++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-28-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Greenworld
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I know this is kinda old but..

What do you guys think Faceless Man is about at all?? I mean its so open to meaning but yet it's one of stapp's deepest songs, so it leaves me confused all the time when I think bout it. thanks.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:14 PM   #2
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Faceless Man i think he (Scott) is talking about finding himself

"Next time i see this face I'll say i choose to live for always"
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 01-28-2003, 06:27 PM   #3
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I think it has do w/ self doubt and learning to trust yourself as well as others....just my opinion...as u said....it's totally up to interpretation

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-28-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
"its funny how silence speaks sometimes when your alone. And remember that you feel". Its my humble opinion these words alone should tell you what this songs about. Have a great day everyone
Old 01-28-2003, 06:47 PM   #5
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I like your interpretations a lot and they're great. For me, Faceless Man is probably their most spiritual song. To me, it's about being with God/Holy Spirit especially the part with the line "next time I see this face I'll say I choose to live for always". The beginning of the song also gives me that feeling as well where he talks of being by the river. I know when I'm surrounded by nature, I can't not think about God.

Don't mean to be too religious or offrend anyone but as Scott always says, they leave the song interpretation to the fans and for me that's what this song says to me.

Relearn Love
Old 01-28-2003, 08:43 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan63
<b>I like your interpretations a lot and they're great. For me, Faceless Man is probably their most spiritual song. To me, it's about being with God/Holy Spirit especially the part with the line "next time I see this face I'll say I choose to live for always". The beginning of the song also gives me that feeling as well where he talks of being by the river. I know when I'm surrounded by nature, I can't not think about God.

Don't mean to be too religious or offrend anyone but as Scott always says, they leave the song interpretation to the fans and for me that's what this song says to me. </b>

agreed!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:51 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree with your interpretation, Creedfan63. "I choose to live for always, so won't you come inside and never go away" always makes me think of someone opening themselves up to whatever higher spiritual being they believe in and welcoming him/her/it into their own life. "He looked me right in the eye direct and concise to remind me to always do what's right" could either be that spiritual being leading him in the right direction, or his inner conscience steering him in that direction.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-28-2003, 09:19 PM   #8
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i think it's about taxes
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-28-2003, 09:36 PM   #9
Kim V.
USER INFO »
I agree; the bible says that Jesus' yoke is easy and His burden light (direct line from the song). Also, He looked me right in the eyes direct and concise to remind me to always do what's right - Jesus does that. Next time I see this face I'll say, I choose to live for always; so won't you come inside and never go away - inviting Jesus into your heart to stay and give you eternal life!

Hope that wasn't too spiritual for some of you, but that's my interpretation; and right now Faceless Man is the song I seem to be listening to the most lately.

SPIRITUAL INSINUATIONS SEEM TO SHOCK OUR NATION - Scott Stapp

PEACE...

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>I agree with your interpretation, Creedfan63. "I choose to live for always, so won't you come inside and never go away" always makes me think of someone opening themselves up to whatever higher spiritual being they believe in and welcoming him/her/it into their own life. "He looked me right in the eye direct and concise to remind me to always do what's right" could either be that spiritual being leading him in the right direction, or his inner conscience steering him in that direction. </b>

Ditto!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-29-2003, 10:08 AM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Kim V.
I agree; the bible says that Jesus' yoke is easy and His burden light (direct line from the song). Also, He looked me right in the eyes direct and concise to remind me to always do what's right - Jesus does that. Next time I see this face I'll say, I choose to live for always; so won't you come inside and never go away - inviting Jesus into your heart to stay and give you eternal life!

Hope that wasn't too spiritual for some of you, but that's my interpretation; and right now Faceless Man is the song I seem to be listening to the most lately.

SPIRITUAL INSINUATIONS SEEM TO SHOCK OUR NATION - Scott Stapp

PEACE...

hahaha thanks!!! I thought IŽd be bashed if I posted what you posted... I agree 100%!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #12
Greenworld
USER INFO »
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies, i didnt expect this many! well, i always had an interpretation that the song is about accepting what you are and that in material form is your own "Faceless Man" because as he says "next time i see this face i'll say i choose to live for always so wont you come inside and never go away." but i got a lot of new views on the songs now, thanks.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:14 PM   #13
Sheila63
USER INFO »
You're welcome, Greenworld. When I first heard that song, it just blew me away!! It's definitely one of my favorite Creed songs and I hope to see them perform live on the next tour.

I enjoy hearing people's interpretations of songs. It's interesting that people get different messages from the same song. So thanks for asking the question.

Relearn Love
Old 01-29-2003, 01:40 PM   #14
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
hahaha thanks!!! I thought IŽd be bashed if I posted what
you posted... I agree 100%!!!

No problem N30........ you know your name is kinda hard to copy to write back, LOL! Just tellin' it like it is...

UNLIKE THOSE WHO HIDE THE TRUTH I TELL IT LIKE IT IS....
SPIRITUAL INSINUATIONS SEEM TO SHOCK OUR NATION....
--- Scott Stapp

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #15
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Kim, it's so much easier just to call him Marcos!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.