++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-16-2004, 04:42 AM   #16
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah, eat some cookies
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #17
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I'm looking forward to it. Excited - NO, not in any way. Any excitement I might have had about it is long gone. There has been so much secrecy, and heresay that I have a headache over it.

I am however excited about Scott's solo project. It was mostly Scott's lyrics and his voice that attracted me to Creed in the first place. Scott is an entertainer, he needs to be in the spotlight, so I expect great new music from him.

When "official" word comes out that Creed is gone, I will be very, very upset. But, I'm trying to look positively at this. Creed is my favorite band, and I've said it before, I very easily slip into withdrawal of the fact that they are not together right now recording. Creed was something very special. Time heals all wounds. It could be a few years, but they'll be back.

Shadow, without even looking to see what anyone else posted after yours, I have to reply....I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said, from start to finish! It's as if you know my exact feelings about all this and posted it for me!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 04-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #18
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) Shadow, without even looking to see what anyone else posted after yours, I have to reply....I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said, from start to finish! It's as if you know my exact feelings about all this and posted it for me!
Kim,
I thought I was going to get blasted for saying those things. I'm glad I'm not alone

Robyn
Old 04-16-2004, 07:12 PM   #19
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I'm looking forward to it. Excited - NO, not in any way. Any excitement I might have had about it is long gone. There has been so much secrecy, and heresay that I have a headache over it.

I am however excited about Scott's solo project. It was mostly Scott's lyrics and his voice that attracted me to Creed in the first place. Scott is an entertainer, he needs to be in the spotlight, so I expect great new music from him.

When "official" word comes out that Creed is gone, I will be very, very upset. But, I'm trying to look positively at this. Creed is my favorite band, and I've said it before, I very easily slip into withdrawal of the fact that they are not together right now recording. Creed was something very special. Time heals all wounds. It could be a few years, but they'll be back.

Count me in as another person who feels the same way as you, Robyn.

Relearn Love
Old 04-16-2004, 09:34 PM   #20
creedwisdom
USER INFO »
me, too

count me with y'all, shadow, kim v., and creedchick! my feelings are w/ya! i have always felt fans were being somewhat manipulated by all the "don't tell anyone, but...." and gabriel's strategic "leakings". i love mark, but wish he'd just be straight-up and speak for himself.

that is another reason i respect scott so much. despite all the slams, he never "hides in the shadows" he also responds with grace and kindness to his bandmates, is even self-effacing, i think, no matter what the reports of their attitudes towards him. he understands that some personal matters are sacred, for the sake of his son, his family, and his sanity, which, i feel is why he likely should never and will never discuss the end of 02.

he also knows that the force for good that CREED is goes far beyond the sum of three very talented artists.....

if CREED never makes more music, i will still daily be touched and blessed by the legacy we have already, but i do pray time and healing will once more allow the CREED annointing
Old 04-17-2004, 02:43 AM   #21
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
just wondering

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Kim,
I thought I was going to get blasted for saying those things. I'm glad I'm not alone

Robyn
do you feel as if youve been blasted?
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-17-2004, 03:09 AM   #22
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
To be honest with you, i am rather excited about tremonti's solo album because i've been waiting to hear him at his full potential, which i dont think he ever reached with creed. Of course, im a weirdo too, it seems like i follow bands that have awesome guitarists, but stapps lyrics/singing brought me to creed. Im pretty disappointed that it "may be over" and that they are "taking a break" but i think that this will give tremonti and stapp both room to shine. Who knows, maybe things will work out with both of them or they could realize that creed was a good thing, and get back together. Personally I would rather have creed than a breakup, but its better to have to awesome artists making solo albums....Things might get interesting and we will see a little competition between tremonti and stapp, a race for record sales or something, that would be interesting.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-17-2004, 03:43 AM   #23
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Things might get interesting and we will see a little competition between tremonti and stapp, a race for record sales or something, that would be interesting.
yeah, but if one succeeds(sp?) over another, ill feel bad for the guy that doesnt do as good, ya know?
Old 04-17-2004, 03:50 AM   #24
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) yeah, but if one succeeds(sp?) over another, ill feel bad for the guy that doesnt do as good, ya know?

I think the solo projects is them seeing who is better than who. Like Mark and the guys telling Scott Stapp that they can succeed with or without his help. And Scott Stapp telling them that they're nothing without him. It's all a competition!
Old 04-17-2004, 03:51 AM   #25
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
true, but you know that neither of them are going to sell the exact same amount of albums, and that wouldnt be anything short of a miracle if they did. But, i think behind the scenes there will be some friendly competiton. I dont want to see one of them beat the other, but you know the only thing they may come to a tie in is the Certification of their album by the RIAA. One of them will out-do the other unless we stand against it, and buy up the albums that make up the difference!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-17-2004, 03:52 AM   #26
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) true, but you know that neither of them are going to sell the exact same amount of albums, and that wouldnt be anything short of a miracle if they did. But, i think behind the scenes there will be some friendly competiton. I dont want to see one of them beat the other, but you know the only thing they may come to a tie in is the Certification of their album by the RIAA. One of them will out-do the other unless we stand against it, and buy up the albums that make up the difference!

Let's see who needs who!
Old 04-17-2004, 04:04 AM   #27
facelessman
USER INFO »
my votes for tremonti, heh heh
Old 04-17-2004, 04:06 AM   #28
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) my votes for tremonti, heh heh

Tremonti, Flip, and Brian actually. I am behind them all the way!
Old 04-17-2004, 04:16 AM   #29
facelessman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Tremonti, Flip, and Brian actually.!
ahh, good call
Old 04-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #30
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'll say it again! I love Stapp, Mark and Flip to death!! And I know that no one of them will ever "fail" us. I have so much faith in this guys! I'm SO excited about this new band and I'm SO excited about Stapp's solo. Of course I'd like it better if they were still together, but this is the way it is and we can't change it, so why worry. Hopefully they will join forces again in a few years and get back stronger and better!! I really can't wait to hear this two new albums! And I'm also SO excited about Submersed!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor