++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I really hate how dead this forum is.

This site needs an overhaul, I prefer coming here but it's a shame there aren't many people here.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #17
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

It's simple, there's really nothing more to discuss on a relatively inactive band. They aren't on tour, they aren't writing a new album, there's no new music to discuss, they aren't out making headlines by doing stupid things. I've been a part of the original Creednet or some form of Creed discussion since 2000 and there really isn't anything left to discuss. Maybe it's time to move on.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #18
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

its Truly Worlds PARTY TIME EXCELLENT when we find the villan behind our uncalled for probleams WE CAN DO THE SCOOBY DOO THING, Till Then They No BATTLE IN THE WINE, peace be with you, bub im sure AB.net Is Up And PBF and so forth, This Forum Use To Creednet And was Also ALTER BRIDGE AND Creed Forums Then It Was Changed Back To Creedfeed, checking my logs here, since we were last updated my friend in between the ballroom blitz, and grasp santiy, un like those who can ride that train, elton john sung it best when he sung it just stop there no more, reasons of changing tides is why, no back on topic myles is touring with slash, till the end of the year , last we heared then going to take a right turn in dertroit then move on back south , and then mark supposta be jugling with some solo ideas, and i asume wrting stuff, and so forth, my guess is that in beween that time stapps proabley trying to work on creed stuff , while working on that double album and a book now, That Also Could Be An Interfernce Just My Opinon If Mark Is Wants to Focus On Other Avenues As A MUSICIAN, this would be my rough ESTIMATE As Far As Updates, Here Were More Personal Of ESTABLISHMENT Than Most Fan Sites That Like The Band, We Our More Like The Band Thats Nought That Ought, And Care Deepley When its not perfect, we take it a little more serious than others, but im wanna those types g whiz that will whine for a grab bag and t,shirt too, believe or not i,d proabley rip one out of dear fans hand, if they were not holding it in the proper manor PEACE BE WITH US, as we presue ya,alls What May Never Come, ........ if ya,alls wish to discuss from their ya,all gots the floor, to start hitchhiking acrossed,
Old 12-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #19
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I want to make it clear I don't hate anyone here... this is just a message board after all I just find it gets out of hand sometimes, taking jabs at the band members or their families/friends. I understand every forum has opinions of all kinds & I've dealt with that for quite some time over on TABN, I just find it better when everything is civil (for the most part) - arguing over tiny things is pointless really.

On the subject of a new Creed fansite... I'm not really sure I'm up for it right now. I've been through the mill with TABN so far lol you have no idea how much time & effort it takes managing a website and putting up different personalities. Thankfully we have a great Mod staff over there though. Imo. I think we all should wait it out for a bit & see what Steve has in store for CreedFeed, I would be willing to still pitch in with graphics & what not. Right now though news is slow & everything is focused on AB and Scott... so like it's been said there isn't much we can discuss at the moment.

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 12-14-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Still, even the Scott and AB forums here aren't very active. I will say that I am REALLLLY excited for Scott's new solo album. The songs he's played live and the demos he showed on the live chat he did sound amazing. His voice sounds like it kicks ass on them aswell.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
nagpo
USER INFO »

Well, no matter how dead it becomes, I'll probably stay with it until something better comes along or it sinks like the titanic.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #22
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) I want to make it clear I don't hate anyone here... this is just a message board after all I just find it gets out of hand sometimes, taking jabs at the band members or their families/friends. I understand every forum has opinions of all kinds & I've dealt with that for quite some time over on TABN, I just find it better when everything is civil (for the most part) - arguing over tiny things is pointless really.

On the subject of a new Creed fansite... I'm not really sure I'm up for it right now. I've been through the mill with TABN so far lol you have no idea how much time & effort it takes managing a website and putting up different personalities. Thankfully we have a great Mod staff over there though. Imo. I think we all should wait it out for a bit & see what Steve has in store for CreedFeed, I would be willing to still pitch in with graphics & what not. Right now though news is slow & everything is focused on AB and Scott... so like it's been said there isn't much we can discuss at the moment.
yes its hard ass work , to keeps up wit all the spammers i feels you,re pain bub and i would,nt look away from what i call organaized, dont wanna change the world, i stand here for A Chosen A Few, To Presue And Coutinue where ever the ashes falls upon us IN OUR DUE Season Bub A Lot Things Will Surley Come And Go For The Final Authertiy Prevails......you can discuss whatever as long as nobodys hurting each other and making crude remarks, thats why i always pray FOR STRENETH, and encourage others as well rather than THE DELIVERANCE, that we Are Promised, If We Hold On To The Precepts, what everybodys is doing in their spare time and music projects makes me no difference, i got my own life to live, all my friends are here, and i love,em dearley.....come as you are.... i got montior every nut case ither, for they be many today, im sure if there be any updates it will be passed on, its part of the bridge my brother, im forward somtimes in my opinon, but i really mean no harm only others well beings, i was raised with tough love and isolation, myself, there cometh time when the young grows old that you realize that you must stand with it and teach others the light of day of it, i for one know the years has been rough, not to one but us all, like nixon said we have nothing to fear but fear itself, and sometimes ok to stay away from the rat race, for personal observation , sometimes hurt only reflects hurt when its all that you you,ve been dished you will serve it and serve it will, that speaks to nation so endure each other and love each other the way he loves us, in all things, we will always fall in the catgoery of love and hate, today is the days we learn how to deal with it, and those which shined before us in music and song spoke unto our generation From Dylan To Mecury, And One Of My Faves James Taylor .....love ya,s DK.....all of ya,s do a great job, keep up the good work, And A Big God Bless Ya....
Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #23
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Well, no matter how dead it becomes, I'll probably stay with it until something better comes along or it sinks like the titanic.
i see it more like the movie Blast From The Past When The Ice Cream Parlor Went To Hell, And Brendean Fraiser Arose From The Ground, to the poor dude that been there for so many years, he came in the name of the father, then back again in nane of the mother for more Sherry, if it was the titanic i,d tell the boys TO ROCK ON, and come back on top of it,
Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #24
VJ Raven
USER INFO »

I don't come over here that often because I'm busy helping out in the two forums I am a staff member in. Some days, both sites are quiet, some days those sites are full of trolls and asshats and full of posts that I either have to report or moderate.

In fact, there is a thread that has gone south in the past and is going south again in the larger forum I'm a junior staff member on... I'm not a moderator there but part of my job there is helping the moderators by reporting nasty comments, posting a reminder of the rules, etc... I'm busy keeping an eye on it as I type this and making sure the non staff members are behaving themselves... If one of them starts going nuts again, I'll have to contact the admins/mods again. Joy. *HEAD DESK*

After seeing what my friend 1111 did to get her site set up, I know it is a LOT of work. First of all, she had to figure out what she wanted in the site itself... Like which forums and subforums she wanted, then she had to find a name for it, see if the domain she wanted was free, and then purchase the software... And that's all before it was up and running!!! I'm only a Super Moderator on 1111's site (USS) and there are days when I want to rip my hair out because the software goes nuts, there is a power outage at the server, or things just go completely wonky over there.

And that's only the minor things that can happen... You have to program the site to ban the spammers, watch for the trolls/asshats constantly and keep up with general site maintenance on a daily basis... Plus keep an eye out for anything that could make the site crash without warning. And that's only the tip of the proverbial iceberg...

Some days, one doesn't even see the administrators/moderators at the site I'm a junior staff member in but they are there, watching things in Stealth mode, which means they are invisible to everyone except for the other admins/moderators. Just because we don't see Steve and the other mods doesn't mean they are not around, making sure everything is okay.... I go in stealth mode in 1111's forum myself, just in case I'm the only mod around and there is a known troll around... Sometimes popping out of nowhere is the best way to keep a troll in line, it kinda makes them paranoid that a moderator is watching them even though they may not be visible to the troll...

If Steve wants some help designing and setting up the new forum look when he gets around to it, I am willing to pitch in and use my experience to help out if he wants me to.

As for TA, that's really up to Steve and our other mods if they wish to ban her permanently. I know she's left me alone for the most part since her three day ban a while ago but I don't know if she's harassing others or not... I'm still relatively new to the board here and don't know a lot of you very well yet.

As for other Creed related sites, I can add that sometimes PBF is active, other times, it's pretty quiet... It all depends on who is in there and posting I guess. Frankie does her best to keep things hopping over there and so do a lot of the other members.

Just my $0.02.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #25
Odetolife
USER INFO »

I really don't get why some people on here want to ban TA, she's not doing anything wrong anymore.. and she says nice things.. If you don't like it... Then just ignore it. That's life.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #26
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Odetolife) I really don't get why some people on here want to ban TA, she's not doing anything wrong anymore.. and she says nice things.. If you don't like it... Then just ignore it. That's life.

I personally don't think it's a real person.

Whenever I see TA was the last person to respond to a thread, I tend to stay clear of that thread. Nonsensical ramblings really have no purpose. It kills threads.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #27
VJ Raven
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Odetolife) I really don't get why some people on here want to ban TA, she's not doing anything wrong anymore.. and she says nice things.. If you don't like it... Then just ignore it. That's life.
Well, she abused the PM system by sending people a ton of PMs... That's why she was banned for a few days a while ago.

There is the ignore function over here and it does work. One won't get PMs from anyone on their ignore list.

I'm trying to remain neutral on the subject of TA... Let's just say my moderator and junior staff member training are the only thing keeping me neutral right now.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 01-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #28
TremontiFreak
USER INFO »

I really enjoy this site even though it is badly outdated. I rarely post here but I read nearly everyday and the regular members here seem like good and sensible posters. Maybe we will hear news from Steve soon regarding the site.

Also, I am regular member on TABN and while it is designed better and more active than this site, the majority of people are pricks there unlike here. I can attest that DK has his hands full over there.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:13 AM   #29
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiFreak) Also, I am regular member on TABN and while it is designed better and more active than this site, the majority of people are pricks there unlike here. I can attest that DK has his hands full over there.
I wouldn't say "the majority" ...there are only a few posters that cause trouble every now & then. It's a lot more tame than it used to be that's for sure.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #30
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

If I could add my own .02 here, please allow me.

I've been a member of CreedFeed for as long as I can remember. 2002 maybe? In that time, I've raised two children, bought a house in another state, moved to that state, got a new job and have had much less time to spend online. I know that Steve has bought his first house and has really got his hands full there, so he doesn't have nearly as much time as he once had to keep the sight updated. Dogstar has gone through some life-changing experiences recently as well. I'm glad CreedFeed has managed to stay in place as long as it has. We've had ups and downs and last the year was pretty exciting for us all with the reunion.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to any of you, but if you feel that this place isn't as exciting for you as it once was, we're not going to grab your leg and cry to make you stay. Everyone is free to do what they want. It is my opinion that everyone comes into your life for a reason. I believe that Creed brought me to a great group of friends who came into my life for a reason and I've managed to keep in touch with them. Many of them no longer post here but we still stay in touch.

So if you don't like it here, feel free to try things out someplace else. You won't be hurting anyones' feelings. But as long as Steve keeps the site up, I'll continue to come here and post. It may not be nearly as often as when I was younger (I'm 43) but it's still one of my homes on the net.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.