than you.
I am not patronizing anyone. I'm saying that people here won't get it (which BTW - wasn't directed at you) because that has become very apparent by the way I say one thing and people turn my words around. It's clear that it's a waste of time.

And don't tell me I'm not open minded. I just don't think there is an even playing field here. Someone posted her opinion and I told her I agreed with her. I guess the next time I have anything to say in Stapp's defense, I should be ready to be attacked since it doesn't seem to be the "in" thing to do around here.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:57 PM   #114
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) People are constantly saying negative things towards Stapp and no one seems to mind ... but when it comes to Mark ... we have to walk on eggshells so as not to offend anyone.

Heh, it's not really about walking on egg shells, it's more about respect, but...one question...Did you ever stop to think maybe, just maybe, there's a logical reason for that? Now don't anyone take that the wrong way and think I'm trying to bash Stapp, that is not my intention. I'm just trying to point out that Mark is a really respectable person, so is Stapp, but in two different ways.

Last edited by SleeplessAngel : 03-21-2004 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:56 AM   #115
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) People are constantly saying negative things towards Stapp and no one seems to mind ... but when it comes to Mark ... we have to walk on eggshells so as not to offend anyone.
It seems to me if anyone has anything remotely negative to say about Scott that those are the people who have to walk on eggshells. It's the so-called *Stapp defenders* who jump on every little supposed innuendo referring to what led to the breakup/hiatus or whatever it is. I happen to respect both of them as artists and am looking forward equally to what they will offer us musically. And I agree with what Teri and Jen said. Right now, there is no Creed, and I'm trying to move on and trying to be grateful that the band members are still working in music.

Quote: The point is that we just don't know and I don't think it's fair to *hint* that it's his fault without giving more detail. I would say the exact same thing if it was about Mark.

Ok, I think you need a slight reality check. Do you really think Michael would have an unbiased opinion? Hellooooooo, he's Mark's brother. Of course he's going to push his side in whatever way he can without getting himself into trouble. Yeah, he's hinted at a few things, but he hasn't really said what the deal was/is. No one else has, either. There are two sides to every story, so consider the source. I think you're getting bent out of shape for nothing.

Quote: And don't tell me I'm not open minded. I just don't think there is an even playing field here. Someone posted her opinion and I told her I agreed with her. I guess the next time I have anything to say in Stapp's defense, I should be ready to be attacked since it doesn't seem to be the "in" thing to do around here.

Sheesh, get off the cross, we need the wood.

And btw, what Steve said about the ignore button has nothing to do with the fact that no one else was saying that. It was his suggestion, and a mighty fine one, too.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:06 AM   #116
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SleeplessAngel) Heh, it's not really about walking on egg shells, it's more about respect, but...one question...Did you ever stop to think maybe, just maybe, there's a logical reason for that? Now don't anyone take that the wrong way and think I'm trying to bash Stapp, that is not my intention. I'm just trying to point out that Mark is a really respectable person, so is Stapp, but in two different ways.

good point, I also think that there is alot of info as to the "why" this all happened that is being withheld and maybe its not time to judge and place blame, because we don't know the whole story, and maybe there were some large contributing factors on Scott's side, that sent this ball rolling or maybe they were on a different side all in all we just don't know enough about what went on in between them to make a judgment on who is in the right and if anyone is in the wrong with this situation.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:15 AM   #117
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Sheesh, get off the cross, we need the wood.
LMAO!!!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #118
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It seems to me if anyone has anything remotely negative to say about Scott that those are the people who have to walk on eggshells. It's the so-called *Stapp defenders* who jump on every little supposed innuendo referring to what led to the breakup/hiatus or whatever it is.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Quote: Ok, I think you need a slight reality check. Do you really think Michael would have an unbiased opinion? Hellooooooo, he's Mark's brother. Of course he's going to push his side in whatever way he can without getting himself into trouble.
That was exactly my point.
Quote: There are two sides to every story, so consider the source. I think you're getting bent out of shape for nothing.
I didn't get bent out of shape because of what he said ... I was merely making an observation about it. I got bent out of shape because my words were being twisted.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:56 PM   #119
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: This is so frustrating that I don't know whether to scream or just laugh. You have completely misconstrued everything that I said.

It's better to laugh about it, Creedlvr...don't let it make ya scream 'cause it's really not worth getting so upset over the opinions of other people.

unfortunately, since the problems with Creed happened..people will continue to take sides, no matter how much they say they are not...just the way most people are...or they will say that their snide remarks are only joking...when the crowd gets going the mob mentality doesn't slow down..and God forbid if you are not with them...'cause you will be against them as they see it.

Whatever is going on PERSONALLY with the members of Creed, all of them, have NOTHING to do with the members of this bb or any other...They are musicians and talented human beings...their lives are their own...but too many seem to identify with what the do personally, or who they are as human beings much more than what they are able to accomplish with their talents.

I've defended Stapp..and i will not say that i haven't..but then, i would say something in the defense of ANYONE that catches as much flack as he does...the thing is, to turn on one another like a pack of dogs when someone says something that others don't agree with is totally pointless...Everyone has the right to express themselves, yes, but from what i read, the lack of respect for the difference of opinion...not only here but on other bb's as well...(a lot of you post on them)...is totally pointless and defeats the purpose for posting in the first place...
Old 03-22-2004, 01:14 PM   #120
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Ya know.....

Ya know, all of this arguing wouldn't be necessary if Michael kept his posts to information about the new band and just refused to answer questions pertaining to personal relationships between members, etc.

I'm not saying this to defend Stapp either, but you have to give it to him that he apparently is saying nothing about the situation that can be taken and run with. That does make him appear a bit more fair about this whole situation. But then there's Michael and some others posting things that Tremonti may or may not have said (posters on message boards who claim "Mark said")...which yes....do appear to be designed to throw blame in one direction. It makes it look like one side is keeping mum out of respect for everyone and the other side it using it to an advantage. Sorry but that's the way it looks to me, and its the Tremonti camp that is looking like the less than gracious guys with this one.

Much thanks to Michael for all the info about the new band....but could he just keep it to the subject of the new band and just ignore the questions about who hated who, etc. I think it would cut down dramatically on the frequent occurence of agruments. That's just my opinion...not that anyone cares.