++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-28-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
emissarygtrist
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Sound

What other bands out there do you guys think sound "Creedish." (other than AB and Stapp) LOL
Old 08-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #2
bilal
USER INFO »
Re: Creed Sound

none!

not even AB or STapp (solo)

Stapp's voice might come close to many singers... though stapp has his own style..... but i dont know any other band that plays Tremonti kinda sound/riffs ...... or say "Creedish" ..... not that i know..
Old 08-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
RobertGene13
USER INFO »

When people talk about those bands who sound like Creed, what are they talking about? I even remember in an interview semi-recently that Stapp mentioned that other bands out there, currently, have the Creed sound. I don't actually have a Creed sound defined just yet. I get the impression that bands like Nickelback or 3 Doors Down and the other bands who came out with a good song or two and fell off the face of the earth, were the ones he was referencing.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Agent D
USER INFO »

Bands that people consider having that "Creed sound" are post-grunge bands. Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Revis, all the generic rock bands that aren't really distinct from each other.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
metalchris25
USER INFO »

I have to disgree with 3dd. they have a sound all thier own, and they have a distinct guitarist.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Agent D
USER INFO »

3DD is just an example of the bands that most people lump together.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
J.T.
USER INFO »

I like Creed, their my second favorite band. But I disagree with what you guys said about Nickelback. They are my favorite band and they also have their own distinct sound. As soon as I hear a Nickelback song I automatically know its them, same with Creed. And they havent fallen off the face of the earth either, they are one of the biggest rock bands in the world.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #8
bobben
USER INFO »

Well....the Creed-sound works very well. Both 3DD and Nickelback have sold millions of albums....and all thanks to Creed...hehehe
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:09 PM   #9
BoundNTied
USER INFO »

I always considered Creed one of the most original bands I've ever heard. Which is ironic because everyone says they're generic. But in a way, their generic-ness is a part of their originality because Tremonti plays rock n roll the way it's supposed to be played!!! He's the greatest riffer in the world and no one compares, I think.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #10
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

cant
Quote: (Originally Posted by BoundNTied) I always considered Creed one of the most original bands I've ever heard. Which is ironic because everyone says they're generic. But in a way, their generic-ness is a part of their originality because Tremonti plays rock n roll the way it's supposed to be played!!! He's the greatest riffer in the world and no one compares, I think.
i agree and yes from a certian prespective NO ONE, Can Master That Tremonti sound....now i would not say that no one compares, but nobody can master that sound From Human Clay And Weathered .....THERE IS ONLY ONE GUTIAR GOD..... //SLASH// on human clay....its kinda like john W. and geroge Lucas ,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 01-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #11
BoundNTied
USER INFO »

Hell yes. Nobody plays GUITAR anymore. Tremonti fucking PLAYS GUITAR!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #12
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavensOnFire) cant
i agree and yes from a certian prespective NO ONE, Can Master That Tremonti sound....now i would not say that no one compares, but nobody can master that sound From Human Clay And Weathered .....THERE IS ONLY ONE GUTIAR GOD..... //SLASH// on human clay....its kinda like john W. and geroge Lucas ,

You made a good point there, the "sound" isn't really Creed, it's Tremonti's. He came up with the melodies, so it only makes sense to say that it's more of a Tremonti sound. It makes one want to re-ask so "Who really made Creed?" Funny how things turn around when we speculate. But if you think about it, if you were to hear riffs done by some of the greatest guitarists out there, you would automatically know who's "sound" it belongs to. So let me reiterate the "SOUND" is Tremonti's.

Last edited by J-Man : 02-02-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #13
J.T.
USER INFO »

Those headbang smileys are hilarious. Sorry, random comment. But yeah, Mark Tremonti is an excellent guitar player. I love Creed, but his work in Alter Bridge is awesome and I like that band too. Myles Kennedy is good but darnit hes no Scott Stapp.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
BoundNTied
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) You made a good point there, the "sound" isn't really Creed, it's Tremonti's. He came up with the melodies, so it only makes sense to say that it's more of a Tremonti sound. It makes one want to re-ask so "Who really made Creed?" Funny how things turn around when we speculate. But if you think about it, if you were to hear riffs done by some of the greatest guitarists out there, you would automatically know who's "sound" it belongs to. So let me reiterate the "SOUND" is Tremonti's.

I know. It kinda annoys me how everyone only notices Stapp. Like.. "Oh, Creed is an okay singer." They say Creed sounds the same as other bands just cuz of the voice. Everyone's tone deaf and don't actually listen to the MUSIC, just Stapp's somewhat annoying (but also somehow fitting) voice. His voice kinda does complement the music but I guess it does that just as much as it ruins it. Tremonti really should start a solo project cuz he ain't a bad singer.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #15
shadyogrady
USER INFO »

IMO, Creed has a sound all its own. Creed is one of many bands I enjoy. Those that put Creed over 3 Doors Down should take another listen. They are both are equally good and have their own sound. When I listen to Creed albums, I think they are very consistant. They continue the same sound from one album to the next. All great. With 3DD, their sound changes alot from the first to the second to the third album. All great again. I grew up in the "Hair Bands of the 80's" era and miss that style of band. It's nice to see those bands come out of retirement and play reunion tours. Nevertheless, Creed and 3DD are by far the best bands post 80's rock.