++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 06-19-2005, 04:02 AM   #1
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Tool Appreciation Thread

Been getting back into Tool again lately and thought I might create a thread for all us fans on here to discuss them!

Favourite album: Lateralus
Favourite song: The Patient or Parabol-Parabola
Favourite member: Danny Carey, easily my favourite drummer ever!

Has anyone seen them live?? Closet thing I got to seeing Tool live was A Perfect Circle here a while back, was easily one of best live shows ive seen.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-19-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I sooooo love Tool. I have a hard time picking a favorite album, though. Lateralus was the album that got me into them, but lately, I've been listening to Aenima and Salival a lot. I love that Salival version of Pushit. I think it's one of Maynard's most amazing vocal performances ever. When I heard it for the first time, it gave me chills.

I would say my favorite song is Eulogy. I seem to hit repeat on that one sooo much. I just love that song, from start to finish. The intro is wicked cool and I love lyrics.
They have some seriously head-banging guitar riffs. Some that come to mind include Stinkfist, parts of Eulogy, the transition from Parabol to Parabola.

The drumming in Tool is friggin awesome. I really noticed what a difference it can make when drumming really good. There's something really tribal about it on Lateralus, especially in The Grudge. That is one ass-kicking opening track. It's also awesome in Disposition/Reflection and Lateralus.

I have never seen them live, and like you, I've seen APC. I had a chance to see them on the Lateralus tour and I ended up not going because I was too tired. I was just getting into them, so I wasn't as big a fan as I am now. I could kick myself for passing it up given how much I love that album. I won't miss them this time around, that's for sure.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:47 AM   #3
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Love Eulogy, that fucking huge intro does it for me, builds up wickedly.

Been listening to a bit of a Opiate lately, amazing to see how far they have come from just a simple metal band to one of the most complex and brillaint bands in the world.

I hope one day I get pleasure to see them live, would be a dream come true.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
I really love Tool, certainly one of the best progressive metal bands of recent times. I only own Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus at this stage but they are all great albums, particulary the later two IMO. I was reading on a BB the other day that there will be an 18 minute song on the next album which will be interesting to say the least. I'm struggling to think of a better rhythm section than Chancellor and Carey. Perhaps my new love of DT in Myung and Portnoy would give them a shake.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think Tool has one of the best rhythm sections out there today. It's never boring and the sound is such a big part of the overall music without being overwhelming. I like that they focus on that just as much as the vocals and guitars. Sometimes, the rhythm seems like lead vox instead of Maynard.

Opiate is fun. I really love Hush and loved it even more after I saw the video. And Opiate the song is awesome. I love the chorus in that one.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:42 AM   #6
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I think Tool has one of the best rhythm sections out there today. It's never boring and the sound is such a big part of the overall music without being overwhelming. I like that they focus on that just as much as the vocals and guitars. Sometimes, the rhythm seems like lead vox instead of Maynard.

Opiate is fun. I really love Hush and loved it even more after I saw the video. And Opiate the song is awesome. I love the chorus in that one.

I agree the rhythm section is such a massive part of their sound. I guess my one complaint with the band is that although Adam Jones has a lot of skill (he must to keep up with all of those time changes and the cool effects he uses) its all the durgy drop d stuff and there is never any soloing. He's in the background to Danny Carey half the time it seems. Danny is the real star of the outfit I think........
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-21-2005, 01:56 AM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, Danny is definitely the man, but Adam does have his moments, too, with some damn good riffs that make me want to rock out big time. I think they all have their share, but they each have their prominence within the band as well. They are just one talented bunch.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
your right i,ve loved tool for like 4 ever , they just seem to be one of my sound tracks ...and yes the last tool concert i was at i had to leave i got sick ok really sick because it takes a lot of me being sick to leave a concert i was coming down with a really bad flu that was going around , but then i wanted to kick my own ass after i got home i was healed...felt great Doggy Loves Tool , as a mater of fact Doggy did,nt you have fight with someone on the board because all they said you liked and Listend to Was Tool , i was going put my 2 cents in but i stayed out of it , No Da Doggy Likes Opeth , love those Guys and Got me in to Floater
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO, creedsister...Yeah, Mulletman got on my case a little for listening to Tool all the time . And yeah, Opeth is kick-ass, too. I'm so glad you like Floater, too. I can't get enough of them, either.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
And The Doggy Is Big On Alice In Chains ..Smart Doggy Go Post Under The say Something Nice About Somebody Thread so i can ramble about how smart you are
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-25-2005, 09:26 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, creedsister *blushes*
Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) LOL, creedsister *blushes*