++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-16-2005, 11:52 AM   #31
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stabbed in the back? By leaving? You need some help on vocab. That is not stabbing in the back... it's... leaving. I'VE done that in a couple of bands. You don't leave a band because someone is nice and wonderful and really doing his best to be a team player. You leave because he (or they) is (are) obnoxious moron(s). So maybe they were wrong but that IS why they left.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #32
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Don't believe everything you read,... no matter what the majority. As far as I'm concerned Tremonti and Flip stabbed Scott in the back. Granted, Creed was having their problems but Mark and Flip are the ones that gave up on Creed,...Scott WAS and IS diehard Creed untill the end. I believe they could have worked out their problems, eventually, with some time off. Stapp and Mark had been friends since high school and went on this wild rollercoaster ride that was Creed together from the begining. Stapp was having his own personal problems on the Weathered tour and after,..and to have your two best friends abandon you when he probably needed them most makes them pricks in my book. Thats why I feel no matter how great of a guitarist Mark is, in the end AB will never become as successful as Stapp solo. Karma has a way of working these things out.

Hrmm, Stapp has said in an interview that Creed was over after Human Clay. So how does that make him "diehard Creed" if he himself says its over before it actually was? Sounds like Stapp gave up as well... hrmm...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-16-2005, 12:08 PM   #33
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Hrmm, Stapp has said in an interview that Creed was over after Human Clay. So how does that make him "diehard Creed" if he himself says its over before it actually was? Sounds like Stapp gave up as well... hrmm...

If you remember correctly, he said that AFTER they had broken up. He was pissed and that was his jab back at the situation. Now if you remember what he said right BEFORE the breakup,..he said he was excited about Creed working on there next album and DVD release. Anyway you slice it, THEY gave up.
I've been living a double life
Old 11-16-2005, 12:29 PM   #34
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Don't believe everything you read,... no matter what the majority. As far as I'm concerned Tremonti and Flip stabbed Scott in the back. Granted, Creed was having their problems but Mark and Flip are the ones that gave up on Creed,...Scott WAS and IS diehard Creed untill the end. I believe they could have worked out their problems, eventually, with some time off. Stapp and Mark had been friends since high school and went on this wild rollercoaster ride that was Creed together from the begining. Stapp was having his own personal problems on the Weathered tour and after,..and to have your two best friends abandon you when he probably needed them most makes them pricks in my book. Thats why I feel no matter how great of a guitarist Mark is, in the end AB will never become as successful as Stapp solo. Karma has a way of working these things out.
no, they did take time off, they paid for Stapp's rehab, they did everything they could to help him but instead, Stapp turned his back on them e decided to move to Miami.

Stapp is die-hard Creed? So why he said he'd rather be a football athlete better than a singer? Why do you say Mark and Flip should've done more if Stapp didn't do anything at all ? Actually he did... he layed on the sofa and watched ESPN...

Bottom line is Stapp abandoned the others too.

And watch what you say about karma... it may work for Stapp too.

PS: I like your nick, it comes from the song that Mark wrote!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #35
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) If you remember correctly, he said that AFTER they had broken up. He was pissed and that was his jab back at the situation. Now if you remember what he said right BEFORE the breakup,..he said he was excited about Creed working on there next album and DVD release. Anyway you slice it, THEY gave up.
No, they didn't. That was another lie. Well, maybe he believed there was hope... but the odds were low and he knew it.

Mark said during NAMM (November 2003) it wasn't gonna happen. And someone didn't let Wind-Up release a DVD coz his performance wasn't good enough.

He just kept the Creed ball rolling to look good and fool the fans... myself included.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:05 PM   #36
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: If you remember correctly,

Steve always remembers correctly.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #37
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Steve always remembers correctly.
Awww,..thats sweet. Secret man crush?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #38
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Awww,..thats sweet. Secret man crush?

lol
Old 11-16-2005, 11:37 PM   #39
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Oh....now that one made me laugh out loud.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:10 AM   #40
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Stabbed in the back? By leaving? You need some help on vocab. That is not stabbing in the back... it's... leaving. I'VE done that in a couple of bands. You don't leave a band because someone is nice and wonderful and really doing his best to be a team player. You leave because he (or they) is (are) obnoxious moron(s). So maybe they were wrong but that IS why they left.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say, you were the obnoxious moron. Mark and the gang made their bed, now they are gonna have to lie in it.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #41
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I'm gonna take a wild guess and say, you were the obnoxious moron. Mark and the gang made their bed, now they are gonna have to lie in it.

No, actually, as usual the singer was the obnoxious moron. I'm much nicer in real life than on message boards. But yeah, so the singer was an obnoxious moron, so we left that band and made another one. Actually, then, the bassist and I left the new band and made another one when the guitarist started to lose interest in making music.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #42
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Actually, I am quite happily taken. By a female. But if the best argument you can come up with is a personal insult, then I salute you for your not so valiant effort and I commend you on your not so graceful loss. Good job.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:00 PM   #43
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Actually, I am quite happily taken. By a female. But if the best argument you can come up with is a personal insult, then I salute you for your not so valiant effort and I commend you on your not so graceful loss. Good job.

Just a joke...I apologize if my humor crossed the line
Old 11-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Actually, I am quite happily taken. By a female. But if the best argument you can come up with is a personal insult, then I salute you for your not so valiant effort and I commend you on your not so graceful loss. Good job.

Dude, it was a joke. If he had said the same thing about me, I would have taken the joke in stride. I don't know why people are giving IamFilthy such a hard time; it's not like he is bashing people like those dudes who got banned. He's stated his opinion and has given valid reasons for it. I think he should be commended for that. Just my opinion.

*Edit* And he apologized for it! That takes class.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:26 PM   #45
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Dude, it was a joke. If he had said the same thing about me, I would have taken the joke in stride. I don't know why people are giving IamFilthy such a hard time; it's not like he is bashing people like those dudes who got banned. He's stated his opinion and has given valid reasons for it. I think he should be commended for that. Just my opinion.

*Edit* And he apologized for it! That takes class.

1) We are bit touchy after Faceless fan and inmyownmisery, and since ctfan has been posting a ton lately

2) i wasn't really being serious... I was joking back but whatever. Sorry if you didn't undertsand. My posts often come acrss strange because I rely on inflection which I... don't have on a message board.

3) No need to apologize, I didn't need that. lol. You have been quite charitable in your defense of Stapp, misguided as it is.