++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #136
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour
yea well i dont really mind, but as sum1 did say(cant rememba hu) he has alot of his own potential... but in the end i guess it would be better 4 stapp 2 b doin that a lil more in the future... memories... and

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:01 AM   #137
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Signs) It can be viewed in so many ways that the ultimate person to choose what will be done is God himself. And Stapp still sings w/ the strength with those songs. I get you where you want the same background music and all, that that is sort of disrespect for the fans and AB, that Stapp may be wrong for doing so, but those songs shouldn't die either cuz their messages are still important. I don't want it to just be where I have to buy the greatest hits CD or expect the radio to play old hits to hear those messages.
What?
Thjis isnt about God, its about fans not feeling its the right time for this. Waiting a few years wont kill anything, so I dont know where that came from. And it was hardly background music. There isnt background music in a three man band, where only two play instruments. And there are still CDs and such to hear the songs on. Its Stapp having three new ppl, less than a year after the breakup, playing Creed songs.
All hell would break loose if AB played WAWO.
Why is it ok the other way around?

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 03-26-2005, 12:11 AM   #138
bmf
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) What?
Thjis isnt about God, its about fans not feeling its the right time for this. Waiting a few years wont kill anything, so I dont know where that came from. And it was hardly background music. There isnt background music in a three man band, where only two play instruments. And there are still CDs and such to hear the songs on. Its Stapp having three new ppl, less than a year after the breakup, playing Creed songs.
All hell would break loose if AB played WAWO.
Why is it ok the other way around?
Old 03-26-2005, 11:51 AM   #139
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
awesome first post dude.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 03-26-2005, 12:59 PM   #140
revisfoot
USER INFO »
and welcome to the boards. And, fluttergirl, you are absolutely right. I don't understand it either. But, hey just look at it like this -- at the rate Stapp is going, none of us will still be alive to hear him play Creed songs on tour! Because I'm starting to hardly believe it will happen in my lifetime!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:12 PM   #141
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
im more confused about why a post i made in a thread from november is being quoted with no actual comment, but hey. lol. whatever.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #142
GregS
USER INFO »
If Stapp wants to play creed songs let him be. If AB aint gonan play any he can do what he wants. Ye he wrote half the lyrics to like all their songs anyway and along with his new solo stuff thats comin out in august alittle creed here and there would be gr8 at his concerts IMO.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:23 PM   #143
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, at the rate he's going, he probably won't tour until next year, so maybe I'll be over my not wanting him to do Creed songs without the rest of Creed.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #144
GregS
USER INFO »
Hmm ye proberly will be until next year until we see him touring. Im getting alittle annoyed at how long hes been taking but when he eventally does release his album in August i would of thought of him touring maybe late september/ early october but we will just have 2 wait and see..
Old 04-24-2005, 12:17 AM   #145
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I personally could care less. He's not reinventing the wheel, the songs have been written and documented. So if one goes to see him, the music will sound like Creed and the singer will sound like Creed.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:11 AM   #146
GregS
USER INFO »
Yes but if the people are creed fans its good rite ?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:54 AM   #147
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
for the sake of respect to his fellow band members, i think that he should refrain from playing creed songs. Imagine this. You are in a rock band, and you wrote a lot of the music for this band. Well, after a while the band breaks up, and the next thing you know, your one ex member is going out playing all of your music with a different band, and that band is making major bucks from your hard work, the blood, sweat, and tears you put into that music. They are basically capitalizing off of something they didnt write. Stapp needs to rethink that angle, because honestly, it would create less problems for him, and i think that in the long run he is going to attract a lot of media dislike for what he's going to do. Im not trying to be a dick, but i see his career going down the drain completely if he starts doing creed songs all the time. Its a matter of opinion, and i know im opening pandoras box when i say stuff like that, but its how i feel. I dont want a big argument, and to be told that im a moron, because its how i feel about whats going to happen to him.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #148
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If that were truely an issue, the rest of the members would do what is necessary to stop him.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #149
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) the music will sound like Creed and the singer will sound like Creed.
the latter of the two points is correct, but i couldn't disagree more w/ the former. after watching his performance at the NASCAR awards, I hope to hell that he doesn't play any Creed songs. Higher just plain sucked there. for one, it wasn't Tremonti. guy didn't play like Tremonti, didn't sound like Tremonti, just wasn't Tremonti.

Old 04-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #150
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) the latter of the two points is correct, but i couldn't disagree more w/ the former. after watching his performance at the NASCAR awards, I hope to hell that he doesn't play any Creed songs. Higher just plain sucked there. for one, it wasn't Tremonti. guy didn't play like Tremonti, didn't sound like Tremonti, just wasn't Tremonti.

Can I GET AN AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me