++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-18-2004, 07:19 PM   #61
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) That's splitting hairs, Hellboy. He and Mark wrote the songs, so I woudn't call them covers in the conventional sense. Jerry Cantrell still plays Alice songs, but I don't consider those covers, given that he wrote most of their stuff. If you created the songs and you recorded them, they're still your songs.

How about we call them cover/originals? Seems to be easiest. Consider that Scott did not create any of of the back ground music.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:50 PM   #62
Shadow
USER INFO »
Just FYI......Scott is proud of his Grammy and has it on display in his studio.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:36 PM   #63
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Just FYI......Scott is proud of his Grammy and has it on display in his studio.

I am sure tremonti is proud he won the award but i don't think he is trying say he hates the song or creed or whatever. He just wants to move on with creating music and not worry about what happened 4 years ago.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:01 PM   #64
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Maybe he just doesn't want to do an entire tour playing the same what, eleven or twelve songs from a solo album every night....I don't have the financial resources to travel from city to city to see one band play....but ya know all those people who have seen multiple AB shows.....are seeing the exact same show each time, what with maybe one cover song thrown in.

Everybody is actin like he's gonna do a full blown Creed concert, when actually he may only be referring to one or two songs a night, and throwing in a few of the classic rock cover songs he's already alluded to. I'm guessing he would sing WAWO...most people expect him to sing it, considering the source of the inspiration for it.

Geezzzzzz. ....give it a break....AB has ONE album right now....When Creed had ONE album they played the eleven or twelve songs they had on it!!!! That is the way it issssssss!!!...AB, Do change the songs around....It is not like seeing the same show!!! I went to Voodoo in NO.....It was GREAT!!! They did do a Deep Purple cover that blew everyones mind!! Totally awesome!!
Old 10-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #65
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) Geezzzzzz. ....give it a break....AB has ONE album right now....When Creed had ONE album they played the eleven or twelve songs they had on it!!!! That is the way it issssssss!!!...AB, Do change the songs around....It is not like seeing the same show!!! I went to Voodoo in NO.....It was GREAT!!! They did do a Deep Purple cover that blew everyones mind!! Totally awesome!!

Do you remember the cover songs name????
Old 10-19-2004, 11:31 PM   #66
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Do you remember the cover songs name????

they have being playing deep purple's highway star of late so i would assume it was that song!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 10-20-2004, 05:59 AM   #67
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
i dont know about this. i dont feel like its right for scott to play creed songs. although he did write most of the lyrics, who did the music? mark. and the words would be nothiing without the music. i dont thing its right for him to do that.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 10-20-2004, 08:47 AM   #68
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Hey Lith - it's up on the PBF board. Once again, Scott was amazing.

And just FYI - I was able to get through to Scott when he was on the radio last night on Open House Party. I asked him about playing Creed songs and his response to me bascially was - "Why shouldn't I play the songs I wrote". I agree with him 100%. He was a pleasure to speak to.
I have the answer to that: because it's MARK's songs, your lyrics... Not your songs! I think it's cool if he wants to play Lullaby, WAWO and DSD, but not more than that.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #69
bobben
USER INFO »
Good that he doesn't let go!! Means that he still believes in Creed and their songs!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:09 AM   #70
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) Good that he doesn't let go!! Means that he still believes in Creed and their songs!

I hear ya!!!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:07 PM   #71
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) Good that he doesn't let go!! Means that he still believes in Creed and their songs!

Well generally when you create a new band you try to shed the image of your old band. Considering you are trying to establish your sound. If you play cover songs of your old band it looks like your just trying to live off the old band's success. Now this doesn't mean that you no longer believe in your old band, it just means you want progress with the thing you like to do (music), instead of looking to the past.

Ill ask you this, Would you want Audioslave playing Rage or soundgarden covers? I know i wouldn't. Morello playing Soundgarden's background? Cornell raping? OMG. IT's the same with creed/Alterbridge/Mayfield 4. They are trying to establish a sound that isn't creedish because creed is no more!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:14 PM   #72
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I have the answer to that: because it's MARK's songs, your lyrics... Not your songs! I think it's cool if he wants to play Lullaby, WAWO and DSD, but not more than that.

I have a question for you Lith...... and I'm not disputing your argument that they are Mark's songs. But they are just as much Scott's, Flip's and Marshall's songs as they are Mark's. More so Mark and Scott because they wrote them (together). If Scott wants to play Creed songs on tour then so be it. To tell the truth if Scott is going to give me a two hour show of his solo stuff and Creed stuff I will be more than happy to shell out the money. There are plenty of solo artists or even bands that do their old stuff. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant do Zepplin stuff, Peter Cetera does Chicago stuff, Sting does Police stuff. even Slash and the VR guys do GNR and STP stuff.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #73
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Well generally when you create a new band you try to shed the image of your old band. Considering you are trying to establish your sound. If you play cover songs of your old band it looks like your just trying to live off the old band's success. Now this doesn't mean that you no longer believe in your old band, it just means you want progress with the thing you like to do (music), instead of looking to the past.

Ill ask you this, Would you want Audioslave playing Rage or soundgarden covers? I know i wouldn't. Morello playing Soundgarden's background? Cornell raping? OMG. IT's the same with creed/Alterbridge/Mayfield 4. They are trying to establish a sound that isn't creedish because creed is no more!

Dek that's a good point but Scott isn't forming a new band as far as we know. It looks like he will be touring as Scott Stapp not as part of a band. My last post had some very succesful solo artists (and band) that play some of their old band's material.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #74
Soundslave
USER INFO »
It isn't right for a different band to be playing the music which Creed originally performed. It really is the same as Myles singing Creed stuff, except it wouldn't sound as normal with Myles singing. Sure, another band can learn the music to Creed songs, but so can any cover band. If Stapp wants to perform Creed songs, he should play them acoustically himself.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #75
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by kariyanine) Dek that's a good point but Scott isn't forming a new band as far as we know. It looks like he will be touring as Scott Stapp not as part of a band. My last post had some very succesful solo artists (and band) that play some of their old band's material.

It still applies, is the tea party the background of creed? No. Then they shouldn't play the songs with stapp.