++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-15-2004, 09:27 PM   #46
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I WAS talking about AB. If they are so against this happening, then let them stick their neck out and come out and say it publicly. Its easy to imply you don't agree with something when you don't actually have to admit to it. I have no idea what Stapp's position is, or why he has taken it..but thanks to Tremo's brother I do know the position of the other two...but they ain't talking about it. Unless any of us are privy to actual contracts that these people have regarding their respective relationships with a record company...we don't know what they are being held to legally.
I don't give a crap that you were talking about AB. The issue at hand, the one that was being discussed, was about Scott Stapp pimping the Creed Greatist Hits CD. Once again, you ignore anything that might tinge the almighty Scott Stapp's image.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:43 PM   #47
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I WAS talking about AB. If they are so against this happening, then let them stick their neck out and come out and say it publicly. Its easy to imply you don't agree with something when you don't actually have to admit to it. I have no idea what Stapp's position is, or why he has taken it..but thanks to Tremo's brother I do know the position of the other two...but they ain't talking about it. Unless any of us are privy to actual contracts that these people have regarding their respective relationships with a record company...we don't know what they are being held to legally.

I donīt think AB were against Creed Greates Hits cd was released. I just think they took that decision just for the fact Stapp is saying that all of them (Mark, Flip and Himself) agreeded about the tracks and the extra material included in the cd. When actually (Mark said that a few times) they donīt talk to Scott since the split of Creed. I donīt really necessary see a trick in all that from Mark and Flip. And iīm agree with TeriB19 about Stapp pretends that the rest of the world still believe that Creed is there. When Stapp was interviewed on tv (Kilborn is called the program) he said Creed werenīt to split up, they just were going to take a break...Mark producing(actually he produced Troy Stetina Project EP 2003) and he was going to released a solo album. Obviously didnīt mention that Mark at that time had already a new band in progress.Thatīs what i call a LIAR...

Last edited by Trimontana : 10-15-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:18 PM   #48
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Speaking about who came up with the tracklisting... I think it's pretty much a no-brainer here. Every song on the CD was a released single somewhere. There couldn't have been much contimplation over that unless they were deciding to add more.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-15-2004, 11:52 PM   #49
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Speaking about who came up with the tracklisting... I think it's pretty much a no-brainer here. Every song on the CD was a released single somewhere. There couldn't have been much contimplation over that unless they were deciding to add more.

I agree that the record company picked the tracklisting but everyone had to agree on the tracklisting both AB and Stapp.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:54 PM   #50
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I donīt think AB were against Creed Greates Hits cd was released. I just think they took that decision just for the fact Stapp is saying that all of them (Mark, Flip and Himself) agreeded about the tracks and the extra material included in the cd. When actually (Mark said that a few times) they donīt talk to Scott since the split of Creed. I donīt really necessary see a trick in all that from Mark and Flip. And iīm agree with TeriB19 about Stapp pretends that the rest of the world still believe that Creed is there. When Stapp was interviewed on tv (Kilborn is called the program) he said Creed werenīt to split up, they just were going to take a break...Mark producing(actually he produced Troy Stetina Project EP 2003) and he was going to released a solo album. Obviously didnīt mention that Mark at that time had already a new band in progress.Thatīs what i call a LIAR...

Stapp and AB had to agree on the tracklisting they may not have sat down in one room but they had to reach an agreement on the tracks or the CD would not have been released. So really when you think about what Michael statement is it really all to do about nothing.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #51
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) Stapp and AB had to agree on the tracklisting they may not have sat down in one room but they had to reach an agreement on the tracks or the CD would not have been released. So really when you think about what Michael statement is it really all to do about nothing.

no that is not true. michael has stated over at alterbridgeband.net that wind-up wanted to release a greatest hits. mark and flip didn't want it to happen at this time because they thought the timing was bad. they wanted something down the track with unreleased songs and footage and they are hoping this will happen down the track. wind-up had already sank a heap of money into it and because of how well wind-up have treated them in the past they didn't push the issue and pull the album which they presumably could have done.

he stated that he does not support a boycott but mark and scott never sat down and discussed the tracklisting. the only logical conclusion is that either stapp or michael are lying. there is no other logical conclusion and anyone that draws a different conclusion is living in a fool's paradise.

actually better than listening to me i have posted michael's quote word for word below;

Whoooaaaa there Lith. Nobody, including the band, wants anyone to boycott anything. That was not the point. The point I was making was that Stapp was lying in his interview that Mark and him sat down and talked about this CD. The reason that the guys dissagreed with it coming out was a timing issue. Mark and Flip felt that this CD should come out way farther down the road when it would have more relevance and thus it would mean more to the fans. They were thinking about you guys.

Being so busy making this AB CD, honestly, Mark and Flip had not even remembered the fact that Wind-Up wanted to bring this Greatest Hits CD out. When Wind-up approached them about the release schedule and the content recently, Mark and Flip told them how they felt as I stated above.

Unfortunately, Wind -up had already sunk a bunch of money in this project and if the guys pulled the plug on it Wind-up would have been screwed with a huge money loss. Again, Wind-up has always been great to the guys and treated them like family so they did not want to hurt them financialy in this way. Mark and Flip agreed to let it come out but also said that they would not endorse or promote it or have anything to do with the content since they dissagreed with it on principle.

As far as to who picked the content? I would say a combination of management, Wind-up and Stapp possibly. I also want you to know that another provision that Mark and Flip insisted on(the two of them hold a majority position in the Creed company) was that no unreleased footage or B-sides be included in this CD. The reasoning behind this is that they want to do this way farther down the road(have a CD that would have a lot of unreleased stuff) when it would actually mean something to the fans. Right now Creed has been broken up for less than a year and some fans are still bitter and trying to find out who was at fault and whatnot. They want that dust to settle first. They also have taken a pounding from the critics and the media who deem Creed "uncool". Let some years pass, let the music stand on it's own and someday, way in the future, you all may have a very nice present for the holidays. Again, this is but a plan, but I wanted you all to know the guys thought process. (end quote)

so there you go is michael lying? i don't think so but stapp sure is........
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 10-16-2004, 04:52 AM   #52
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) please, read this:
Okay Marcos, if it's really that way... You guys can either countine on your own without me, or we blow it off, 'cause I'm dying to buy that CD! And the only reason why I wanted to boycott it was because of the band, but I think we all misquoted what Micheal said...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #53
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Hey handmedown,

You are the only one who really understood my point of view man. I really wasnīt talking about the track list, that at this time i really donīt care. I was talking about the fact that Stapp was liying saying that bullshit staff about: oh yeah the guys and i agree in the tracks.....and bla,bla,bla. At the end of the day i donīt think that Flip and Mark would disagree to release the cd at all, itīs just in the way alll is happening that they are saying: we are not going to promote this, and thatīs all. So about Michael i see really logical what he said cuz if i was him i would do the same.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:04 AM   #54
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I agree to disagree with Michael version. I think that you can take Stapp's statement the way you want. I stand behind Stapp's statement. Because Mark and AB have made comments to the press that have been analyzed and people said he was lying. This will go on every time Stapp speaks Michael will bitch he is a liar and everytime AB speaks people will stay Mark is a liar. Like I said me personally I think the truth is in the middle along with the fans getting up in the middle.

Last edited by musiclover291 : 10-16-2004 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:52 AM   #55
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I agree to disagree with Michael version. I think that you can take Stapp's statement the way you want. I stand behind Stapp's statement. Because Mark and AB have made comments to the press that have been analyzed and people said he was lying. This will go on every time Stapp speaks Michael will bitch he is a liar and everytime AB speaks people will stay Mark is a liar. Like I said me personally I think the truth is in the middle along with the fans getting up in the middle.

where is the middle ground regarding this issue without going over things too much?

party 1: yeah mark and i sat down and discussed and agreed upon a tracklisting (something to that effect).
party 2: that is a flat out lie, mark and stapp haven't spoke since feburary.

so where is the truth that could possibly be in the middle? btw thanks trimontana....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 10-16-2004, 11:32 AM   #56
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) where is the middle ground regarding this issue without going over things too much?

party 1: yeah mark and i sat down and discussed and agreed upon a tracklisting (something to that effect).

so where is the truth that could possibly be in the middle? btw thanks trimontana....

HEY MAN HERE WE GO AGAIN LIKE THE A-TEAM!!!!

I mean the truth is not in the middle. If Stapp havenīt said all those bullshit lies about all that staff, Michael would never had to call him liar. So itīs much better that Stapp learn a lesson: donīt lie cuz it will be against you. And what is driving me crazy is how some people are still believing in Stapp's words like he is an evangelist or something. And now Michael, of course has to defend Flip and Mark, cuz otherwise itīs going to look like Stapp is saying the truth. I dontīknow how people can think badly about Mark & Flip in all this complot when i really think they wanted give to us something else that a CD full of staff that we already have seen 1000 times...Noone is going to change my mind about that shity staff is going around and much less think badly about Mar & Flip. The best thing we can do-all Creed fans (those who cares about the music and good memories brings to our mind)- is listen to their music with love. Me personally (and finishing that) will support who always cared about music and the best for the fans: Tremonti & Flip.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:55 AM   #57
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
I wonder if the DVD of perfomances and videos is separte or what? I don't think it is. If it was, I'd buy that cuz I have not seen all their videos or those performances--and as for the CD, yeah, that's not worth it.

-Open Your Eyes
Old 10-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #58
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
BTW, a rarites/B-sides CD down the road sounds good to me since I haven't heard those songs. The best thing that coulda happened was that Wind-Up wouldn't be so money hungry and release the CD right away--besides, if they waited 2-4yrs. or so, it would probably sell better and mean more. Yes, they shoulda waited 4 yrs. and then had a Creed Celebration Kit (1 CD of greatest hits (coughsinglescough) like they're going to relase now, 1 CD of B-sides, rarities, remixes, acoustics and a DVD of concert footage and music videos along with a big poster)

-Open Your Eyes
Old 10-16-2004, 02:24 PM   #59
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) where is the middle ground regarding this issue without going over things too much?

I agree to disagree. Because personally I think Michael likes to stir up negativity when it comes to Stapp. I think you can take Stapp statements how you want to as I lie or not.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #60
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I agree to disagree. Because personally I think Michael likes to stir up negativity when it comes to Stapp. I think you can take Stapp statements how you want to as I lie or not.

why would michael bother to stir up negavity? does the man have nothing better to do than sit around on message boards and stir up trouble about a man he hasen't seen in months? i believe he has a lot more fun seeing all the fans at concerts and hanging around his brother rather than all of this political crap.

again there is simply no middle ground here. either stapp is lying or you're right and michael is stirring up trouble. common sense tells me the former is correct.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie