++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
XP's SP2

I know there's a few of y'all tech wizards out there, so I've got a question that I haven't been able to find a decent answer to elsewhere. Ever since I downloaded & installed SP2 for XP a few months ago, my GTA:Vice City has been running like shit. The video quality is all there, but it's very choppy. I've tried changing my monitor refresh rate. The game worked just fine all summer until I put SP2 on here back in September. On a related note, my roommate's been having troubles w/ gaming ever since he downloaded SP2 around the same time, as well. I've tried looking in gaming forums, with no conclusive answers, and I haven't received responses to the couple of emails I sent to Rockstar tech support. What gives?

Old 01-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yea, SP2 does interfere with some games. Get the latest patches. Thats all I can tell you. What video card do you have? Have you gotten the latest drivers? Direct X 9c?
Old 01-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
my vid card is an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 w/ AGP8X
do you mean patches put out by the game's publisher, or by Microsoft for SP2?

Old 01-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Both, security patches from Windows Update and Patches released by Rockstar. Do you have the latest drivers from Nvidia? Nvidia released itslatest official drivers on November 15th, I think.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Man All I Know Is EVERYTHING On My Ps Has Sucked Bigtime Since Installed Mine, How Do You Remove It ? Thats All I Wanna Know
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #6
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
keep it. i strongly suggest you keep SP2. Removing it will only make you more suseptable to attaks. If anything what exactly is the problem you're having? And dont give me that "everything hates me" bullshit. Save that for someone who cares, I need detailed info.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree with Mulletman. Keep SP2.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:28 AM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
alright... i've updated NVIDIA & i found a patch for gta-vc.exe, and that works fairly well, but it's still a little choppy. is there a particular patch for SP2 that would help w/ gaming graphics?

Old 01-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #9
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Nope, there is nothing in SP2 that will help your graphics. That will be an issue with your card. Have you tried dumbing down your graphics? Do you have DirectX 9.0c?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) keep it. i strongly suggest you keep SP2. Removing it will only make you more suseptable to attaks. If anything what exactly is the problem you're having? And dont give me that "everything hates me" bullshit. Save that for someone who cares, I need detailed info.
damn it and i thought microsoft was harsh, Ok I Will Do My Best, It Takes A Long Time For Windows To Load, And When They Do I Cant Open A Shortcut Everything Runs Slow, Which I Have Dial Up Thats Nothing New, But Now Its Slower, I Get Cut Of Line, Please Dont Tell Me I Got To Go Delite Cookies B/c Then It Messes Everything Up I Got Start New Acounts On Everything, And I Keep Getting The Littlie Run Dill Gray Icon Thingy now everything was fine untill i installed what gives And Of Course I May Have A Lot Of Questions
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-13-2005, 02:01 PM   #11
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I can fix anything, theres no doubt about that - just ask anyone here. But in order for me to help, I need concrete details. I dont have time or patience to guess.

Ok, from what I could decifer - its your machines that acting up, not your internet. So whether you have dial up or not, thats irrelevant.

-- How much RAM do you have?
---- If you dont know then open "My Computer" and on the left side click "View System Information". A system window will pop up and on the "General" tab you will see three section: System, Registered to, and Computer. Tell me whats in computer [i.e. Pentium XX CPU X.XX GHz -- XXX MB of RAM]

-- How many little icons do you have on the "System Tray"
----- If you dont know, the "System Tray" is where the clock/sound icon is. Tell me how many you have there, NOT including the clock OR sound.

-- Have you run any anti-spyware software [i.e. Spybot: Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware]
---- If not pick one and run them.

-- Do you have an Anti-Virus software?
---- If not, GET ONE. I suggest AVG, its free, not as pretty but it works miracles.

Are your SP2 firewall and pop-up blocker ON? If not TURN THEM ON.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Phewwwwwwwwwwwww Ok Fire Walls Are Turned On AVG Sounds Like A Good Thing Noooooooooo Spy Ware I Can Install Thoses But The Rest I Will Get Back With Ya Do I Need To Install The Spyware And The Anti Virus Before I Know Whats In The System Tray
Old 01-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #13
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm waiting.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
Ok Its X.XX.GHZ i went ahead and installed the spy ware, And I Think That Was Most Of My Probleam, It Helped A Lot After It Was Installed Im Faster Now, But My Windows Still Open Slower Than Xmas, Oh Yes And Im Still Getting The Littlie Rundell Thingy,
Old 01-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #15
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You're fucking kidding me, right?

How much fucking RAM do you have and how fast is your processor. I already told you how to find it. Just write it down now.

You never told me how many programs you had running on your system tray.