++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #31
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Hey FEREZ1, If you don't like Stapp so much, why did you bother to join this site? Just to bash him and praise the others? Maybe you would be happier on one of their hate sites or one of Tremo's sites.

If you're going to insult Stapp so much on a Creed board, don't be surprised when you get different views on it.

Your reasons for liking him aren't fact, just your opinion on it.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #32
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OMG!!! Are you for real?!!?!? I'll ask it again ...
You're a Creed fan??? This must be a joke!!!
Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) 1) Saying he wishs they could do as much as Pearl Jam have, then saying he could "kick Eddie Veddar's ass!"
When the F did he say that? When he challenged him to the wrestling match? Umm ... that was for entertainment only ... a way to end the animosity ... and raise money for charity at the same time. I actually thought it was a pretty good idea ... just for fun!
Quote: 2) Blantantly sacking Marshall because he wasn't afraid to say what he felt.(which obviously ain allowed on this message board)
Were you there? No one knows what really happened. I'm sure there was a lot more to the story than this. Besides, Scott was upset that Brian was somewhat talking negatively about another band because it makes Creed look bad ... another example of why #1 is obviously not true!
Quote: 3) Saying that Creed will end when HE feels they can't go any further.
I think you only WANT to believe he meant him alone.
Quote: 4)He was kicked out of college for marijuana, not to mention aforementioned barroom brawls, being sued for being completely wasted in concert, etc.)
So ... he smoked pot? I don't suggest we take a poll here to see how many have done the same at some point in their lives. CORRECTION --> singular bar room brawl. I don't condone this type of behavior ... but I guess a person could only take so much ... AND ... he has addressed this issue several times. Considering there was a friend waiting anxiously with a camera ... obviously, this was deliberately provoked.
Quote: 5) He's being sued for his disgraceful Chicago performance, then has the GALL to defend himself! He can't even own up to his mistakes
I agree that he made a HUGE mistake at this concert ... one that he will probably never live down. Yes ... he should have owned up to it ... but my guess is that he probably couldn't with the lawsuit going on. HE'S HUMAN!
Quote: 6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ.
I won't even address this as it is too stupid for words!!! "Impersonating Jesus Christ" ...
Quote: 7) THE PUNCHING INCIDENT "Some local went up to Scott while he was dancing," says the witness, "and said, 'You should've stuck with Pearl Jam.' So Scott yelled back, 'You wanna disrespect me?' and starts screaming. And the other guy was like, 'You're not a superstar.'" Stapp then punched the other man in the face, giving him a bloody lip and black eye, before the crowd could break them up.
This incident has already been addressed above ... I guess you ran out of things to say!
Quote: YEAH. NICE GUY.
I agree! He has done quite a lot of good things too!

I'm disappointed in myself for responding to this after I said I wouldn't ... this time I mean it!

Last edited by creedlvr : 02-09-2004 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:31 PM   #33
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Okay

Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) 1) Saying he wishs they could do as much as Pearl Jam have, then saying he could "kick Eddie Veddar's ass!"
2) Blantantly sacking Marshall because he wasn't afraid to say what he felt.(which obviously ain allowed on this message board)
3) Saying that Creed will end when HE feels they can't go any further.
4)He was kicked out of college for marijuana, not to mention aforementioned barroom brawls, being sued for being completely wasted in concert, etc.)
5) He's being sued for his disgraceful Chicago performance, then has the GALL to defend himself! He can't even own up to his mistakes
6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ.
7) THE PUNCHING INCIDENT "Some local went up to Scott while he was dancing," says the witness, "and said, 'You should've stuck with Pearl Jam.' So Scott yelled back, 'You wanna disrespect me?' and starts screaming. And the other guy was like, 'You're not a superstar.'" Stapp then punched the other man in the face, giving him a bloody lip and black eye, before the crowd could break them up.
YEAH. NICE GUY.

1. Name the interview where he claimed he could kick Eddie Vedder's ass. And if I'm comprehending it correctly, saying he wishes they could do as much as Pearl Jam has actually sounds like a complimentary statement about Pearl Jam....and I missing something???????? Oh....and by the way....its Vedder.....not Veddar.

2. My opinion about people who insult other bands is that they have no class. Fellow Musicians should respect fellow musicians.....they may not like either other's music....but they can at least be civil....put their stuff out there and deal with what success they receive....don't diss another band. Using that philosophy.....Brian Marshall showed just how little class he had when he made the remark that brought about his removal....plus I'm guessing that there may have been other things that also contributed to that....but no one will ever know what that is.

Well if HE feels that he can't grow as a musician and he leaves Creed...then...yeah....Creed does end....I saw that remark....and if I'm not mistaken he never included any of the other band members in his remark...he was stating that about HIMSELF.

Okay....that's part I
Old 02-09-2004, 01:43 PM   #34
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Yes, Dogstar!! I believe you are right about the WE vs. HE issue and also about Marshall being the one to bash Vedder.

Ferez1, I agree with Dogstar. You have to understand, you are brand new here, coming in and bashing a member of a band we all love. We have already had so many of your kind who come on this bb and present their "opinions" in a way that gets everyone's back up. Stapp has made some bad decisions, yes, but he is only human and should not be put on a pedestal. I think way too many people have this idealistic standard that they think he "should" live up to, and the minute he disappoints, they have plenty of bad things to say. Are we all perfect, or do we all make mistakes? Just because someone is in the public eye all the time doesn't give people license to expect perfection from them. If you're human, you make mistakes. Hopefully, you learn from them and move on. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.......peace

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 02-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #35
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Part II

Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) 4)He was kicked out of college for marijuana, not to mention aforementioned barroom brawls, being sued for being completely wasted in concert, etc.)
5) He's being sued for his disgraceful Chicago performance, then has the GALL to defend himself! He can't even own up to his mistakes
6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ.
7) THE PUNCHING INCIDENT "Some local went up to Scott while he was dancing," says the witness, "and said, 'You should've stuck with Pearl Jam.' So Scott yelled back, 'You wanna disrespect me?' and starts screaming. And the other guy was like, 'You're not a superstar.'" Stapp then punched the other man in the face, giving him a bloody lip and black eye, before the crowd could break them up.
YEAH. NICE GUY.

4. If anyone who had ever smoked pot was prohibited from playing rock music.....rock and roll wouldn't exist...doofus.....they also have been known to trash hotel rooms too. (Van Halen is barred from life from the Holiday Inn Hotel Chain because they trashed so many Holiday Inn hotel rooms). Do you even know who Jimi Hendrix was?????? or Janis Joplin??????

5. Actually....this one shouldn't count....I told you except for Chicago....but since you insist on bringing it up. Yeah....it was a pretty bad mistake. If I had been there I probably would be mad and want my money back.....but a year later I wouldn't still be bitchin about it. See I have the ability to empathize.....to look at the situation as if maybe it was mine....and I have to admit that if it had been me....I had dealt with all the stuff that had gone on in that year....I was exhausted and ill....I just might have made the same bad decision. I'm not willing to give up on another person based on one bad decision.

6. Okay...so standing with your arms open can be taken no other way than an impersonation of Jesus Christ. Its obvious that you don't know alot about body language.....If you listen to country at all there is a video by Tim McGraw where he does exactly the same pose...11.....yes 11 times....do you hate him too? Okay....I'm not sure if he ever smoked pot in college....

7. The incident you mention involved someone who badgered Stapp all night, and didn't just mention Pearl Jam.....he brought up the guy's child. And when fists started flying....voila....there was a photographer to snap a picture. Its usually planned that way. The heckler went there for the express purpose of riling him up.....so my deal is he got what he deserved....a bloody nose. How many movie stars have you seen that punched out photographers, not for taking pictures of them.....but for taking pictures of their children. Unless you want to feel pain.....leave a person's children out of the equation.

Nice guy......well my take on it is....he hasn't done anything the most all of us haven't done too. Hey....I smoked some weed in college. I've gotten drunk before....and I'd no doubt punch the bejesus out of someone who went after my family.........

Now......would you like to discuss any further.......
Old 02-09-2004, 02:18 PM   #36
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
Ok

I would like to apologize for the way i represented myself with this situation. I want to get involved in your discussion if u accept me. I ain gonna change my opinion on Stapp, cuz that would be hypocritical, but i understand i came across as a jerk. I agree with a lot u av 2 say, and i still like creed immensely, but don't pass me off as a fool. I know a hell of a lot bout rock and roll and if u aren't offended i would like to continue to post in the future. There wont be any name-calling i promise!!
Old 02-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #37
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) I would like to apologize for the way i represented myself with this situation. I want to get involved in your discussion if u accept me. I ain gonna change my opinion on Stapp, cuz that would be hypocritical, but i understand i came across as a jerk. I agree with a lot u av 2 say, and i still like creed immensely, but don't pass me off as a fool. I know a hell of a lot bout rock and roll and if u aren't offended i would like to continue to post in the future. There wont be any name-calling i promise!!

To change your opinion of Stapp would be hypocritical.....I got a chuckle out of that one......takes a much bigger person to admit that they might be wrong about someone that one who is afraid of doing so because they will look like a hypocrite.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:24 PM   #38
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
I can't believe this thread even got this far! OMG!! Scott Stapp is a human being! Not a God , a HUMAN BEING!!!!! Everyone at some point in thir lives has a made stupid mistakes! Your whole drug comment was a waste of time because how many rock stars do you know who haven't done drugs!!! God, the last two Presidents we had in office even did drugs!(sorry , I got political!!) You will criticize me just for me name , right! He's a good man who has done so many good things outside of his music. I don't know him personally but he has done good works! Creed as a whole is a great rock band. I don't feel Mark was held back by them and I hope they all have wonderful solo projects! Whatever happens in the future I will always support all of them! I believe your opinion is bias because you read too much in the paper and believe everything you read! The Chicago show is now going on over a year! Let's just get over it people!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 02-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #39
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
FEREZ1, I posted this before I was able to read your last post! I'm glad to see your taking a new approach!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 02-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #40
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
thanks

Well i don't want EVERY1 to fall out wiv me. Some of u don't agree with me, some probably do. I just want to say soz for the negative aspects of this thread, though i'm criticizing Stapp, not the members of this message board.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:36 PM   #41
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
All right. I have to say something.

EVERYONE seems to blame Scott for the breakup. We all need to remember one thing: THERE ARE ALWAYS 2 SIDES to EVERY STORY!!!

I'm not saying Scott was innocent here, but I don't believe Mark didn't have any part in whatever happened. It takes two...

Also, please think of this situation this way: Have you ever been in a situation where you and another person were in an argument, and they were spreading rumors about you, and you decided to be the better person and just go on instead of saying anything.

There's way more to this whole thing than we know.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:48 PM   #42
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) no mate, people like me dont suck, people like me are realistic and dont follow stupid fantasies like little girls! So many people on this board go on about how gr8 Stapp is, when its blantantly obvious he cares for himself only. Its people like you who must annoy the hell out of Mark and Flip. I used to adore everything about creed, but i know hate Stapp. How come? How come he gets so much disrespect from his peers? Why are so many fans losing faith in him? STOP ROMANTACIZING PEOPLE AND GET REAL!!
How could i spread crap like this, hmm cuz its my opinion. I have become totally disillusioned with Stapp.
Dude, you need to shut the hell up. I obviously don't agree with you, but I certainly don't fantasize about Scotty. He's mostly disrespected b/c Creed are a respectable band, not engaging in the stuff usually associated w/ rock artists. I mean, Fred Durst? Should we really care what he thinks about Stapp? Sure you can post your own opinions, but don't be an asshole about it.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #43
benkenobi
USER INFO »
I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is supposed to be. Mark is doing his band's album and Scott is doing his solo project. There's not really a problem.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:36 PM   #44
multifast1
USER INFO »
Hi all. First post to this site.. but not new at all to Creed fan sites or this site really. Lemme first say I've been a HUGE fan of Creed's music for a long time and still am. Even got to meet the band in person during a sound check near the end of their last tour (well, all except Stapp).

That said, I have to say I agree with much of what was said about Stapp in the first post. That is to say I have the same "impression" of him as a person. As a singer I think he's awesome, but from what I've seen (and yes heard) of him over the past few years.. I've got a very bad vibe about him.

Now, obviously Ferez1 shouldn't have resorted to name calling and all of the other things I think he was bated into.. (one of the first replies he got was "I think you should DYE" omg!!!).. I agree with much of what he is saying. As a fan I find this very troubling. In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

I mean a bb is meant for sharing ideas and thoughts. When you ask someone to "prove" his ideas by writing an essay on everything that lead to this idea... c'mon. Ferez1 wrote somethings he's seems to regret but I think others have posted some just as offensive replies in my opinion without adding any value whatsoever.

Anyway, this has always been a great site for Creed info. I hope to post here when I can.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #45
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by crest tattoo) All right. I have to say something.

EVERYONE seems to blame Scott for the breakup. We all need to remember one thing: THERE ARE ALWAYS 2 SIDES to EVERY STORY!!!

I'm not saying Scott was innocent here, but I don't believe Mark didn't have any part in whatever happened. It takes two...

Also, please think of this situation this way: Have you ever been in a situation where you and another person were in an argument, and they were spreading rumors about you, and you decided to be the better person and just go on instead of saying anything.

There's way more to this whole thing than we know.
AMEN to that!

In all fairness, we have really only heard from Mark's camp ... nothing from Scott's. The only somewhat reliable info we've gotten has come from Mark to some fans to message boards and from Mark's brother. Again ... (no offense to the Mark fans) ... but this is very possibly slightly biased information. I, for one, do not appreciate hearing ... "Scott got the boot" or "What Mark said was the most politically correct thing he could have said." Again ... all from Mark's side and Scott not there to defend himself.

Scott has said nothing to indicate a riff between him and the others ... nor do we have any of his family members or friends here to defend him.

Right now, I think the playing field is a bit uneven and I do believe that there is a lot more to all of this. I do not believe there is any one person to blame.

Another thing I'd like to say is that it really amazes me when I hear (or read) people saying that Mark has been held back with Creed. Held back??? Creed has made Mark and the others very, very rich people ... not to mention well known and the envy of a number of other bands (which is probably the reason for most of the negativity towards them). The success that Creed has had is truly remarkable and each and every one of them should be incredibly grateful. Held back ... I think not!
Closed Thread