++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-07-2006, 06:15 AM   #1036
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

February 7th

"Hate."

What a bold and powerful word. We must not hate people. We must hate evil. It's a tough combination to pull off, but absolutely vital. Evil is here because of the Evil One... The champion of hate, lies, and death. So when evil rears its ugly head, let's be courageous and oppose Satan and his work. In the process, let's pray for those trapped in its tentacles, even if they consider us enemies.

Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Psalm 97:10

I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.

Booker T. Washington

Heaven

Old 02-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #1037
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 8th

“24 Hour Surveillance.”

All of us behave differently when we think we're being watched. Usually, we are on our best behavior when we know that someone else is around. The funny thing is, somebody is always with us: God. Is God pleased when He sees the way we act when we're alone? It is a wise person who tries to live righteously all the time, both when others are with him or her as well as when he or she is alone. God will help us be the people we are meant to be, if we will only ask. No one is more deserving of our best behavior than God.

Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; though hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Psalm 17:3

It takes two to speak the truth, one to speak and another to hear.

Thoreau

Heaven

Old 02-09-2006, 06:12 AM   #1038
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 9th

"Does God want to forgive sinners?"

God sent Jesus to take the punishment for sin, dying on the cross in our place. All who repent and trust in Christ can be forgiven. Human forgiveness often comes with hidden strings. We say we forgive, but later, at a crucial time, we yank the string and pull the offense back into view. Saying "I forgive you" comes easily, but truly forgiving and forgetting is much more difficult.

If you doubt God's forgiveness, allow the words of Romans 8:32 to strengthen your faith. If God gave up his only Son for you, so surely he will not hold back his forgiveness:

Since God did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't God, who gave us Christ, also give us everything else?

God's forgiveness is different than human forgiveness. Isaiah 43:25 declares that when God forgives sin, he forgets them forever:

"I—yes, I alone—am the one who blots out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again."

Knowing our tendency to store past offenses and hold grudges, we assume that God does the same.

Though our hearts are filled with sins, you forgive them all.

Psalm 65:3

Stand tall and breathe the sweet air of forgiveness.

Heaven

Old 02-10-2006, 06:18 AM   #1039
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 10th

"Love."

In the week before Valentine's Day we want to remember the real meaning of love. Without the motivation and expression of love, all "Christian" activities are more "activity" than Christian. Love is the expression of Christ's character and presence in our lives through deeds done for others.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3

For how can you perform those works which Paul teaches to be the works of love, unless you renounce yourself, and give yourself wholly to others?

John Calvin

Heaven

Old 02-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #1040
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Proverbs ch.16 THE PREPARATIONS Of The Heart In A Man And The Answer Of the tounge is From The LORD always!!! All The Ways Of Man Are Clean in their Own Eyes But God Ways The Spirts Commit thy works unto The Lord And Thy Thoughts Shall Be Established , The Lord Hath Made All Things For Himself Yea Even The wicked for the day of evil, Matt.15.8.9 This People Draweth Nigh unto Me WITH THEIR MOUTH AND HONOUR ME WITH THEIR LIPS BUT THEIR HEARTS BE FAR FROM ME But In Vain they do worship me teaching for doctrines the ways of men, HEAR AND UNDERSTAND Not That Which Goeth into the mouth defileth a man but that which comes out of the mouth this defileth man, LOVE ONE ANOTHER THE WAY I HAVE LOVED YOU!!!! AMEN AND AMEN Enter Into His Gates With Thansgiving And Into His Courts WITH PRAISE BE THANKFUL UNTO HIM AND BLESS HIS NAME FOR THE LORD IS GOOD HIS MERCY IS EVERLASTING AND HIS TRUTH ENDURETH TO ALL GENRATIONS, Even to those who refuse to sing THE GOD OF THE MOUNTIAN , i love that one THE GOD OF THE GOOD TIMES IS STILL GOD OF THE BAD TIMES it can anoy people if their having a hard time and dont feel like singing and sharing that same optimistic FEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL But Sooner or later they get it!!!!
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 02-11-2006, 06:28 AM   #1041
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 11th

"Unexpected help."

In 1803, Thomas Jefferson commissioned Lewis and Clark to lead an expedition across an unexplored America to the Pacific coast. The expedition was called "Corps of Discovery" and it lived up to its name. It cataloged 300 new species, identified nearly 50 Indian tribes, and traversed terrain that had never been seen by Europeans.

They were joined along the way by a French fur trader and his wife Sacajawea. They soon found her to be invaluable as an interpreter and guide. During the trip, Sacajawea was reunited with her family. Her older brother had become the tribe's chief, and he helped them acquire horses and a map of the uncharted West. Without Sacajawea's and her brother's unexpected help, the expedition may not have succeeded.

The Bible tells of an expedition that also received unexpected help. The Israelites had sent spies into Jericho, a city in the land promised to them. Rahab agreed to ensure their escape in exchange for her family's protection when Jericho fell. In this way the sovereign God of grace used her to prepare the way for a victory in Israel's conquest and settlement of the Promised Land. Are you in the middle of a challenge? Remember, God can provide help from unexpected sources.

The woman took the two men and hid them.

Joshua 2:4

When trials seem impossible
And we can't face the day,
The Lord extends His helping hand
And makes for us a way.

Sper

Heaven

Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #1042
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 12th

"Define Love."

A healthy definition of love is crucial to understanding the central message of the Bible. According to the Bible, love is not confined to sexuality, not is it primarily a feeling at all. The Bible teaches that love is a commitment. As a commitment, love is not dependent of good feelings, but rather on a consistent and courageous decision to extend oneself for the well-being of another. That commitment then produces good feelings, not the other way around. Jesus became the perfect demonstration of God's unconditional love for us by laying down his life for our benefit.

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

John 14:2

And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love
You make.

Lennon/McCartney

Heaven

Old 02-13-2006, 06:31 AM   #1043
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 13th

"Simple praise."

Putting forth a great deal of effort is much easier when we can feel we've accomplished something. There is a basic instinct within each of us that likes praise and reward. We need to feel that we are noticed when we do what is good and right. The Lord sees all that we do, and His pleasure is ever with us. His abundant blessings come to all who truly love Him and pursue Him with all their heart, mind, and soul.

The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath be recompensed me.

Psalm 18:20

We increase whatever we praise. The whole creation responds to praise, and is glad.

Charles Fillmore

Heaven

Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 AM   #1044
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Valentines Day, 2006

"Show your love."

Did you know the Bible doesn't just say, "God loves you?" Now don't let me confuse you, it does say God loves us many times, but each time it does, it shows us that love as well. God loved us so much time he didn't just say I love you with a valentine, he showed he loved us by sending his Son!

Love doesn't always have to be shown through flowers and stuffed animals, as Christians we should be urged to stay away from materialistic elements of love but express its true meaning through actions.

Do everything in love.

1 Corinthians 16:14

You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

Galatians 5:13

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

Happy Valentines Day Gang!!!

Heaven

Old 02-15-2006, 12:49 AM   #1045
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

AMEN Pslam 12.6.7 What A Love Thine Loves Of Loves And Thine Precious Words Stand On Love And In Spirt And In Truth, AMEN THE Words Of The Lord Are PURE Words As Silver Tried In A Furnace!!!! Of The Earth!!!!!!! PURIFIED 7 TIMES 7 Thou Shalt Keep Theme O Lord Thou Shalt Preserve
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 02-15-2006, 06:08 AM   #1046
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 15th

"God given attributes."

God has equipped His creation with many wonderful and amazing qualities. The doe who can climb steep mountains with nary a misstep, the jaguar that can outrun any prey and turn sharply at its fastest pace, the eagle who can span vast distances in a matter of hours; all these creatures are strong because they use their God-given talents as they were intended to.

There is a lesson to learn from such creatures. We, too, have been given many wonderful gifts and talents. When we affirm the talents we have been given, then God will surely bless us, and we will be a sign to others of His goodness. God has given us hinds' feet, wings to fly, power, grace, and a multitude of other gifts. Embrace them and know that the Lord is good!

He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.

Psalm 18:33

If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.

Anita Roddick

Heaven

Old 02-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #1047
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Hev Wonderfull message and you do a wonderful job with the daily bread here at the feed, which is one of yours and how much i never over look theme, You Remind Me, THE LORD IS A FAITHFUL GOD!!!!! I WILL PRAISE THEE WITH MY WHOLE HEART BEFORE THE GODS WILL I SING PRAISE BEFORE THEE I WILL WORSHIP TOWARD THY HOLY TEMPLE FOR I KNOW HOW I KNOW THY LOVINGKINDNESS AND FOR THY TRUTH FOR THOU HAST MAGNIFIED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME IN THE DAY WHEN I CRIED THO AWNSERED ME AND GAVE ME STRENTH WITH THY STRENTH FOUND IN THINE SOUL to him alone belongs the glory for his voice is the comforters of all comforters
Old 02-16-2006, 06:10 AM   #1048
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) Hev Wonderfull message and you do a wonderful job with the daily bread here at the feed, which is one of yours and how much i never over look theme, You Remind Me, THE LORD IS A FAITHFUL GOD!!!!! I WILL PRAISE THEE WITH MY WHOLE HEART BEFORE THE GODS WILL I SING PRAISE BEFORE THEE I WILL WORSHIP TOWARD THY HOLY TEMPLE FOR I KNOW HOW I KNOW THY LOVINGKINDNESS AND FOR THY TRUTH FOR THOU HAST MAGNIFIED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME IN THE DAY WHEN I CRIED THO AWNSERED ME AND GAVE ME STRENTH WITH THY STRENTH FOUND IN THINE SOUL to him alone belongs the glory for his voice is the comforters of all comforters
We do it as a community as well Sis...

Holding together and making stronger, through the gift of praise and brethren!

Peace,

Heaven

Old 02-16-2006, 06:10 AM   #1049
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 16th

"Growing stronger."

Each of us needs each other. God uses other believers to strengthen us and make us holy. As you pray for strength to be faithful to God, you should expect his answer to come through those believers who worship with you. Likewise, you should earnestly pray that God might use you to strengthen other believers.

May God himself, our Father, and our Lord Jesus make it possible for us to come to you very soon. And may the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else, just as our love overflows toward you. As a result, Christ will make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy when you stand before God our Father on that day when our Lord Jesus comes with all those who belong to him.

1 Thessalonians 3:11-13

A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm.

Henrik Ibsen

Heaven

Old 02-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #1050
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

beautiful message i feel others praying for me, As God Power Speaks The Power Of Love FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD Knows What You Need Before you Asked When Its Time Its Time, For Those Prayers Of Everyone To Be Heared AND WHAT IS REALLY NEEDED THEREOF And Known Pslam 133, BEHOLD HOW PLEASANT IS IT FOR BRETHREN TO DWELL TOGETHER IN UNTIY,