++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 04-09-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Paul Gilbert? (Solo guitarist/ guitarist in Mr. Big/ Racer X)

Does ANYONE here like Paul Gilbert??... Definately one of the Most UNDER-rated Guitarists out there... his name should be right up there with Seve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Zakk Wylde, Van Halen, Dime, and Rhoads!!!!
He picks as fast as Petrucci with the Style and Expression of Hendrix or Vai!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-09-2005, 02:52 AM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I have been meaning to pick up some Racer X stuff. Someone recommended him to me a while back and I just didn't get around to picking it up.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Paul Gilbert is an awesome guitarist, i definitly agree with you on that one. Do you listen to guitarists like Yngwie Malmsteen and Jason Becker? They are the Neo-Classical guitarists of the 80's. Jason Becker could listen to an entire classical music score in one sitting, and replicate it on guitar. He got diagnosed with Lou Gherigs disease in the late 80's and cant play guitar anymore (and its such a shame). He was the only guitar player in the 80s to be considered a prodigy.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Paul Gilbert is an awesome guitarist, i definitly agree with you on that one. Do you listen to guitarists like Yngwie Malmsteen and Jason Becker? They are the Neo-Classical guitarists of the 80's. Jason Becker could listen to an entire classical music score in one sitting, and replicate it on guitar. He got diagnosed with Lou Gherigs disease in the late 80's and cant play guitar anymore (and its such a shame). He was the only guitar player in the 80s to be considered a prodigy.
Yngwie Yes... But i don't think i've ever heard any of Jason's Stuff... I'll definately have to check that out... My Grandpa has Lou Gherigs disease so i definately have some major Sympathy for him...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
There's a guy on another board who is nuts for Jason Becker. That's such a crime that he got Lou Gherig's disease. I will have get some of his stuff, too.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i went to www.PaulGilbert.com for the 1st time last nite... and WOW there is some funny shit on there! It's the Official Site of Paul and is RUN BT PAUL HIMSELF!!! And that's why it's so funky looking... lol check it out and laugh your ass off!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life